Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Andy Carroll DGW 37 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Current team
    mannone hennessey
    pva daniels morgan ake dier
    ozil sanchez mahrez alli townsend
    lukaku aguero kane.
    Ive 1.8 in the bank and 1 ft.
    Im planning on between 4 and 5 transfers as Ive BB this gw anyone any suggesttions

Hazard and Carroll for Ozil and Big Rom. Everton look dead buried at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looking for another DGW midfielder other than Hazard?
    Is there anyone that I would take a 4 pt hit to drop Siggy for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Question for Lanzini owners –

I know this is probably a niche audience, but is anyone planning on either keeping or bringing in Lanzini ?

I want/need to get Payet and Carroll in but feel that 3 West Ham is overkill, depite their good form (??) – also don’t want to ‘waste’ a transfer taking out a DGW player.

Squad needs major surgery going into the last couple of weekends - Firminio, Sturridge, Kane and Kun all giving me headaches :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking at a -8 as i'm chasing.

Sakho, Alli and Aguero/Kane to Cresswell, Hazard/Fabregas and Carroll.

I have to sell Aguero if I want to get Hazard as I only have 8.8m for a midfielder if I sell Kane.

I'll wait and see how the CL semi final goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

dahat wrote: »
    Hazard and Carroll for Ozil and Big Rom. Everton look dead buried at this stage.

Sanchez gone and Hazard in,Arsenal just aren't dependable and he looked off the pace the other day.
    Carroll looks like being my TC gamble.....It's shit or bust time now.

zerks wrote: »
    Sanchez gone and Hazard in,Arsenal just aren't dependable and he looked off the pace the other day.

Yeah I'm in on Carroll myself but I'm keeping Sanchez as he cpuld do anything plus my rival has him and unlikely to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cazorla, Chamberlain and Wilshere are all pushing for starts with Arsenal, Ozil could be dropped so I think I'll have to sell him too, even though I'd like to keep him for the Villa game. It could make their line up for the Villa game kinda interesting
    Hazard and Carroll for Ozil and Big Rom. Everton look dead buried at this stage
    I dunno what to do with Lukaku, I think the game against Leicester could be pretty high scoring but he may not even start

Yeah I'm in on Carroll myself but I'm keeping Sanchez as he cpuld do anything plus my rival has him and unlikely to sell.

My rival has Sanchez and Ozil-he's an Arsenal fan but I feel they will find a way to balls up the remaining 2 games,have 100 shots and lose both 1-0.

I've taken a -4 this GW to get Hazard and Carroll and if needs must I'll take another hit on Friday night/Saturday morning to try to get some much needed extra points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My rival has Sanchez and Ozil-he's an Arsenal fan but I feel they will find a way to balls up the remaining 2 games,have 100 shots and lose both 1-0.

I've taken a -4 this GW to get Hazard and Carroll and if needs must I'll take another hit on Friday night/Saturday morning to try to get some much needed extra points.

Sanchez will be highly captained in gw 38 and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

siblers wrote: »
    Cazorla, Chamberlain and Wilshere are all pushing for starts with Arsenal, Ozil could be dropped so I think I'll have to sell him too, even though I'd like to keep him for the Villa game. It could make their line up for the Villa game kinda interesting

I dunno what to do with Lukaku, I think the game against Leicester could be pretty high scoring but he may not even start

I think I'll be sticking with lukaku unless word comes that he won't be starting. Ozil I'll defo be selling. Two arsenal mid's over two arsenal defenders has proved quite costly.

• Advertisement

Fabregas could be in bother after the game.last night according to reports om Twitter, that's him sold if that's the case.

Quite a few charges to be handed out today it seems, Huth, Fellani, Dembele, Fabregas and one or two more I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looking like Carroll Costa Hazard in

-8 but with the doubles fixtures I should be ok

Any Sturridge owners holding onto him? Not sure he is in Klopps goodbooks these days and with Benteke fit Kloop has options again.

Any Sturridge owners holding onto him? Not sure he is in Klopps goodbooks these days and with Benteke fit Kloop has options again.

I have himself and Firminio so will probably reluctantly get rid of one of them....very hard to know with Liverpool tbh.

I think the recent Sturridge strop/sulk stuff has been overstated - he's pretty much been like that the whole time.

Actually the more i think about it I'll probably end up keeping both of them :o

I'm keeping Aguero as he is a cert to play v Arsenal this week so it's Kane or Sturridge to depart for Carroll, hopefully the Euro game will give us more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

I have Sturridge but I'm not sure what to do with him either.

