Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Andy Carroll DGW 37 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    I just need to decide whether to take a coupleof hits to go heavy on the DGW or play it cool with just one FT.

I currently have PVA and Cresswell. With Rose looking likely to be out I'd have to play Bellerin against City. I think there's a decent chance a DGW def will outscore Bellerin by at least 2pts and has a ceiling of a good bit more. But it may be wiser just to play Bellerin.

In midfield similarly I can get shot of Alli for a DGW punt like Hazard but it will most likely mean benching Sanchez (or Mahrez) as I have Payet and Andros who I'll definitely play.

Up front with Alli and now Dembele out I'm pretty certain I'll shift Kane for probably Carroll. I don't think Kane is entirely a busted flush and they need another win to stay ahead of Arsenal, but i can't see any big scoring matches.

So effectively after that its Sanchez and Bellerin vs Hazard and Kone -8?

Probably not when I put it like that.

This is it everyone's circumstances are different. With a strong front 8 and no BB you can probably afford to hold alli. I'm on a -4 but will probably go to -12 after the European games and fridays press conferences. Kane to carroll and ake or Morgan to smalling is what I'm looking at. Or a further -4 of ake to moreno or reid. How many dgw players do you have I definetly wouldn't do a move that means you bench sanchez kompany just gone off injured there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

9 DGW players, plus Aguero and Sanchez. Happy enough with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ha. I am contemplating the treble up too after Roses injury. Was nearly afraid to suggest it on here!! :)

I could go Watford either but I just don't fancy them for clean sheets.

Would highly recommend to avoid Watford. Could easily finish the season with three losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

9 DGW players, plus Aguero and Sanchez. Happy enough with that!

Sounds good!

Many hits or wild card?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Would highly recommend to avoid Watford. Could easily finish the season with three losses.

I have ake and contemplating selling him ahead of the dgw as I don't think he will play both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm in big trouble for GW 37.

One FT and only four players playing twice. I'm excluding Darmian and Oxford as they probably won't get a game. I've 2.0 in the bank. Please, suggestions welcome! Reading here that people have 9,10,11 players playing twice REALLY scares me.

Gw37dilemna.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This is it everyone's circumstances are different. With a strong front 8 and no BB you can probably afford to hold alli. I'm on a -4 but will probably go to -12 after the European games and fridays press conferences. Kane to carroll and ake or Morgan to smalling is what I'm looking at. Or a further -4 of ake to moreno or reid. How many dgw players do you have I definetly wouldn't do a move that means you bench sanchez kompany just gone off injured there.

Strong front 8 but currently no bench.

If I did Kane to Carroll I'd have 6 DGW players and no subs.

Mannone
    Bellerin, Cresswell, PVA
    Sanchez, Mahrez, Andros, Payet
    Aguero, Sturridge, Carroll.

Robles, Sahko, Alli, Rose.

It probably makes sense to go -4 for another DGW defender and put Bellerin first sub. It would mean ignoring the gathering Chelsea/Hazard bandwagon.

Given I'd have over 4m in the bank I could go for Smalling in for Sahko rather than the treble Sunderland. Rose might be back by 38.

I could then do Carroll to Welbeck or Giroud for 38 maybe.

What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

SantryRed wrote: »

Would you avoid Deeney so? Maybe his double against Villa is clouding people's judgement, including my own.

Strong front 8 but currently no bench.

If I did Kane to Carroll I'd have 6 DGW players and no subs.

Mannone
    Bellerin, Cresswell, PVA
    Sanchez, Mahrez, Andros, Payet
    Aguero, Sturridge, Carroll.

Robles, Sahko, Alli, Rose.

It probably makes sense to go -4 for another DGW defender and put Bellerin first sub. It would mean ignoring the gathering Chelsea/Hazard bandwagon.

Given I'd have over 4m in the bank I could go for Smalling in for Sahko rather than the treble Sunderland. Rose might be back by 38.

I could then do Carroll to Welbeck or Giroud for 38 maybe.

What do you think?

That's a strong eleven I would take a -4 for smalling and bench bellerin you get smalling at home to bournemouth in 38 aswell. Who you going to captain.

• Advertisement

Would you avoid Deeney so? Maybe his double against Villa is clouding people's judgement, including my own.

Two goals in the last minute after villa had gone down to 10 men. Bringing Deeney in last week made sense but it was very close to ending in a very different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm in big trouble for GW 37.

One FT and only four players playing twice. I'm excluding Darmian and Oxford as they probably won't get a game. I've 2.0 in the bank. Please, suggestions welcome! Reading here that people have 9,10,11 players playing twice REALLY scares me.

