Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Andy Carroll DGW 37 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Need some help (and possible psychic powers) to close out my work league.

I have a 7 point lead at the moment, and both of us have TC chip left. The other guy has been playing for years (I’m a noob) but he’s obviously not on Boards due to the Andros sized hole in his team.

Main rival:

DDG, Darlow

Sakho, Bellerin, Gabriel, Simpson, Fosu Mensah

Fabregas, Sanchez, Lanzini, Payet, Milner

Martial, Kane, Aguero

Mine is currently:

Darlow, DDG

Evans, Lovern, Gabriel, Morgan, PVA

Spacecraft, Iwobi, Sanchez, Lanzini, Firminio

Sturridge, Kane, Aguero

Will probably bench either Sanchez or Aguero (:eek:)

My current thinking is Iwobi & Kane out for Payet & Carroll (for a hit) and put the TC armband on Payet (I’m pretty certain he’ll TC Payet and get Big Andy in for Kane – not sure if he’ll have cojones to dump Fabregas for Spacecraft but he may take a hit to sort out his defence a bit)

So basically it comes down to Sturridge + Spacecraft Vs. Fabregas + Martial --- is there anything obvious I’m missing? I know my Liverpool players are risky but I think both will feature in both DGW games regardless of what happens on Thursday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I kinda want Liverpool to win on Thursday, I've Deeney and plan to bring in Hazard, a weakened Liverpool team will do nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Never ever thought I'd type this but.... is selling Sturridge for Andy Carroll worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Darrenon91

Will I dump Kane for Costa or Coutihno for Fab/Willian?

Main rival has Kane and he is 4 points ahead of me in the ML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will Carroll start 3 games in a week with his injury record and the other options they have? Sam's comments about rotation are putting me off Defoe too. I'm leaning towards Deeney now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

LostArt wrote: »
    Never ever thought I'd type this but.... is selling Sturridge for Andy Carroll worthwhile?

I don't think so but team news might change that re Sturridge. Definitely not worth a -4 IMO, I mean what is Carroll's PPG expectation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

It's the Sturridge rotation possibility that worries me, though 90 mins v Watford could be enough for a decent score

LostArt wrote: »
    It's the Sturridge rotation possibility that worries me, though 90 mins v Watford could be enough for a decent score

I think there are rotation worries for sure. I suppose over 2 games you're probably looking at 110ish minutes maybe? Has Carroll a 4 point better point expectation than Sturridge if he plays 180? Stats would suggest he doesn't. Has he a better point expectation at all? I think it's marginal at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Any love for Costa ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Have Migs and Robles who to start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

patmac wrote: »

Awful echo in here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I'd go Mig

Cartman78 wrote: »
    So basically it comes down to Sturridge + Spacecraft Vs. Fabregas + Martial --- is there anything obvious I’m missing? I know my Liverpool players are risky but I think both will feature in both DGW games regardless of what happens on Thursday night.

I have Townsend (as most on here do) and he is Newcastles most consistent player at the moment and should do well against Villa. However Newcastle are fighting for theor lives and I could see a nervy 1-0 win here instead of a flood of goals (which Newcastle need for goal difference)

It looks like Fabregas will get away with his ball slapping antics and has been playing well up untill the Spurs game where he was quiet.

If Liverpool progress I could see Benteke playing League and Sturridge being saved.

Personally I reckon a Fabregas/Martial pairing will score more than a Sturridge/Townsend one

Colking wrote: »
    Any love for Costa ?

Will he start both games?

CSF wrote: »
    Will he start both games?

I think he will, he's played the full 90 in the last 3 games and he didn't go spare after the gouging so maybe he's learning not to be such a (insert multiple random expletives here)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 3m3 minutes ago
    Klopp asked if Sturridge will start?: "I was waiting for this question. He could be, 100%, but I've made no decision yet about the line up."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm set on Andy Carroll for the dgw but not sure who to sell.

Kane, Sturridge or Aguero?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did alli and dier to payet and kone. I now have 3 Sunderland defenders. Will make atleast 1 more transfer before the deadline. I think im going to stick with ozil and lukaku. Decent fixtures in gw 38 and I have BB this week.

3 Sunderland defenders, isn't that a bit risky or was it to make funds available for other players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Tempting to TC Payet or Martial and bring in Tadic for Alli. Spurs have Dembele suspended now, and Spurs have lost the title so..might favour Southampton? Was also tempted to bring in Carroll but realised my strikers are Kane, Aguero and Martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Will Robles play, or will they give Howard a final few games as a farewell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

patmac wrote: »

I have both as well and neither is guaranteed two games. I have Mig in currently. He's had two rests so far; even if they qualify, how many more does he need?!?! Liverpool have better fixtures too. I considered a hit too but Mig should get one game anyway and I don't think it's worth a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Martinez said Howard was scheduled for final two home matches, Robles away matches. So he'll play both of the DGW and then be benched for GW38

siblers wrote: »
    3 Sunderland defenders, isn't that a bit risky or was it to make funds available for other players?

It's risky but I have BB and a cheap backline so not much choice I needed to free funds for payet. They may also have kept 2 cs in dgw last year Mr prodston will confirm. I know somebody tripling up on sunderland defenders cost me winning the bohs and harps pay league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Martinez said Howard was scheduled for final two home matches, Robles away matches. So he'll play both of the DGW and then be benched for GW38

Thanks for that. Makes sense in a way, Howard gets good send off at home and Robles gets a few games too to keep him happy.

Colking wrote: »
    I think he will, he's played the full 90 in the last 3 games and he didn't go spare after the gouging so maybe he's learning not to be such a (insert multiple random expletives here)

I just think Hiddink might go rotating in the last few games. Give Pato a game or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It's risky but I have BB and a cheap backline so not much choice I needed to free funds for payet. They may also have kept 2 cs in dgw last year Mr prodston will confirm. I know somebody tripling up on sunderland defenders cost me winning the bohs and harps pay league.

Ha. I am contemplating the treble up too after Roses injury. Was nearly afraid to suggest it on here!! :)

I could go Watford either but I just don't fancy them for clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Gonna go all out this GW I think. Go hard or go home.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Ha. I am contemplating the treble up too after Roses injury. Was nearly afraid to suggest it on here!! :)

They have a decent gw38 fixture as well which is what I needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I can only start one of Kane and Sanchez.
    Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

spock. wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

I'd be thinking Kane. He can't win PL but golden boot be a nice consolation prize. He surely be going all out. That's just one opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

3 poor transfer decisions in the last 2 gw's has made my team look a whole lot less convincing than it did a few weeks back. 2pts ahead in my main league. Could really do with some advice before I make another transfer mess this week. My team
    Robles
    Alderweirld
    Smalling
    Moreno
    Payet.
    Antonio
    Sanchez
    Firmino
    Aguero
    Sturridge
    Lukaku
    Schmeichel
    Simpson
    Bellerin
    Iwobi

Have 2.2m to spend, and would like to make 3 or 4 changes but just one free transfer available. Any thoughts or opinions on possible transfers would be great. Considering Sanchez to Hazard, but with one eye on gw38 would like to have Sanchez in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'd be thinking Kane. He can't win PL but golden boot be a nice consolation prize. He surely be going all out. That's just one opinion though.

no dembele OR alli though
    I'd play Sanchez first anyway and then look at who else to drop for Kane
    I'll be selling him I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Both teams have decent 2 out of 3 fixtures, but I think sticking to the team that have a lot to lose is better option.

Saying that the teams that are fighting to get out of relegation zone are the very same teams that were to be avoided for one and obvious reason.

What makes us think that Sunderland now will keep clean sheets and score goals:D

I now have two Sunderland players which is more than enough tbh.

