Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New JC English frustration

Options
  • 29-04-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all

Looking for some advice if possible re new JC course.

I was under the assumption that we were not to complete the oral presentation task but got an email from jct.ie yesterday saying the presentations should now be commencing in class.

Does anyone know if it should be completed, even if I don't assess it.

I'm so confused by what we are or are not meant to be doing!!
    What's happening in your schools?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Jamfa

nicmc wrote: »
    Hi all

Looking for some advice if possible re new JC course.

I was under the assumption that we were not to complete the oral presentation task but got an email from jct.ie yesterday saying the presentations should now be commencing in class.

Does anyone know if it should be completed, even if I don't assess it.

I'm so confused by what we are or are not meant to be doing!!
    What's happening in your schools?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Today was the first day of the three week block for the May completion of the Oral classroom-based assessment but it can also be completed in Sept. I know some ASTI schools are following the oral task but not assessing it officially for the school cert. The 2nd years should have a few pieces at least in their 'collection' which is due to be completed by December.
    http://www.jct.ie/perch/resources/english_pdf/assessment-for-jcpa-nov-2015-1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicmc

Thanks Jamfa

Glad to know that it can be completed in Sept as I'd hate to rush into it now and not give students the opportunity to do as well as they can, May is so busy in schools.

Student have been keeping pieces for a portfolio so I'm not as concerned about this.

The lack of clarity is what I find so annoying (especially with the Asti directive thrown into the mix),so thanks for the link!

Advertisement