Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Later with Jools/ Hootenanny appearance

Options
  • 30-04-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

ok, so I have a big long list of favourite appearances/ tracks from down the years and I have to say this one with Weller and Winehouse has got to be well up there. Great sax solo as well and you can see Jools is really enjoying himself.

so what's yours?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

For me, the most memorable over all the watching I have ever done of the show (I don't watch it religiously mind you) was this one where Seasick Steve landed on the scene

Love the bit at 1:50 with Paul Weller bopping along to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,334 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

By a thousand miles:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

NIMAN wrote: »
    For me, the most memorable over all the watching I have ever done of the show (I don't watch it religiously mind you) was this one where Seasick Steve landed on the scene

Love the bit at 1:50 with Paul Weller bopping along to it.

Plus 1 to this. There's another Jools performance where he plays Diddly Bo and Never Go West which is worth checking out, not sure which was his first appearance on the show but they're all fantastic.

Personal Jools favs: the night Joe Strummer and Warren Zevon played. Both would be gone within a short time of that appearance.

Hootenanny fav: Van doing Philosophers Stone, utterly breathtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Plus 1 to this. There's another Jools performance where he plays Diddly Bo and Never Go West which is worth checking out, not sure which was his first appearance on the show but they're all fantastic.

Personal Jools favs: the night Joe Strummer and Warren Zevon played. Both would be gone within a short time of that appearance.

Hootenanny fav: Van doing Philosophers Stone, utterly breathtaking.

thanks for this! Nice mix there.

Seasick Steve:

Joe and Warren in 2000:

Van (really liked this):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Frequent visitors to the show over the years..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

The Unthanks, Queen of hearts was good but its gone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

thanks for this! Nice mix there.

Seasick Steve:

Joe and Warren in 2000:

Van (really liked this):

It's a hard road daddy-o...

Thanks for posting the links, doesn't let me do it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭brevity

Wild Beasts

Battles

I'd say being there for that Battles performance would have been life changing, really impressive stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,757 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The performance that EVERYBODY talks about is At The Drive-In performing 'One-Armed Scissor'...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x42l0l_at-the-drive-in-one-armed-scissor-l_music

As chaotic as you'd expect, but made all the more sweeter is the fact that Robbie Williams was the next act to perform - he had the look as if to say 'How do I follow that?!?!' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

The performance that EVERYBODY talks about is At The Drive-In performing 'One-Armed Scissor'...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x42l0l_at-the-drive-in-one-armed-scissor-l_music

As chaotic as you'd expect, but made all the more sweeter is the fact that Robbie Williams was the next act to perform - he had the look as if to say 'How do I follow that?!?!' :D

holy
    sh1t

you're description was very accurate!

Really enjoyed that!

Advertisement