I'll wait and see what happens in Europe this week before deciding

I'm defending a 2 point lead over 2nd place in the only league I care about now so don't know whether to take a -4 and bring in Defoe/Carroll/Hazard/An other or just not take a points hit

Gonna be a long week thinking about this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

The plan was to sell Pelle (what a disaster) for Defoe/Carroll, more likely Defoe. However, Danny Rose's injury is annoying. I was hoping to field 14-15 players this week and use BB. So I guess I need to wait and see who is more likely to play, Rose or Pelle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking for another DGW midfielder other than Hazard?
    Is there anyone that I would take a 4 pt hit to drop Siggy for?

I'd hold Siggy if I was you. He's on form and I think there's a shortage of mids on form, with something to play for and free from rotation risk.

I still have KdeB and Alli to ship. Don't expect either of them to play. Looking at a punt on Hazard (3rd times the charm:P) for KdeB. Rival has Smalling so tempted to bring him in as a defensive move.

I still have the AoA chip to play. If I play that GW38 where there's likely to be a good few goals I need all my attackers playing. I'm looking at you, Kun and Sturridge!
    Points hits ahead.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Who to bring in up front? Money no object as its for Aguero. Costa, Studge, Lukaku, anyone else I'm missing?

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Who to bring in up front? Money no object as its for Aguero. Costa, Studge, Lukaku, anyone else I'm missing?

Big Andy :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Anyone gone bigger than a -8?

Sanchez will be highly captained in gw 38 and rightly so.

I have the funds to get him back in if needed.It's like the last few hands in poker at this stage.Arsenal at home to Villa looks like a handy 5-nil job but time and again they let everyone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Big Andy :D

Already got him. Front 3 at the mo are Kane Carroll Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Current team
    mannone hennessey
    pva daniels morgan ake dier
    ozil sanchez mahrez alli townsend
    lukaku aguero kane.
    Ive 1.8 in the bank and 1 ft.
    Im planning on between 4 and 5 transfers as Ive BB this gw anyone any suggesttions

Dier -> Valencia
    Daniels -> Cresswell / WH Def
    Ozil -> Fabregas / Hazard
    Alli -> Noble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Invincible wrote:
    Dier -> Valencia
    Daniels -> Cresswell / WH Def
    Ozil -> Fabregas / Hazard
    Alli -> Noble

No need to get rid of Daniels for a hit with WBA home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

keano_afc wrote: »
    Already got him. Front 3 at the mo are Kane Carroll Aguero.

Jermain Defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Looking to catch up about 15 points plus over the next 2 weeks:

Mignolet Darlow
    Gabriel Bellerín Cresswell Smalling Rose
    De Bruyne Sánchez Townsend Firmino Payet
    Kane Agüero Rashford

Am looking at some combination of the below

Mignolet Darlow
    Gabriel Bellerín Cresswell Smalling PVA
    Hazard Sánchez Townsend Firmino Payet
    Carrol Defoe Rashford

Am I crazy to ditch both Aguero and Kane ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Serious celebrating round Leicester way (and they deserve it). Time to abandon the good ship Leicester?

KevIRL wrote: »
    Serious celebrating round Leicester way (and they deserve it). Time to abandon the good ship Leicester?

I dunno, they were in training this morning and they looked fresh, I think they'll get decent attacking returns as the pressure is now off, plus Everton are dog**** at the back these days.
    Looking to catch up about 15 points plus over the next 2 weeks:

Mignolet Darlow
    Gabriel Bellerín Cresswell Smalling Rose
    De Bruyne Sánchez Townsend Firmino Payet
    Kane Agüero Rashford

Am looking at some combination of the below

Mignolet Darlow
    Gabriel Bellerín Cresswell Smalling PVA
    Hazard Sánchez Townsend Firmino Payet
    Carrol Defoe Rashford

Am I crazy to ditch both Aguero and Kane ?
    No need to sell Rose, you have 3 defenders for the DGW. Wait till the results of the European games before deciding on KDB and Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wouldn't fancy playing either Gab or Bellerin this week...who knows which Arsenal will turn up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I expect them to score 2/3 at weekend but concede
    I'll still play Fuchs though cos he is very dangerous attacking wise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Anyone considering khazri?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Anyone considering khazri?

Got him last week, but already regret it. Big Sam talking up rotation: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sam-allardyce-will-make-changes-to-sunderland-xi-in-final-three-games-1-7888541

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Hmmmmm.. Probably best to avoid so

Ugh, wonder will this effect Defore or PVA :rolleyes:

Rival, who has a 30 point lead, just brought in two of my targets, Cresswell and Hazard :(

Back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

siblers wrote: »
    Ugh, wonder will this effect Defore or PVA :rolleyes:

I'd think the defence and Defoe are safe (unless Defoe's legs can't handle 3 matches in a 8 days). Probably Khazri and Borini on the rotation block

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

Benimar wrote: »
    Rival, who has a 30 point lead, just brought in two of my targets, Cresswell and Hazard :(

Back to the drawing board.

