Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW36 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

29 points with 19 coming in off the bench so I'll be looking at 48 plus whatever Captain Kane can bang in tomorrow night.

Happy enough with that.

There's always one! :D

This phrase should be added to **** and **** on the auto asterix list. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

FHFC wrote: »
    There's always one! :D

This phrase should be added to **** and **** on the auto asterix list. ;)

Sorry. I couldn't resist! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Has Alli missed many games for Spurs this season?

Interested to know what their stats are like without him playing.

DDG

Smalling, Reid, Bellerin,

KDB, Mahrez, Sanchez, Mane,

Sturridge, Long, Deeney (c)

Darlow, PVA, Lanzini, Sakho

I expect PVA to come in for KDB

I think Southampton will beat City, Deeney will run riot and I will be disappointed with less than 80 points this week.

Called it !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Wow klopp that must be a crazy score with Deeney(c) and Mane.
    I bet you're annoyed with Darlow on the bench though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

55 (-4) with Kane to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Today's games went really well for me with no players. Dropped 22 places to 81st
    Just Willian left and I wont begrudge Spurs (and Kane holders) a win tomorrow as long as Leicester still win the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

42(-8) could have been a decent gameweek had Lukaku actually started, my time in the top 1k is now over. The week I did my wildcard, I was ranked around 50th, 4 gameweeks later and I've crashed outside the top 1k. Not been the most fun the last few weeks.

Edit:
    Actually 989th but I'll drop below this time tomorrow

spock. wrote: »
    Wow klopp that must be a crazy score with Deeney(c) and Mane.
    I bet you're annoyed with Darlow on the bench though ;)

Ha. GW rank of 910 so Darlow would have made that even more interesting.

Deeney is a Birmingham fan and was with Villa as a youth so that's why I captained him. That and the fact Villa stink.

Both PL teams in European semi finals get stuffed. No real surprise maybe. That and Mane going crazy for his summer move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Deeney is a Birmingham fan and was with Villa as a youth so that's why I captained him. That and the fact Villa stink.

Both PL teams in European semi finals get stuffed. No real surprise maybe. That and Mane going crazy for his summer move.

Sure it all seems obvious in hindsight. Fair play though, that is an outstanding GW you had.

Well done this week. That info was a big factor for me bringing in Deeney on WC.
    Cheers and I'll bite: what's your score this GW?

ElTel wrote: »
    Well done this week. That info was a big factor for me bringing in Deeney on WC.
    Cheers and I'll bite: what's your score this GW?

Nice one. 77 (-4)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Nice one. 77 (-4)

Happy enough with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

remoteboy wrote: »
    Aguero not playing gives me a glimmer of hope in my head to head. I'll get 5 from Siggy. My opponent will get 0 from Clyne. Will still need Toby to outscore Dier by 7 points so just a glimmer.

Siggy got 7 points, so just 5 points difference you need between them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

43 (-4) seems decent. Projected green arrow to 20k odd.

Kane to play and Rose to sub in for Agüero.

Take it an run.

Add my congratulations to dahat on the Mané windfall!

Well done amd thanks, picked him up last weel and returns eaxh week so far, his work is done till 38 now. 11pt lead increased to 40pts so nearly over the line.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Well done amd thanks, picked him up last weel and returns eaxh week so far, his work is done till 38 now. 11pt lead increased to 40pts so nearly over the line.

Very nearly got him in as a short term punt instead of Alli last week. Thought I was very wise when Mane was benched. One 'punch' and a hattrick later....

Meanwhile a certain Spacecraft features in 2 of the 10 goals of the month! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Nice of Cuco Martina to get the assist for Man city's 2nd goal.

It's a pity Southampton don't have another right back in their squad. One who starts Rb for Portugal would be ideal perhaps?

Very nearly got him in as a short term punt instead of Alli last week. Thought I was very wise when Mane was benched. One 'punch' and a hattrick later....

Meanwhile a certain Spacecraft features in 2 of the 10 goals of the month! :)

Spacecraft and Mane have been the making of my increased lead last two weeks.

Next weeks punt is Big Andy with a likely captain band as well possibly. Sturridge is gone in the head football wise at Liverpool it seems.

Spacecraft and Mane have been the making of my increased lead last two weeks.

Next weeks punt is Big Andy with a likely captain band as well possibly. Sturridge is gone in the head football wise at Liverpool it seems.

Yeah. From considering for dgw captain to selling up likely here too. Carroll in the last game at Upton Park hard to overlook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

wonski wrote: »
    Siggy got 7 points, so just 5 points difference you need between them :)

Saw that. Delighted. But my sums were a little off. Turns out I need 5 for a draw and six for a win. Dier is yellow flagged so hoping he doesn't play. Opponent only has 2 points on bench so a clean sheet and baps could drag me over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Caveat : Haven't read any of the thread to this point

9 players playing this week thanks to the no shows from mignolet robles aguero kdb darmian and alli. I would have transferred out alli but I wasn't going to lose any value and I thought I would manage to have 11 players anyways.

