Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGM/EGM

Options
  • 30-04-2016 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I want to attend my companies EGM I am a staff member but my managing director said i could I just don't want to upset the other board members. Can anyone tell me if I am entitled to go and if so how come.

Kind regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Stick to posting on one sub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Are you a shareholder?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Munstermadjoe

duploelabs wrote: »
    Stick to posting on one sub

I'm new to boards didn't know where he question was best suited

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Munstermadjoe

Are you a shareholder?

Just a staff member

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Fairly sure you have no entitlement to attend.

If your director has said yes, then what's the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

These meetings are a very formal affair, not a talking shop.

What is your goal in attending, if it is to observe and learn, then I doubt that there would be any issue.

If your goal is to participate in any what then you would need to engage with the chairman to arrange to ask a question or speak at the meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Is this a large public company or a private limited company. You might have some chance with the former, ZERO with the latter.

Advertisement