Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of WATER CHARGES paid by Direct Debit within last 8 weeks

Options
  • 30-04-2016 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How does one arrange a refund of a Direct Debit paid within last 8 weeks as described in National newspapers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Miranda10 wrote: »
    How does one arrange a refund of a Direct Debit paid within last 8 weeks as described in National newspapers?
    There's a form on the 365 Online site, once you sign in. Go to Manage Accounts, Direct Debit Services, More Direct Debit Services Available From Bank Of Ireland, and then download the form called Sepa Direct Debit Refund form. Then select Option A Authorised Refund. You have to post it in to the address specified. You'll get a quibble free refund of your direct debit. However this does not mean that your onus to your creditors disappears in reality e.g. if you hop a direct debit to ESB in this way, don't expect to have your power supply for too much longer. For Irish Water it's really up to the individual to decide. I am counting down the 8 week clock myself. If the gov haven't refunded me, I'll be doing similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Miranda10 wrote: »
    There's a form on the 365 Online site, once you sign in. Go to Manage Accounts, Direct Debit Services, More Direct Debit Services Available From Bank Of Ireland, and then download the form called Sepa Direct Debit Refund form. Then select Option A Authorised Refund. You have to post it in to the address specified. You'll get a quibble free refund of your direct debit. However this does not mean that your onus to your creditors disappears in reality e.g. if you hop a direct debit to ESB in this way, don't expect to have your power supply for too much longer. For Irish Water it's really up to the individual to decide. I am counting down the 8 week clock myself. If the gov haven't refunded me, I'll be doing similar
    Good morning Miranda10, 

Thanks for your post.

Ally Dick is correct this can be done by filling in a 'Refund Direct Debit payment form' and post it to the address at the bottom of the form. Here's a link to the form if you need it.

Also here's more information on Sepa Direct Debits.

If we can help with anything else please let us know,

Janette

Advertisement