Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinosaurs did have dreams.

Options
  • 29-04-2016 5:36pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Or REM sleep anyway.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36150972
    a study of the bearded dragon - a popular pet - suggests these distinctive sleep rhythms emerged hundreds of million of years ago in a distant ancestor.

The fact that reptiles, birds and mammals share similar sleep patterns suggests these evolved in a common ancestor some 300 to 320 million years ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Yes, but the question is, what did they dream of? :B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So a bird is a version of a dinosaur?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Something written by PK Dick?

Or sheep asleep, maybe?

Either way, we can rest assured that scientists somewhere are wiring some poor reptile's head/brain to some computer.

"Dream, my pretty!"

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Esel wrote: »
    Either way, we can rest assured that scientists somewhere are wiring some poor reptile's head/brain to some computer.

"Dream, my pretty!"
    or worse :eek:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Necomimi-Brainwave-Emotion-Controlled-White-Cat-Ears-Cosplay-Headband-/251316421280

$T2eC16hHJH8FHRBed!bhBS!(oR8uGw~~60_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5 I like cheesepuffs

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Yes, but the question is, what did they dream of? :B

Microwaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Esel wrote: »
    Something written by PK Dick?

Or sheep asleep, maybe?

"Dream, my pretty!"

692949_orig.jpg

cropped-dinodreamheader1.jpg

Advertisement