36 points for the gameweek. Kinda surprised I'm only down 1k so far to 19k.

Keep it inside 30k after the inevitable Kane wondershow tomorrow and I'll be overjoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

47 (-16).

Overall my huge hit paid dividends. It could have been better. It also could have been much worse.

But I just got demoralised by my rival getting a lucky Deeney captain sub (from Aguero). Despite my hit I was gonna gain on him if Kane returned more than just appearance pts tomorrow. Now I'm gonna need a wonder show from Harry not to lose further ground. Last hope is my TC next week. Hopefully luck will be on my side this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Caveat : Haven't read any of the thread to this point

9 players playing this week thanks to the no shows from mignolet robles aguero kdb darmian and alli. I would have transferred out alli but I wasn't going to lose any value and I thought I would manage to have 11 players anyways.

36 points for the gameweek. Kinda surprised I'm only down 1k so far to 19k.

Keep it inside 30k after the inevitable Kane wondershow tomorrow and I'll be overjoyed

And my private league rival is gonna have second sub Morgan come off the bench.

Gg you Big T. Gg you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

50 points even, no hits. Just Kane left and Gabriel to sub in for Aguero :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I need a Kane (c) hatrick and an Alderweireld CS to beat ElTel in the cup tonight.

Fun stat: Tadic completed just 20 passes against City, yet created 6 chances, 3 resulting in goals.

Judging by the rest of my players, Kane ain't gonna do diddly squat tonight. Everything rests on TC Carroll next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

54 with PVA to come in for 2 and Kane to play. Darlow was massive, Sanchez (c) a letdown but relieved by aguero and sturridge also blanking. I had Sanchez earmarked as TC against villa on the last day but having second thoughts now as he looked very tired on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Fun stat: Tadic completed just 20 passes against City, yet created 6 chances, 3 resulting in goals.

:eek::eek:
    Thats absolutely crazy!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

62 with Kane and Fabregas to play. My 13 point hit to get out 4 players with a combined score of 1 point for 4 players, Fabregas, Townsend (10), Cresswell (6) and PVA (2) has given me a fighting chance for this and next game week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

FutureGuy wrote: »
    62 with Kane and Fabregas to play. My 13 point hit to get out 4 players with a combined score of 1 point for 4 players, Fabregas, Townsend (10), Cresswell (6) and PVA (2) has given me a fighting chance for this and next game week.

Are you playing cheat mode???:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Nobody above me has Kane. Omg omg omg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Nobody above me has Kane. Omg omg omg.

Guy I am chasing has Alderweider vs my Kane.

I also need him to deliver, without a clean sheet preferably :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

wonski wrote: »
    Guy I am chasing has Alderweider vs my Kane.

I also need him to deliver, without a clean sheet preferably :)

Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Chelsea beating Spurs 1-0 would be A++

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The guy above me in my money league has no Kane but has alder. He also has fabregas (VC) and Hazard (c)

Not sure how to feel about that. I'm sure despite both doing nothing all season he will be rewarded.

Depending on how this game goes, I may take a hit on bringing in a Chelsea player for the remaining games.

I lead my cash league with Fabregas and Kane to play tonight with Fabregas being a differential for me.

A goal would be just outstanding but with players like Mane and Spacecraft delivering in style maybe the well has run dry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Dier, Dembele; Lamela, Eriksen, Son; Kane
    Begovic; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Pedro; Diego Costa

Hazard benched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Team to face Spurs (4-2-3-1): Begovic; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Pedro; Diego Costa. #CFC
    Tonight’s subs: Amelia, Baba, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Oscar, Hazard, Traore. #CFC
    #THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Dier, Dembele; Lamela, Eriksen, Son; Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hazard on bench
    Fabregas #10
    Will be keeping a keen eye on himself and maybe costa

No Hazard in the 11 throws a spanner in the dgw gambling crew.

Fabregas at 10 I'd say? Hopefully he delivers something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

No Hazard in the 11 throws a spanner in the dgw gambling crew.

Fabregas at 10 I'd say? Hopefully he delivers something.

Fab could be an inspired choice, transferred KDB out, it'll be grand!

Invincible wrote: »
    Fab could be an inspired choice, transferred KDB out, it'll be grand!

Hope so, if he fails i can blame you. With a clear lead established in my cash league Fabregas is a bit of an unexpected bonus as he was bought for next weeks dgw really.

Pedro still interesting too. 5th start in a row after coming on at HT vs West Ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hazard benched. :mad:

b5961de407d6758cdf5ece1d0bad130c.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Chelsea 2-1 with a Harry Kane goal would be perfect for my FPL and for Leicester winning the league :D

Pedro still interesting too. 5th start in a row.

Agreed and a better player to get goals than Fabregas. Hazard can't be gambled on now with his benching.

Ivanovic back at FB could be of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hope so, if he fails i can blame you. With a clear lead established in my cash league Fabregas is a bit of an unexpected bonus as he was bought for next weeks dgw really.

That you can!
    He won't have that high of ownership this week yet, should be a good competitive game, all things considered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement