Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Andy Carroll DGW 37 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That Ojo lad looked decent when I've watched him play.... Honestly have no idea where I'm going with my transfer this week.

I'll wait until I know the Liverpool result before I decide on selling Deeney or buying Hazard.

This is easy now.

Keep Deeney. Buy Hazard. Sell Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

8Og7u8a.png

Aguero > Carroll

Alli > Hazzy

1 point seperates me in the mini league from second so it's mission critical to nail this double week. Triple captain available too.

Rival has Kane, Defoe and Sturridge.

Getting Defoe would match the strikers but I think Carroll could boss it!

Reckon just stick to Hazzy and Carroll and hope for the best or go a bit extra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Raged to see so many players on the cusp of a rise/drop. I want team news before I make these decisions!!!

Will be waiting to see what Klopp says before doing anything. Have loads.left in the bank for nearly any permutation. I think. Except getting Hazard which I'm pretty sure I'm not doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

After the result tonight, Liverpool players are a must miss. Especially since Klopp was the biggest troll the last double gameweek (and this one is closer to both the match just played and the final).

Playing a wildcard, so have the option to go for 11 DGWers. Am going to go for 10 + spacecraft express.
    Can see Townsend running riot against Aston Villa plus they play spurs the last game of the season - and you always pick a player playing against his old club. He could be the player to keep Newcastle in the premier league. :) (have avoided him since now as one of the golden rules is to never pick a player from a team you support - you don't know if it is bias or pure genius).

Thanks to the advice i received earlier on this thread (to drop noble for carroll) I am swapping
    Noble -> Townsend
    Kane -> Carroll
    Firminio -> Sanchez

Am 50 points behind 1st in the money league and 20 points ahead of second.
    1st and 2nd place pay out so I will at least try to cement 2nd (the main goal). 50 seems a bit surmountable. Though he currently has only 5/6 DGWers but has TC. And I have 10 DGWers and last chip was the wildcard. :confused:

Edit: Firminio to Sanchez may seem odd but it is for the following gameweek when Arsenal play Villa. Sanchez will be first sub going into this gameweek. Doing the transfer now leaves me with a single transfer for the following gameweek should I need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have Moreno, Coutinho and Sturridge

Feels wrong ditching a double game week, but any of them out for West Ham equivalent might be a runner when looking at the context of GW38 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

After battling back from the brink of humiliation I have managed to come within 8 pints of the top of my ML. A bit of advice needed as to where to go next. Team 1 and Team 2 below are 8 and 7 points ahead of me so it’s really tight (Team 2 was in the top couple of hundred OR for quite a while so delighted I have caught him!)

Thinking I’d like Carroll (would have to drop Kane as other 2 have Aguero as well). Smalling is an option / Townsend (where did Spacecraft come from?!?) or Fab/Haz. I think the others will have to take hits so am open to a -4 or -8 depending!

Team 1

Mig-McCarthy
    Alderweireld-Bellerin-Huth-Prodl-Targett
    Sanch-Mahrez-Payet-Firminio-Iwobi
    Rash-Deeney-Aguero

Team 2

Gomes – Cech
    Bellerin-Huth-Fuchs-Clichy-Coleman
    Ozil-Blind-Lallana-Firminio-King
    Martial-Carroll-Aguero

My team:

Mig-Darlow
    Rose-Gadriel-Bellerin-PVA-Fuchs
    Sanch-Mahrez-Payet(TC?!)-Milner-Lingard
    Kane-Defoe-Aguero

2.7M ITB 1 FT

Thinking I’d like Carroll (would have to drop Kane as other 2 have Aguero as well). Smalling is an option / Townsend (where did Spacecraft come from?!?) or Fab/Haz. I think the others will have to take hits so am open to a -4 or -8 depending!

Also have TC and AOA chips left (prob like to play on WH player this week with the Swansea team news and their last game in the Boylen).

What ye think???

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

If Liverpool win the Europa League and get Champions League football next year, does that mean the team which comes in 4th place misses out on the Champions League next year?

If so, in the words of good 'ol JR, it'll make the City v Arsenal match "a good, old fashioned slobberknocker!" and may make me dump Kane rather than Kun

No, 5 teams will qualify (league up to 4th and Liverpool).
    If City and Liverpool had won then only top 3 of the league were guaranteed qualification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dahat wrote: »
    Head first into the deep end with a - 8, 7dgw players with Bellrin benched. Total punt on Valencia for Utd.

Now have a30pt lead in my cash league, fingers crossed it doesn't go all Pete Tong on me.

