Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar Panels to Power Basic Electricity - Advice Sought!

• 30-04-2016 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi,

Still waiting for the ESB to connect to our building and working off a generator.

Someone said to me that I could get solar panels installed on the roof and run a cable into the main electricity board - or to some extension lead that would enable us to run basic power - lights, computers, telephone etc.

Apparently there are kits for this but I can't seem to track these down in Ireland.

Anyone come across this, or can offer advice/know someone who can point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
    wildsaffron

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

It isn't that straightforward I'm afraid. You would need batteries and a battery based inverter. The inverter would be sized to the maximum power you need at any moment in time. The battery would store surpluses to maintain the energy required at any moment in time. Solar panels could the charge the batteries and would be sized to your total energy required each day or so.

Advertisement