I doubt most of us without BB are going for more than 7 or 8 DGWers. I would do KDB to your mid of choice and then take Iwobi out for a hit for another DGWer (West Ham mid). I'd also play Simpson over Kos or Darmian

That's a strong eleven I would take a -4 for smalling and bench bellerin you get smalling at home to bournemouth in 38 aswell. Who you going to captain.

I have no idea! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I doubt most of us without BB are going for more than 7 or 8 DGWers. I would do KDB to your mid of choice and then take Iwobi out for a hit for another DGWer (West Ham mid). I'd also play Simpson over Kos or Darmian

KDB was definitely the first out of my team. I'm not sure about another West ham player having already got Payet. Good point, Simpson goes ahead of other two so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I brought him in last week for a punt and it worked out, but I'd be picking Carroll over him if I had to choose for this week.

I think I'm gonna hold him until the season's end but I can't emphasise just how poorly we've been playing. I definitely don't see a clean sheet anyways.

I'm thinking of taking a -4 to move Deeney on for Carroll. Gonna mull it over until Saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Two goals in the last minute after villa had gone down to 10 men. Bringing Deeney in last week made sense but it was very close to ending in a very different way.

I brought him in for the Villa game and he saved my gameweek, if Liverpool get through tomorrow night, I may keep him, if not, I'll get rid of him for Carroll.

• Advertisement

I'll wait until I know the Liverpool result before I decide on selling Deeney or buying Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Starting to reconsider my transfer of Fabregas to Hazard, not worth the - 4 the more i look at it.

Striker to Carroll
    Sakho to Smalling

These are two moves I'm likely to make giving me 8 dgw players plus Sanchez, Aguero and Townsend with Mane first sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ten. TEN!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

wonski wrote: »
    Sounds good!

Many hits or wild card?

-4 last week and this. Suffered a bit last week but hoping to make up for it this week!
    Robles or Mig
    PVA, Smalling, Cressweel
    Sanchez, payet(TC), hazard, coutinho
    Martial, aguero, Carroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

-12 Alli, Mahrez, Wolly and Alder OUT; Spacecraft, Barkley, PVA and Smalling IN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

DDG or Darlow ?

Started DDG last week and left 15 points on the bench.

DDG or Darlow ?

Started DDG last week and left 15 points on the bench.

Ddg 100 %

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

As insipid as City apparently were, I think it would be madness to sell Aguero with City in real danger of not finishing in the top 4. If Sturridge was guaranteed to play both games of the double he's the only swap I'd consider, but that is very much not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Nearly all set to take a hit for Carroll & Payet in for Kane & Iwobi.

Tempted to go for a -8 for the hell of it but it would mean dumping one of Sturridge or Aguero for Defoe or Deeney which just seems to risky imho.

As it is, I think i'll play a 3-5-2 with Sanchez playing and Aguero on the bench - City looked flat last night, surely Arsenal have one big performance left in them this season right :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Alderweireld and Kane out for Cresswell and Carroll -4. Going all in for the Hammers DGW. Hoping that the final 2 home games at Upton Park will inspire them.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Aguero or Carroll?

also Defoe or Kane?

lougal88 wrote: »
    Aguero or Carroll?

also Defoe or Kane?

I think that's the conundrum that everyone is facing this week.

Tough call either way :confused:

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Aguero or Carroll?

also Defoe or Kane?

I think that's the conundrum that everyone is facing this week.

Tough call either way :confused:
    Great advice! :D

Yeah it's a tough one, Aguero home to Arsenal to outscore Carroll with 2 home games.
    I think I'll go for big Andy.

Worried about Defoe being rotated with Borini. Might stick with Kane.

Great advice! :D

Yeah it's a tough one, Aguero home to Arsenal to outscore Carroll with 2 home games.
    I think I'll go for big Andy.

Worried about Defoe being rotated with Borini. Might stick with Kane.

Well it's not an exact science either way :D

Carroll could do big damage across both games I reckon....as long as he doesn't get sent off, injured or have a complete collapse of confidence.

I wouldn't be so confident about Defoe - not worth bringing in for a hit imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So is it worth dropping Kane for a 4 point hit and getting in Costa/Carroll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »

Kane will be gunning for golden boot, I can't see that it will be worth it all personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

For free possibly but not for a hit.

I think it's only worth it if you need to free up money for another transfer.

would

I think it's only worth it if you need to free up money for another transfer.
    Would you keep Kane or Aguero if it came down to it?

would

Would you keep Kane or Aguero if it came down to it?

