Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tank problems

Options
  • 29-04-2016 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

hoping someone can shed some light !

been using kangertech subtank mini on a 30w istick, but the coils are only lasting a day or 2 before I start getting that horrible burnt taste

been using a frisco vapor 55vg 34pg, elements 80vg liquids and other bits and pieces but the above would be my favs

just cant seem to get it dialed in

new tank?
    wrong vg / pg ratios ?

any suggestions

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The ratio shouldn't matter, I've used 80VG juices in a subtank nano [same coils] - I could get 2 weeks out of one of those coils :/ Could be a few different issues. A very highly sweetened juice that contains certain sugars, which can gunk up coils - or you were unlucky and got a bad batch of coils? or you're not priming the coils before using them? Other than that, no idea, doesn't sound right anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Are you using the RBA or the Kanger OCC coils?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

What ohm coils are you using?
    What wattage are you firing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

@chipfox using the regular coils - occ (?) not rebuildables

@soundman - been using a few different, .5, 1.2, 1.5 - firing around 17w

got a 1.5 in at the moment, i stuck a pin in the holes on the side of the coil and "loosened" the cotton or basically stuck a hole in the cotton (!), its been woking well so far ! so think it wasnt wicking properly / quick enough

if yis have any other suggestions let me know !

cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Generally speaking to prevent burning the coil out:

1.5ohm coils shouldn't be run at more than 12w
    1.2ohm coils shouldn't be run at more than 15w
    0.5ohm coils shouldn't be run at more than 36w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Between 3.7 and 4.3 volts is normally where I'm at. Watts will change according to coil resistance, 4v on a 1.5ohm is about 10.5w whereas 4v on a 0.5ohm is about 32w so keep an eye on the volt display on your iStick to get a better idea. I think 3 fast clicks on the fire button will change it to voltage mode and vice versa.

Advertisement