Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architect v Architect Technologists

Options
  • 30-04-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Project :
    House refurb (rewire, re-plum (boiler, rads), re-plaster walls, sand/seal wooden floors, replace old wooden sash windows or casement windows, roof needs slates to be removed, insulated and relaid etc) and demolition of single storey extension (circa 40m2) and replacement with another single storey extension (circa 58 m2)

Issue :
    Architect versus Archiect Technologists

I have met a few ATs who were not upfront that they were ATs and through either creative wording or the use of the word Architect (by them or a builder referring them) implied they were architects

Needless to say I expect ATs to say they are as good as Architects and can do the job and for Architects to say "buyer beware" and to use Architects.

Thoughts, comments anyone ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

As far as I know ATs are drawing producers but Architects deal more with design and compliance with regs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

As far as I know ATs are drawing producers but Architects deal more with design and compliance with regs.

Slightly mixed up.
    The architect sees the overall design.

The AT's are responsible for the draughting and ensuring that the architects vision can actually be built and in compliance with the building regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

kceire wrote: »
    Slightly mixed up.
    The architect sees the overall design.

The AT's are responsible for the draughting and ensuring that the architects vision can actually be built and in compliance with the building regulations.
    You right, just make it short. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

:D:D

had a great laugh at that!

http://www.ciat.org.uk/en/careers/What_is_a_Chartered_Architectural_Technologist.cfm

Advertisement