More of a blocking transfers than something I wanted tbh - my opponent has Defoe so I had to jump on that train, too.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    no dembele OR alli though
    I'd play Sanchez first anyway and then look at who else to drop for Kane
    I'll be selling him I think

Sold him today, not 100% sure if it is right call, but funds were needed to get Payet back, and I just couldn't sell Aguero.

FHFC wrote: »

Its madness trebling up on Sunderland, one goal kills 3 players, crazy gamble imo.

Look for another defender with assist /goal potential if there is one. Has to be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That Arsenal game that ended 0-0 though. I wouldn't wish the fear I had for 95 minutes of that match to anyone. I'd absolutely consider the double or triple of both varieties though ;)

wonski wrote: »
    Sold him today, not 100% sure if it is right call, but funds were needed to get Payet back, and I just couldn't sell Aguero.

Not far off it myself, getting Carroll and Hazard in so one star striker had to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm waiting to make sure Aguero doesn't get injured first !

• Advertisement

Both teams have decent 2 out of 3 fixtures, but I think sticking to the team that have a lot to lose is better option.

Saying that the teams that are fighting to get out of relegation zone are the very same teams that were to be avoided for one and obvious reason.

What makes us think that Sunderland now will keep clean sheets and score goals:D

I now have two Sunderland players which is more than enough tbh.

More of a blocking transfers than something I wanted tbh - my opponent has Defoe so I had to jump on that train, too.

They have only conceded 5 goals in their last 7 games keeping 3 clean sheets. I'd prefer smalling or Cresswell over kone who I got today but didn't have the money.

km79 wrote: »
    I'm waiting to make sure Aguero doesn't get injured first !

Who said I am not going to make another transfer:D

If anything happens I will get Carroll in straight away.

I am still stuck with Lukaku, remains of last dgw that I can't get rid of no matter what...

dahat wrote: »
    Its madness trebling up on Sunderland, one goal kills 3 players, crazy gamble imo.

Look for another defender with assist /goal potential if there is one. Has to be a better option.

You get rid of all the heartache in one go is a positive way of looking at it ☺. Anyway it suits me I don't have the budget for big defenders and have a BB to play.

You get rid of all the heartache in one go is a positive way of looking at it ☺. Anyway it suits me I don't have the budget for big defenders and have a BB to play.

Forgot you had BB tp play, makes some bit of sense then but still wouldn't be for me. A double up is enough stress for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

And there was me getting bashful for thinking about getting Kirchner in with PVA this week.

They have only conceded 5 goals in their last 7 games keeping 3 clean sheets. I'd prefer smalling or Cresswell over kone who I got today but didn't have the money.

12 in last 12 with 3 clean sheets - 1 of those a miracle against Arsenal. The other 2 were with Norwich (a) and West Brom (h).

I know it is done and all, and it isn't the worst idea ever, but the love for Sunderland just because they play twice could backfire
    very quickly...

I hope I am wrong and you are to be right, though;)

spock. wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

Southampton are awful at the back, don't think they kept a cleansheet in their last 10 or 11 games so goals should be nailed on for Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I just need to decide whether to take a coupleof hits to go heavy on the DGW or play it cool with just one FT.

I currently have PVA and Cresswell. With Rose looking likely to be out I'd have to play Bellerin against City. I think there's a decent chance a DGW def will outscore Bellerin by at least 2pts and has a ceiling of a good bit more. But it may be wiser just to play Bellerin.

In midfield similarly I can get shot of Alli for a DGW punt like Hazard but it will most likely mean benching Sanchez (or Mahrez) as I have Payet and Andros who I'll definitely play.

Up front with Alli and now Dembele out I'm pretty certain I'll shift Kane for probably Carroll. I don't think Kane is entirely a busted flush and they need another win to stay ahead of Arsenal, but i can't see any big scoring matches.

So effectively after that its Sanchez and Bellerin vs Hazard and Kone -8?

Probably not when I put it like that.

With Aston Villa next I would keep Sanchez :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    Any suggestions?

Kompany crocked.
    Definitely going with Sanchez now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement