Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Andy Carroll DGW 37 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

SlickRic wrote: »
    I honestly think the likes of Rooney, Martial, Lingard and Rashford are pretty safe enough. Utd have zero forward options. They'll all play 100 minutes at least IMO.

Also, they've still a big chance of a Champions League spot.

Depay and Mata probably play a game. The big worry is that West Ham do them on their last game at the Boleyn Ground and United can go into their last game with nothing to play for and you see a big shake up then in preparation for the FA Cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    To me, the safest player now is probably Rooney, but safe does not translate to value. Who else is assured a spot? Romero may get last game if the CL dream is dead by then.

Smalling safe do you think?

Rooney is on my 'GW38 punt' shortlist.

FHFC wrote: »
    Smalling safe do you think?

Rooney is on my 'GW38 punt' shortlist.

If United aren't in contention for a top 4 spot on GW38, I think he doesn't play. I'd assume Smalling is nailed on for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Sold Aguero for Andy. Knowing how this season has gone Aguero will probably get 5 goals at the weekend now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Depay and Mata probably play a game. The big worry is that West Ham do them on their last game at the Boleyn Ground and United can go into their last game with nothing to play for and you see a big shake up then in preparation for the FA Cup final.

I'm a bit biased as I brought Rashford in for a differential. I just assume he is the only striker LVG really wants up top right now with Rooney predominantly in midfield at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Currently leading my league by 78 points but worried about a rival who hasn't used TC yet what would people think of chopping aguero to big andy and firmino to hazard and field this team or do I have any better moves

[IMG][/img]Ad4Fafw.png

I'm a bit biased as I brought Rashford in for a differential. I just assume he is the only striker LVG really wants up top right now with Rooney predominantly in midfield at the moment.

The reason I'm keeping an eye on Rooney for 38 is I think he might get a run up top vs Bournemouth, if as CSF suggests they rotate.heavily ahead of the cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Neil Taylor, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Alberto Paloschi and Jefferson Montero will all be missing from the squad this weekend due to injury. #Swans

Guidolin confirms he will rest his skipper: "Ash will not play again this season. He has played a lot of games and needs a break." #Swans

All aboard the Big Andy express.....

Also keep Aguero for 38.
    Ok
    This solidifies plans
    May just ignore hazard at this stage and settle on a -4

The reason I'm keeping an eye on Rooney for 38 is I think he might get a run up top vs Bournemouth, if as CSF suggests they rotate.heavily ahead of the cup final.

My worry is that I'd not be too inclined to make transfers in 37 where the dynamic may totally change for 38

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Chasing a lead, mulling over Big Andy and Defoe in for Kane and Aguero.

I'll take, "things I thought I'd never say" for $500, Alex!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Officer999

Is it mad to consider benching Sanchez this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Nah, they're pretty sh*te!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Currently leading my league by 78 points but worried about a rival who hasn't used TC yet what would people think of chopping aguero to big andy and firmino to hazard and field this team or do I have any better moves

[IMG][/img]Ad4Fafw.png

Maybe use one transfer on your defence, could bring in Smalling/Cresswell or PVA. All have doubles and all should start both games

My worry is that I'd not be too inclined to make transfers in 37 where the dynamic may totally change for 38

Yeah I'd not go near him this week. Am debating whether Sahko to Smalling is worth it this week when I can just play Bellerin. The fact I'd have no cover on my bench making seem more worthwhile.

If I didn't make the second transfer I'd probably go for 2 punts for 34.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ElTel wrote:
    Ok guys, I FT and 11m itb. BBing this GW. Will be out for the Liverpool game tonight. Please give me your thoughts on up to 3 transfers in order of preference with the following..... Manone Gomes Smalling Cresswell PVA Kocsielny R. Bennett Sanchez Payet Willian Firmino Juarado Deeney Defoe Lukaku

Lukaku out for Carroll

I think the win and the 2 goals for Deeney last weekend will help Watford finish strong after several poor weeks, I would be in ant rush to get rid of him especially when he's on penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Csf has edged me away from utd defenders as he is right things may look totally different come gw38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

City getting knocked out last night has led me to rethink GW37 plans.

Hmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't think I'll be making as many transfers as I had planned now. Midfield of Payet, Sanchez, Mahrez and Townsend...don't see many better options this week despite 3 of them only having the one fixture. Have Milner too but will likely bench him and then sell for Mane/Tadic next week. Might get Carroll and will mull over Smalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can't see myself keeping Sturridge if he plays 90mins tonight.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Can't see myself keeping Sturridge if he plays 90mins tonight.

Or 120...

I'd be tempted by Benteke if he was guaranteed to start both games, can't do any worse than some of the other lads I've brought in recently

Or 120...

Can't see 120 now and I think the Pool strikers will play 1 game each, rendering both too risky for a dgw imo.

Liverpool players will be a write off for GW38, 3 days before the Europa league final right?

Can't see 120 now and I think the Pool strikers will play 1 game each, rendering both too risky for a dgw imo.

Yah. But worth a hit to get rid? Sturridge in one game and 30 mins if another not to be sneezed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

So... Coutinho hey. Anyone wanna take a guess as to how much he'll play in the DGW? It's between him and Lanzini to play. I don't terribly fancy playing 3 West Ham players though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Should I drop either of Sanchez or Mahrez for Coutinho given his game time doubts?

Yah. But worth a hit to get rid? Sturridge in one game and 30 mins if another not to be sneezed at?

Yeah but trying to fit Andy in so I'm trying to find a solution. Keeps coming back to Kane going everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

bantee wrote: »
    Should I drop either of Sanchez or Mahrez for Coutinho given his game time doubts?

I wouldn't. Sanchez playing City without Kompany, they tend to leak goals without him, and Mahrez playing the last home game of the season will want to go out on a high(if it can get much higher :p) Plus Klopp seems to hate playing Coutinho in the league as of late so you wouldn't know what you'll get from him!

Yeah but trying to fit Andy in so I'm trying to find a solution. Keeps coming back to Kane going everytime.

Thats what I'm kinda saying. I'm looking at Kane out too. Dembele and Alli out is significant for him.

And my formula is:
    Sturridge x1.3games > (Kane - (Dembele + Alli))×1game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Thats what I'm kinda saying. I'm looking at Kane out too. Dembele and Alli out is significant for him.

And my formula is:

The worry is that with little to play for in the league it will be

Sturridge x 0.67 games < (Kane - (Dembele + Alli))×1game

• Advertisement

And my formula is:

If Pool wallop Watford Sturridge may not even play anything. Still a risk that has to be taken really.

My midfield is in a shambles, Milner will need to go, KDB doesn't look fit, Ozil has zero form. I'll definitley have to get rid of Milner, could go punty and go with Noble. I'm very tempted with Benteke now, if he starts against Watford, could easily get a brace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Van Gaal spoke exclusively to MUTV before the press conference and revealed that he may rotate the team in order to deal with squad tiredness and Fellaini's suspension.

Would avoid the likes of Valencia or Rojo

Rojo maybe, can't see Valencia being rotated, he's only back in first team 3 weeks.
    Hard to know with Darmian, only played one of last 3 games, but it was a barnstormer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Mignolet Darlow

Fosu Bellerin Gabriel Moreno Ogbonna

MAhrez Townsend Sanchez Payet Milner

Aguero Pelle KAne.

1 FT. Pelle will go for sure. Currently 95th overall. Open to opinions on how I should approach the last 2 gameweeks. Liverpool going through probably not great for me. All chips used.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's funny because most of my double gameweek players probably won't play more than one game :)

lougal88 wrote: »
    The worry is that with little to play for in the league it will be

Sturridge x 0.67 games < (Kane - (Dembele + Alli))×1game

Yeah it's a tough call really. Selling Sturridge and keeping Kane probably the logical move.

Would leave me with just 5 dgw players and feeling a bit naked though.

Sturridge to Carroll and Kane to Costa/Benteke for -4 could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's funny because most of my double gameweek players probably won't play more than one game :)

Apart from the 3 Sunderland defenders ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Going to hold onto Ighalo and Deeney now after that Liverpool result.

Who are your DGWers?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Who are your DGWers?

Touch wood that PVA and Payet are safe.

Robles, Coutinho, Rashford, Studge, Khazri.