Instant regret... Nervy few days ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Pete Moss wrote: »
    If Liverpool win the Europa League and get Champions League football next year, does that mean the team which comes in 4th place misses out on the Champions League next year?

If so, in the words of good 'ol JR, it'll make the City v Arsenal match "a good, old fashioned slobberknocker!" and may make me dump Kane rather than Kun

No, that would only happened if City had also won the CL and finished outside the top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Right lads need advice after that pool result as I couldn't make up my mind at the start of the week what too do. The first pic below is my team. The second is my main rivals. He's 20poi Ts ahead in first place. He has 1ft as do I. I have only TC left he has no chips.Earlyier in the week I was looking at getting
    Carroll
    Costa/martial
    Hazard in and off loading
    Coutinho
    Aguero
    Kane now I'm not too sure what's the best moves. Stupid Liverpool winning has me in a tough spot. I know I want Carroll 100% but not sure who too move on for him.
    I don't think coutinho will start both games so I have too move him on. Am I mad trying too squeeze 2 Chelsea in for a hit? Should I just Carroll and hazard in? Opinions much appreciated lads, don't wana make a balls of things this close too the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have Lovern, Sturridge & Firminio :eek::pac:

Firminio was sensational last night - involved in all 3 goals and unlucky not to score......can't see him playing both games but surely Klopp isn't going to throw the remaining league games (?)

Sturridge was as good as i've seen him as well :(

I would say Can is the only player that should be wrapped up in bubble wrap from now until the Europa Final but gaaawd knows what Klopp is gonna do.

Haven't a clue what to do now with my team....will be spending a lot of time staring at my phone tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I'm not really sure what to do with my team. My front 8 are:

Mahrez Payet Sanchez Townsend Coutinho
    Aguero Kane Martial

Have no idea which player to rest out of those, tempted to rest Aguero but that just doesn't sit well! Could also bring in Carroll for Aguero and rest Sanchez!

Could use my FT bringing in Reid for Gabriel and then starting Reid ahead of Bellerin which looks the best option.

Anyone have any idea what I should do? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman78 wrote: »

Firminio was sensational last night - involved in all 3 goals and unlucky not to score......can't see him playing both games but surely Klopp isn't going to throw the remaining league games (?)

I would say Can is the only player that should be wrapped up in bubble wrap from now until the Europa Final but gaaawd knows what Klopp is gonna do.

Haven't a clue what to do now with my team....will be spending a lot of time staring at my phone tonight
    Pool are playing 3 teams who are safe and nothing to play for so he won't be duty bound to play strong team so logically speaking
    Watford this weekend 3 days after Europa - massive rotation (almost entire Europa final team )
    Chelsea midweek - Chelsea just below pool and only team who could catch them. One week before Europa . Players will need to keep ticking over (close to Europa final team)
    West brom away 3 days before final - the u12 team will play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Might just do Kane -> Carroll. Would leave it something like this.

ROBLES (Darlow)
    Simpson FOSU-MENSAH PVA (Bellerin, Gabriel)
    OJO PAYET(TC) Mahrez Sanchez (De Bruyne)
    CARROLL DEFOE Aguero

Couple of dodgy ones in there but think they might come off. Lately my 'do nothing' gambles have paid off more than my transfer hits. Have the cash for Fosu-Mensah -> Smalling so if I do a -4 that'll probably be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Adrian out tomorrow **** OFF
    nailed on clean sheet and rivals have defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

km79 wrote: »

Pool are playing 3 teams who are safe and nothing to play for so he won't be duty bound to play strong team so logically speaking
    Watford this weekend 3 days after Europa - massive rotation (almost entire Europa final team )
    Chelsea midweek - Chelsea just below pool and only team who could catch them. One week before Europa . Players will need to keep ticking over (close to Europa final team)
    Really worried about Liverpool rotation now.

Current forward line of Sturridge Kane Aguero
    Really want to get Carroll in and TC him.

Think I might actually get rid of Sturridge now. :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Is Clyne --> Cresswell worth a hit?

• Advertisement

lougal88 wrote: »
    Really worried about Liverpool rotation now.

Current forward line of Sturridge Kane Aguero
    Really want to get Carroll in and TC him.

Think I might actually get rid of Sturridge now. :'(

Yeah...it's a close call on any one of Sturridge, Kane or Aguero.

Re: Liverpool - i'm assuming/hoping that they will put out a decent team against Chelsea...last home game of the season & need to keep players somewhat fresh...Sturridge willing to make a point against his old team and nail down place for the final...

