Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secure outdoor cat house

• 30-04-2016 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Our eldest cat, Mori, loves to be outside as much as possible. At the moment he is allowed out when we are home, but stays inside when we are working. He is always in at nighttime & this will stay the case.

When the summer comes (if it ever does!) I'd love to be able to let him out in the morning as I leave for work (he sits looking wistfully out the window...) but I can't install a cat flap in rented house. I don't want him outside with nowhere to go nap if he wants to.

I would love to put an outdoor house in the garden for him but don't want the ferals and foxes in it, I've been looking around in hopes of finding a house with a door that will only open for a cat with a microchip... Anyone ever come across such a thing?

He's an escape artist when it comes to collars so a chip on a collar won't work for him...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I've seen cat kennels with just a plain cat flap on them but never with a microchip one (at least in shops anyway!) but I'd imagine it wouldn't be too big a job if you were putting together a kennel to buy a microchip flap separate and just replace the one with it. Or else if there's a carpenter or shed maker around you, I'm sure they'd be able to put something together too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Is your garden fenced? I know a cat shelter that uses a fence-top apparatus similar to this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3c/64/8d/3c648d663480fa73b07d5157f3dcccd0.jpg and the owner says it works well. I live in rented property and I would imagine this enclosure style would be easy to remove when you have to leave. We're considering it for our escape artists. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shivi111

Hi, no not fenced at all, low walls... This would keep ferals & foxes out I imagine but our garden is huge so I imagine the cost of this would be high... Good thought though!

Advertisement