Oh and Sakho :pac:

Probably as sketchy as most but I haven't complained in a few days.

• Advertisement

Touch wood that PVA and Payet are safe.

Robles, Coutinho, Rashford, Studge, Khazri.

Oh and Sakho :pac:

Probably as sketchy as most but I haven't complained in a few days.

Ah I have PvA, Payet, Cout, and Robles. PvA and Payet should be fine. I'll play Robles because feck it. Also have Defoe and will have Carroll and Hazard. Coutinho is getting the chop. He's got me about 2 points since I took a -4 for him. (The arse.) :cool:

Edited: I also have Smalling. I keep forgetting I own him.

spock. wrote: »
    Going to hold onto Ighalo and Deeney now after that Liverpool result.

I'm still unsure about Deeney, of my 3 strikers I know he'll start both but I don't see Liverpool playing very weakened teams for both, he may rest 2/3 for one game and 2/3 for the other game so they should still be reasonably strong

I really want to sign Benteke :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ROBLES
    PVA, Simpson, Ward
    PAYET, Mahrez, Sanchez, kdb,
    STURRIDGE, CARROLL, MARTIAL
    Cech, Evans, Gabriel, Alli

6 DGW players. 8.1 million in the bank now. Anyone see a transfer worth a -4? I'm considering Evans to Cresswell and bench Simpson or a midfielder (perhaps Mahrez) to Hazard. Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lemlin wrote: »
    ROBLES
    PVA, Simpson, Ward
    PAYET, Mahrez, Sanchez, kdb,
    STURRIDGE, CARROLL, MARTIAL
    Cech, Evans, Gabriel, Alli

6 DGW players. 8.1 million in the bank now. Anyone see a transfer worth a -4? I'm considering Evans to Cresswell and bench Simpson or a midfielder (perhaps Mahrez) to Hazard. Opinions?

Is DeBruyne nailed to start now? I guess if you go without Aguero you want to keep him anyway?

United or West Ham defender could be a good shout.

Raged to see so many players on the cusp of a rise/drop. I want team news before I make these decisions!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Dubstar07

Hi all, looking to make up 30 pts in my only money league. Any suggestions appreciated.

Mannone (Robles)
    Bellerin Gabriel Simpson (Evans Fosu)
    Mahrez Sanchez Payet Lanzini (Alli)
    Kane Kun Studge

0.6 itb looking at Alli to Fab/Spacecraft/Firmino & Studge to Carroll. Ignoring defence as not willing to take anymore than 2 hits max.

Given the shambles that the last two dgw's were I'm not going to get as many dgw'ers as possible, as wc burnt in gw 33!

Thanks, Dub

Head first into the deep end with a - 8, 7dgw players with Bellrin benched. Total punt on Valencia for Utd.

Now have a30pt lead in my cash league, fingers crossed it doesn't go all Pete Tong on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That Liverpool result will mean carnage for GW38.

I imagine the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho and Firmino will play at least 110 minutes of the DGW though.

Have to keep the team ticking over, then rest them before Wednesday week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Dubstar07 wrote: »
    Hi all, looking to make up 30 pts in my only money league. Any suggestions appreciated.

Mannone (Robles)
    Bellerin Gabriel Simpson (Evans Fosu)
    Mahrez Sanchez Payet Lanzini (Alli)
    Kane Kun Studge

0.6 itb looking at Alli to Fab/Spacecraft/Firmino & Studge to Carroll. Ignoring defence as not willing to take anymore than 2 hits max.

Given the shambles that the last two dgw's were I'm not going to get as many dgw'ers as possible, as wc burnt in gw 33!

Thanks, Dub

Hazzy in for Alli and Carroll in for Aguero? ...And since you're behind Defoe possibly in for Kane but not as sold on that one so maybe Sturridge.

Kane has no Dembele or Alli but stil want to nail second... But if you're behind it might be time for that risk.

Can't decide on Kane/Sturridge myself atm

• Advertisement

That Liverpool result will mean carnage for GW38.

I imagine the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho and Firmino will play at least 110 minutes of the DGW though.

Have to keep the team ticking over, then rest them before Wednesday week.

Unfortunately the majority of those 110 will be the wrong ones I imagine :(

Advertisement