...ouch...I think I strained a tendon in my shoulder there grasping at straws :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

spock. wrote: »

I think so. I'd be surprised if any of the normal Liverpool starters gets more than 90 mins over the next 3 games.

I am down to my last Pool player now in Firmino and am seriously considering a hit to get rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Main rival (who leads by 30 points) has taken a -8 to give himself 11 DGWers. However, he doesn't have Payet, Carroll, Kane, Mahrez or Lukaku (:eek:) so I have a few 'differentals' on him. A -8 gives me this:

Mannone
    Cresswell*, Dawson, Dann
    Mahrez, Payet, Milner, Hazard*
    Lukaku, Carroll*, Kane

Subs: Robles, Ozil, Bellerin, Gabriel

* players coming in for Sakho, Alli, Aguero.

Is it worth another -4 to replace Dann. I could go Smalling to match his double Man U or punt on someone like Ivanovic in the hope of pulling back the difference??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »

That's exactly what I think will happen. Moreno may play twice this double as smith is suspended.

spock. wrote: »

I think so. Clyne isn't going to play in 38 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That's exactly what I think will happen. Moreno may play twice this double as smith is suspended.

He might, but don't bet against Flanagan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Colking wrote:
    I think so. I'd be surprised if any of the normal Liverpool starters gets more than 90 mins over the next 3 games.

I am down to my last Pool player now in Firmino and am seriously considering a hit to get rid of him.

Yeah think I'm gonna do it with Siggy ruled out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Has everyone ditched Lukaku at this stage?

Aguero/Kane/Lukaku front 3 currently for myself, all good on paper, but Carroll seems to be the one delivering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

To ditch Mahrez or Bolasie for Payet?

I see Bolasie is yellow flagged ?

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Has everyone ditched Lukaku at this stage?

Aguero/Kane/Lukaku front 3 currently for myself, all good on paper, but Carroll seems to be the one delivering.

I've the same front 3 and am hanging tough on lukaku I may sell kane for carroll

Issac wrote: »
    After battling back from the brink of humiliation I have managed to come within 8 pints of the top of my ML. A bit of advice needed as to where to go next. Team 1 and Team 2 below are 8 and 7 points ahead of me so it’s really tight (Team 2 was in the top couple of hundred OR for quite a while so delighted I have caught him!)

Team 1

Mig-McCarthy
    Rash-Deeney-Aguero

Team 2

Gomes – Cech
    Martial-Carroll-Aguero

My team:

Mig-Darlow
    Kane-Defoe-Aguero

2.7M ITB 1 FT

Also have TC and AOA chips left (prob like to play on WH player this week with the Swansea team news and their last game in the Boylen).

What ye think???

Anyone? Tempted by Cresswell as well now....

Klopp: "I've only has a few seconds to think about a line up for Sunday. There will be a few changes for sure but we'll try to win." #LFC

Klopp: "For me the game on Sunday is quite important. It's not allowed to play below our level in two league games in a row." #LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Going to get Caroll in for either Kane or Aguero. Who would you guys dump?

I'll also be getting Hazard in for Coutinho as a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

OUT: Iwobi/Delaney/Kane
    IN: Carroll/Hazard/PVA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Going to get Caroll in for either Kane or Aguero. Who would you guys dump?

I'll also be getting Hazard in for Coutinho as a punt.

Almost identical situation too my self

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

What's the deal with champion's league? If Liverpool win europa do they get 4th spot for England? Does that mean city will be going all out to try for third? If so Aguero will surely be giving it everything against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Is it worth taking a hit to get a DGW defender?

Rojo or PVA maybe?

I have fosu-mensah who won't play, clichy or rose as things stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

What's the deal with champion's league? If Liverpool win europa do they get 4th spot for England? Does that mean city will be going all out to try for third? If so Aguero will surely be giving it everything against Arsenal.

Honestly, it was answered a dozen posts ago.
    England would have 5 spots if Pool win Europa, like Spain had 5 slots in the Champions League this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Team 1

Mig-McCarthy
    Rash-Deeney-Aguero

Team 2

Gomes – Cech
    Martial-Carroll-Aguero

My team:

Mig-Darlow
    Kane-Defoe-Aguero

2.7M ITB 1 FT

What ye think???

You're neck-and-neck effectively, so I'd suggest concentrating on your own team much more than second-guessing the opposition. Carroll is a good option alright, maybe for Kane. Re your chips, I'd say use AOA this week as you can bench the Arsenal defenders (or afford the injured Rose not to play) and play your attackers including Milner who should get more than 90 minutes. Whereas next week, Milner will probably not play and AOA would be wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

I'm now considering a punt on Depay. What the hell has become of me??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Heard a report on radio adrian injured so randolph could be set in goal for hammers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Benimar wrote: »
    Main rival (who leads by 30 points) has taken a -8 to give himself 11 DGWers. However, he doesn't have Payet, Carroll, Kane, Mahrez or Lukaku (:eek:) so I have a few 'differentals' on him. A -8 gives me this:

Mannone
    Cresswell*, Dawson, Dann
    Mahrez, Payet, Milner, Hazard*
    Lukaku, Carroll*, Kane

Subs: Robles, Ozil, Bellerin, Gabriel

* players coming in for Sakho, Alli, Aguero.

Is it worth another -4 to replace Dann. I could go Smalling to match his double Man U or punt on someone like Ivanovic in the hope of pulling back the difference??

I wouldn't touch Ivanovich, workmate got him out of his team on WC this week, his return's have been dismal lately, take a chance on Azpilicuta or PVA instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Invincible wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch Ivanovich, workmate got him out of his team on WC this week, his return's have been dismal lately, take a chance on Azpilicuta or PVA instead.

Rival has PVA, other than that I'd get him in. Might look at Azpi though.

You're neck-and-neck effectively, so I'd suggest concentrating on your own team much more than second-guessing the opposition. Carroll is a good option alright, maybe for Kane. Re your chips, I'd say use AOA this week as you can bench the Arsenal defenders (or afford the injured Rose not to play) and play your attackers including Milner who should get more than 90 minutes. Whereas next week, Milner will probably not play and AOA would be wasted.

I can see your logic with the aoa chip but I think he would be mad not to use TC in the dgw. The upside from a TC is much more than AOA. If rose is injured I'd suggest rose to Cresswell.

For anyone with lingering doubts about Big Andy (from the Guardian):pac::pac:

"Carroll eyes his favourite opponents

The last Saturday afternoon game at Upton Park – try to keep it together – and West Ham United still have hope of qualifying for the Champions League. Unbeaten in the league since losing to Southampton on 6 February, Slaven Bilic’s side are desperately unlucky not to be in the top four already, given the long list of controversial refereeing decisions that went against them between 19 March and 9 April, but they will be guaranteed to finish fifth and so secure a place in the Europa League if they win their final three fixtures. The first of those is against Swansea City and Andy Carroll, who has scored six goals in his past seven matches, must be licking his lips. Carroll scored three goals in two matches against Swansea last season, laid on two assists for Kevin Nolan in a 2-0 win at Upton Park two years ago and headed a late winner past Gerhard Tremmel in 2013."

For anyone with lingering doubts about Big Andy (from the Guardian):pac::pac:

"Carroll eyes his favourite opponents

The last Saturday afternoon game at Upton Park – try to keep it together – and West Ham United still have hope of qualifying for the Champions League. Unbeaten in the league since losing to Southampton on 6 February, Slaven Bilic’s side are desperately unlucky not to be in the top four already, given the long list of controversial refereeing decisions that went against them between 19 March and 9 April, but they will be guaranteed to finish fifth and so secure a place in the Europa League if they win their final three fixtures. The first of those is against Swansea City and Andy Carroll, who has scored six goals in his past seven matches, must be licking his lips. Carroll scored three goals in two matches against Swansea last season, laid on two assists for Kevin Nolan in a 2-0 win at Upton Park two years ago and headed a late winner past Gerhard Tremmel in 2013."
    hhhmmmmm will I captain him or payet
    not confident he will start both though

I can see your logic with the aoa chip but I think he would be mad not to use TC in the dgw. The upside from a TC is much more than AOA. If rose is injured I'd suggest rose to Cresswell.

Thanks! Ya I thinkI'd be better off with the TC than the AOA this week considering it's a DGW. Looks like:

Rose to Cresswell
    Kane to Carroll

and maybe.....Mahrez to a Chelsea mid (Hazard?) bit mad taking out Mahrez this week though I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thanks! Ya I thinkI'd be better off with the TC than the AOA this week considering it's a DGW. Looks like:

Rose to Cresswell
    Kane to Carroll

and maybe.....Mahrez to a Chelsea mid (Hazard?) bit mad taking out Mahrez this week though I think.

There isnt really any stand out for TC this week

Rose to Cresswell
    Kane to Carroll

Rose confirmed fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Carroll in for Aguero
    Could easily do another 3 or 4 transfers but can't afford the points hits this late in,
    Maybe Antonio to Hazard, is it worth a -4?

• Advertisement
Advertisement