Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire fighter?

• 30-04-2016 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi, in order to become a fire fighter, do you need to stay in the control room for 3 years before actually getting a chance to be on the fire truck etc? If so that's ridiculous. I'll be applying when they recruit again but don't like the idea of staying in the control centre for 3 years.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

They recruited firefighters only few weeks ago straight in as firefighters I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mccabe96

sjb25 wrote: »
    They recruited firefighters only few weeks ago straight in as firefighters I believe

Yep I couldn't apply as don't have driver licence yet but will have it next time they recruit, I've seen multiple posts saying you need to be in the control room for 3 years first I hope not!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Mccabe96 wrote: »
    sjb25 wrote: »

Yep I couldn't apply as don't have driver licence yet but will have it next time they recruit, I've seen multiple posts saying you need to be in the control room for 3 years first I hope not!!
    Think that was a separate recruitment I think

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

Mccabe96 wrote: »
    Hi, in order to become a fire fighter, do you need to stay in the control room for 3 years before actually getting a chance to be on the fire truck etc? If so that's ridiculous. I'll be applying when they recruit again but don't like the idea of staying in the control centre for 3 years.

Sometimes you got to do what you got to do if it's the job you want.

Control room is a way in to full time firefighter or else just go for firefighter recruit which is a separate recruitment campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

I am on current DFB panel waiting to start. No you don't need/or go threw control room for recruitment.

Junior cert is bottom line requirements.
    Good luck in your future application. Expect it to be 2018-2020 at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mccabe96

Grahamfire wrote: »
    I am on current DFB panel waiting to start. No you don't need/or go threw control room for recruitment.

Junior cert is bottom line requirements.
    Good luck in your future application. Expect it to be 2018-2020 at least

I have both Junior and Leaving cert, Will be getting my b licence soon this year so will have all the requirements needed and going to join the civil defence etc soon to build some experience.

Advertisement