Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I/O error when loading media

Options
  • 29-04-2016 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure where is best to post this, so mods please move if appropriate.....

I cannot load/play the RTE radio player on my laptop. TV player works fine.

When I try to play a radio programme, a pop-up box shows with the message "I/O error when loading media"

Can anyone tell me what this means, and can I fix it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

You don't have an ad blocker running do you? Find that causes problems on the RTE site.

Try a different browser - that happened on Firefox for me and worked on Internet Explorer

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

FanadMan wrote: »
    You don't have an ad blocker running do you? Find that causes problems on the RTE site.

I do actually.... surprised that it would knock out the radio player but not the TV? Anyway, I'll try tomorrow to see if that's what the problem is. Cheers!
    Try a different browser - that happened on Firefox for me and worked on Internet Explorer
    Yep, have been trying to use it on Firefox. Will try chrome tomorrow. Thanks!

Advertisement