Did he tell you? That's generous of him

At least now you can go a different direction!

I'd think the defence and Defoe are safe (unless Defoe's legs can't handle 3 matches in a 8 days). Probably Khazri and Borini on the rotation block

PVA should be safe hopefully but Defoe could potentially be rested, I had considered bringing him in a couple months back but Big Sam seemed to rotate him quite frequently despite his goodish form so likely he could be rotated again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Wildcard is currently active. This is what I have so far:

new_team.jpg

The GW squad would be:
    team_selection.jpg

Currently have three West Ham players. Who would you replace to get Carroll in - Noble, Payet or Cresswell? And who would you replace?

:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Trying to figure out the Sturridge conundrum a bit. Poor performance and petulant finish on Sunday. However Klopp didn't reveal any annoyance with him revealing it was Studge who insisted on not coming off early.

“I spoke to him at half time,” Klopp said. “We had already made two changes at half time, so told him if he feels something he should give me a sign.

“He said 'no, I want to play the 90 minutes' and that was absolutely no problem.

“He didn't play on Thursday, so we now have four or five days until Thursday again, so everything is good"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-klopp-says-sturridge-11269659

The Echo piece also quotes Klopp referring to a failure to applaud the away fans, with Sturridge in particular going straight down the tunnel. Sturridge later acknowledged the fans on twitter saying he was gutted at the result.

https://twitter.com/DanielSturridge/status/726773865263800320

The 'storming off' seems to be the 'in a tea cup' variety. No indication of friction with the manager. The only fly in the ointment I fear a little is Benteke looking decent on his return and potential to take minutes. Especially if Sturridge starts on Thursday which I think he probably will.

Even if he does start vs Villarreal I think I will keep him for the DGW. Benteke might start one game but Studge is a big threat off the bench and still hungry with a Euro spot to nail down.

Any Liverpool fans care to assess that assessment?

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I was watching his team value and those are the only two moves that make sense and add up to the movement (unless he's totally lost the plot! )

Looks like he is playing BB, but doesn't have Carroll or Payet, so some hope there.

FHFC wrote: »
    Trying to figure out the Sturridge conundrum a bit. Poor performance and petulant finish on Sunday. However Klopp didn't reveal any annoyance with him revealing it was Studge who insisted on not coming off early.

“I spoke to him at half time,” Klopp said. “We had already made two changes at half time, so told him if he feels something he should give me a sign.

“He said 'no, I want to play the 90 minutes' and that was absolutely no problem.

“He didn't play on Thursday, so we now have four or five days until Thursday again, so everything is good"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-klopp-says-sturridge-11269659

The Echo piece also quotes Klopp referring to a failure to applaud the away fans, with Sturridge in particular going straight down the tunnel. Sturridge later acknowledged the fans on twitter saying he was gutted at the result.

The 'storming off' seems to be the 'in a tea cup' variety. No indication of friction with the manager. The only fly in the ointment I fear a little is Benteke looking decent on his return and potential to take minutes. Especially if Sturridge starts on Thursday which I think he probably will.

Even if he does start vs Villarreal I think I will keep him for the DGW. Benteke might start one game but Studge is a big threat off the bench and still hungry with a Euro spot to nail down.

It's too hard to call but after the second leg, on Thursday, it could be easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

q2ice wrote: »
    Wildcard is currently active. This is what I have so far:

new_team.jpg

The GW squad would be:
    team_selection.jpg

Currently have three West Ham players. Who would you replace to get Carroll in - Noble, Payet or Cresswell? And who would you replace?

:confused::confused:

Replace Noble for Carroll, Kane out, wouldn't bother keeping Alderweirald after his injury last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mahrez doesn't drink. Vardy, not so much! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »

I have him and I'm just going to chance it. He should get at least 30 minutes in each game.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Seeing as how Leicester have the league won, you'd imagine Ranieri will give fringe players a game this weekend?? Dodgy time to have Leicester assets IMO

Seeing as how Leicester have the league won, you'd imagine Ranieri will give fringe players a game this weekend?? Dodgy time to have Leicester assets IMO

Not a hope the fringe players play this weekend. Huth and Drinkwater are (or will be) suspended but everyone else will play. They are picking up the league trophy, no way the first teamers don't play that game.

GW38 might be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Benimar wrote: »
    Not a hope the fringe players play this weekend. Huth and Drinkwater are (or will be) suspended but everyone else will play. They are picking up the league trophy, no way the first teamers don't play that game.

GW38 might be different.

Beware the tinkerman

• Advertisement

Beware the tinkerman

He is the anti-tinkerman this season. Least amount of line-up changes of any Premier League champion ever.

Advertisement