I honestly think that is a 50 50 call. Potentially you could sell aguero harder fixture this week and hope that ihenacho looks like starting the Swansea game and maybe get him in for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Ok guys, I FT and 11m itb. BBing this GW. Will be out for the Liverpool game tonight. Please give me your thoughts on up to 3 transfers in order of preference with the following.....
    Manone Gomes
    Smalling Cresswell PVA Kocsielny R. Bennett
    Sanchez Payet Willian Firmino Juarado
    Deeney Defoe Lukaku

Eltel
    Deeney to Carroll
    Bennett to valencia
    Juarado to Chelsea mid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

ElTel wrote:
    Ok guys, I FT and 11m itb. BBing this GW. Will be out for the Liverpool game tonight. Please give me your thoughts on up to 3 transfers in order of preference with the following.....
    Manone Gomes
    Smalling Cresswell PVA Kocsielny R. Bennett
    Sanchez Payet Willian Firmino Juarado
    Deeney Defoe Lukaku

Jurado --> Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

I know the Kane/Aguero question has been asked, but just to put a different slant on it.

Carroll is definitely coming in for one of the two boyos, but selling Aguero gives me the option of Hazard, whilst selling Kane means its either Fabregas or Willian (selling Alli in both cases).

Or, given that I'm chasing, do I go 'all in' and dump both for Carroll and Costa??:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Benimar wrote: »
    I know the Kane/Aguero question has been asked, but just to put a different slant on it.

Carroll is definitely coming in for one of the two boyos, but selling Aguero gives me the option of Hazard, whilst selling Kane means its either Fabregas or Willian (selling Alli in both cases).

Or, given that I'm chasing, do I go 'all in' and dump both for Carroll and Costa??:eek:

I was in exactly the same boat. Got rid of Aguero in the end, figured Hazard was a better option.

Neil Taylor, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Alberto Paloschi and Jefferson Montero will all be missing from the squad this weekend due to injury. #Swans

Guidolin confirms he will rest his skipper: "Ash will not play again this season. He has played a lot of games and needs a break." #Swans

All aboard the Big Andy express.....

Also keep Aguero for 38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Neil Taylor, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Alberto Paloschi and Jefferson Montero will all be missing from the squad this weekend due to injury. #Swans

Guidolin confirms he will rest his skipper: "Ash will not play again this season. He has played a lot of games and needs a break." #Swans

Also keep Aguero for 38.

I think I made an error by bringing Defoe instead of Carroll. I do have Payet and Antonio, so hopefully will survive.

My opponent on the other hand has to get rid of Alli, Huth, Siggurdson and Williams :)

Sticked with Aguero, so don't feel too bad now.

Thanks for the heads up :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

-20 at the moment

GODSPEED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Texas Jack wrote: »
    -20 at the moment

GODSPEED

Madness before tomorrow's pressers. And I'm one who loves multiple hits.

Also keep Aguero for 38.

That changes things another -8 incoming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Van Gaal spoke exclusively to MUTV before the press conference and revealed that he may rotate the team in order to deal with squad tiredness and Fellaini's suspension. He said: "We have to oversee also the tiredness of the players because there’s an overload of matches, so maybe I have to rotate also, but now Fellaini is suspended so I have to change my line-up. Every week you have something that you don’t like, but I think we can manage."

Would avoid the likes of Valencia or Rojo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Van Gaal spoke exclusively to MUTV before the press conference and revealed that he may rotate the team in order to deal with squad tiredness and Fellaini's suspension. He said: "We have to oversee also the tiredness of the players because there’s an overload of matches, so maybe I have to rotate also, but now Fellaini is suspended so I have to change my line-up. Every week you have something that you don’t like, but I think we can manage."

Would avoid the likes of Valencia or Rojo

To me, the safest player now is probably Rooney, but safe does not translate to value. Who else is assured a spot? Romero may get last game if the CL dream is dead by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

CSF wrote: »
    To me, the safest player now is probably Rooney, but safe does not translate to value. Who else is assured a spot? Romero may get last game if the CL dream is dead by then.

I honestly think the likes of Rooney, Martial, Lingard and Rashford are pretty safe enough. Utd have zero forward options. They'll all play 100 minutes at least IMO.

Also, they've still a big chance of a Champions League spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Why is there no love for Fabregas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Wish I could get in big Andy...but I just don't see myself dropping any of Aguero/Martial and Kane. Have Payet and Cresswell for West Ham coverage tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement