Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Andy Carroll DGW 37 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Hennessy Hart
    PVA SMALLING Bellerin Simpson Fuchs
    KHASRI FIRMINO PAYET Iwobi Mahrez
    Kun Kane LUKAKU

I'm thinking of -12 for this team and bench boost active.

Hennesy Hart
    PVA SMALLING CRESSWELL Bellerin Fuchs
    KHASRI PAYET HAZARD FIRMINO Mahrez
    CARROLL COSTA LUKAKU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Klopp:“We don’t have to rest players on Sunday for the [final] 10 days later.It’s about how the game was yesterday”. https://t.co/UZ770QrdaQ

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

naughtb4 wrote: »
    There isnt really any stand out for TC this week

Think Sanchez next week would be better than Carroll / Payet this week for TC?

I think with Rose confirmed fit I am going to play it cool this week and not go hit crazy. Taking no hits will probably be something of a differential this week with -8 and upwards seeming to be commonplace.

1FT Kane to Carroll.

Mannone
    PVA, Cresswell
    , Rose (Bellerin - not sure who to start here, Sahko)
    Mahrez, Spacecraft, Payet, Sanchez (Alli)
    Sturridge, Aguero, Carroll(c).

Only 6 DGW but happy with the SGW players apart from the ROse/Bellerin position, which I just about don't see being worth a hit. Could do Sahko to Smalling for -4.

So the only question is Rose or Bellerin or Smalling (-4)??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Issac wrote: »
    Think Sanchez next week would be better than Carroll / Payet this week for TC?

This has been debated long and hard and the conclusion is that its better to use the TC in a dgw. It mightnt work out that way but its the logical thing to do.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    For anyone with lingering doubts about Big Andy (from the Guardian):pac::pac:

"Carroll eyes his favourite opponents

The last Saturday afternoon game at Upton Park – try to keep it together – and West Ham United still have hope of qualifying for the Champions League. Unbeaten in the league since losing to Southampton on 6 February, Slaven Bilic’s side are desperately unlucky not to be in the top four already, given the long list of controversial refereeing decisions that went against them between 19 March and 9 April, but they will be guaranteed to finish fifth and so secure a place in the Europa League if they win their final three fixtures. The first of those is against Swansea City and Andy Carroll, who has scored six goals in his past seven matches, must be licking his lips. Carroll scored three goals in two matches against Swansea last season, laid on two assists for Kevin Nolan in a 2-0 win at Upton Park two years ago and headed a late winner past Gerhard Tremmel in 2013."

I came onto say I wasnt going to bother with carroll and have no performed a dramatic Uturn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm starting Toby over Bellerin, better chance of a cleanie and gives me more chance of max returns since I have Aguero as well

This has been debated long and hard and the conclusion is that its better to use the TC in a dgw. It mightnt work out that way but its the logical thing to do.

Even Lukaku TC in 33 got more points than Sanchez last week or Kane the week before. DGW every time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Who to bring Carroll in for?

Aguero, Kane or Lukaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Mignolet Darlow

Fosu Bellerin Gabriel Moreno Ogbonna

MAhrez Townsend Sanchez Payet Milner

Aguero Pelle KAne.

1 FT. Pelle will go for sure. Currently 95th overall. Open to opinions on how I should approach the last 2 gameweeks. Liverpool going through probably not great for me. All chips used.

At least a -4 this week and another one next week probably when you know who has something to play for. This goes against your non hit style! Bench Millner this week if you think Mahrez will outscore what he gets against Chelsea. I guess your call is Moreno or FM to a Sunderland defender (Norwich if your feeling punty) as I think Moreno wont play last week.
    To add another consideration, ditching an Arsenal defender frees up an attacking spot for next week. Good luck.

Even Lukaku TC in 33 got more points than Sanchez last week or Kane the week before. DGW every time

It's the only chip I feel should always be used in a DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

can't shake thee feeling that hazard could be the one to own this week
    adrians injury has complicated things though.......I can sign mannone for Adrian, ignore long term target PVA and just play alder, sell iwobi for hazard and Kane for Carroll and bench long for -8

or just be sensible and play Forster , do smith to pva (bench alder) and Kane to Carroll for -4( play long )........
    having no West ham defender is not ideal either

Is Juarado or Firmino a hold for me?
    Watford are away to a weakened Liverpool team before a game away to Norwich. (This was the reason I "punted" on him in WC)
    Behrami and Capoue will not play again this season. Perhaps I'm relying on his Spanish "friendship" with Flores too much over rotation with Anya, Berghuis etc.
    My FT will probably be a replacement for Ryan Bennett who is still flagged for an illness. Or hold and hope! I'm not getting Hazard as I have Willian already and resisting Carroll seems like my best hope of a jump up the OR if my strikers perform.
    Maybe doing nothing and rolling my transfer is the best play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Daniels > Cresswell
    Sturridge > Carroll

Getting off the wild Liverpool ride, fcuk that it brings nothing but pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

ScummyMan wrote: »
    the wild Liverpool ride

I think I've met her

• Advertisement

That's exactly what I think will happen. Moreno may play twice this double as smith is suspended.

Could Clyne play LB in one of the games?

Start this week....
    A: Rose (SOT)
    B: Bellerin (mci)
    C: Smalling -4 (nor, whu)

Given we're loading up on big Andy in anticipation of West Ham scoring loads of goals in their last game at Upton Park is Smalling likely to get more than 1 CS therefore probably a ceiling of 8pts plus Bonus. Can't quite convince myself its worth the hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Question of the day for me. Swap out Kane or Aguero for Carroll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Question of the day for me. Swap out Kane or Aguero for Carroll?

I transferred Kane out for Big Andy. I think Spurs will be going through the motions somewhat in their last few games with the league title lost.

ElTel wrote: »
    Could Clyne could play LB in one of the games?

Clyne played last weekend and moreno got a rest. So my thinking would be if just 1 of them starts against Watford it will be moreno. I reckon they both start against Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So you're all telling me that I need to get Andy Carroll. Who goes from Rashford, Studge and Aguero then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I transferred Kane out for Big Andy. I think Spurs will be going through the motions somewhat in their last few games with the league title lost.

Would they not be all out to make sure the finish ahead of Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

So.. wild card combined with bench boost this week gives me 30 players scoring points. 20 ahead in my money league. have i anything to fear?

pah wrote: »
    So.. wild card combined with bench boost this week gives me 30 players scoring points. 20 ahead in my money league. have i anything to fear?

Just the rules of the game I'm afraid.....

Have a read.

FHFC wrote: »

Have a read.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Spurs need 1 point to nail second I believe so they'll still want to win. Kane stats without Dembele are 3 goals in 9 and this time Alli is missing too. So valid reasons to drop. Sturridge game time is questionable but he's well capable off the bench.

I think it comes down to rivals/mini league decisions this week for your striker transfers.

I dropped Aguero for Carroll this week since I'm neck and neck with my rival and he has Kane Sturridge and Defoe.

I will go into the week with Carroll Sturrige and Kane so it's Carroll vs Defoe and I'd fancy Andy. Not sure if Defoe is worth another -4 (-2 with the double) but we shall see how I feel later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Have a read.

Applause.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Antibac wrote: »
    Would they not be all out to make sure the finish ahead of Arsenal?

Granted there's that but I think they'll be far less motivated with no title to fight for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Have a read.

Awh no that is horrible. Hopefully the guy gets into change his wildcard to suit a GW38 bench boost

Me thinks there will be a lot of people unexpectedly with BB left for last game of season.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Have a read.

FML

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Who to start out of; Simpson (EVE), Bellerin(mci), Walker (SOU) or -4 for cresswell?

CSF wrote: »
    Awh no that is horrible. Hopefully the guy gets into change his wildcard to suit a GW38 bench boost

I know. But the ball just sat up perfectly for me and the keeper was way off his line. Had to knock that one in! ;)

Mannone
    Darmian Clyne Moreno Kone
    Noble Sanchez Payet Mahrez
    Sturridge Carroll

TC on Carroll, 9 dgw players. 24 points behind League Leader, who's using BB this week.

Fingers crossed lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Pelle to Carroll and Fosu-Mensah to van Aanholt for -4. I'm using BB this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Can't decide whether to just play Simpson or sell him for Smalling for a -4. Rival has DDG so I feel like I need United def coverage as a blocker. Could also do Mig to DDG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Can't decide whether to just play Simpson or sell him for Smalling for a -4. Rival has DDG so I feel like I need United def coverage as a blocker. Could also do Mig to DDG.

Huth and Drinkwater out for Leicester and Mig is probably Liverpool's best chance for the double... Smalling in for united cover seems the best option here for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Honestly, it was answered a dozen posts ago.
    England would have 5 spots if Pool win Europa, like Spain had 5 slots in the Champions League this year.

Thanks, I am following the thread but sometimes they are added so quickly I miss something. I was just trying to throw out whether city chasing a champion's league spot would be better than spurs with nothing further to gain than golden boot for Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Two from Payet Carrol and Creswell, any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

-=al=- wrote: »
    Huth and Drinkwater out for Leicester and Mig is probably Liverpool's best chance for the double... Smalling in for united cover seems the best option here for me

Ya seems to be but I really don't fancy United away from home. They could get a hiding at West Ham. Nearly tempted to take a punt on a Norwich defender instead...Russell Martin hasn't scored for a while ;)

Up to -12 now. Carroll and Creswell in for kane and ake. 7 transfer guy has 1 dgw player Gareth Barry but he still has his wildcard I think there is a good chance he doesn't realise he has a wildcard. I'm 6 pts clear of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Who to bench this week... one of:

Aguero
    Sanchez
    Lukaku
    Antonio
    Firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Deeney( cpt),for any1,dodgy pool back 4 and then dodgy norwich

Up to -12 now. Carroll and Creswell in for kane and ake. 7 transfer guy has 1 dgw player Gareth Barry but he still has his wildcard I think there is a good chance he doesn't realise he has a wildcard. I'm 6 pts clear of him.

A Barry goal on Wednesday would just be cruel

COH wrote: »
    Who to bench this week... one of:

Aguero
    Sanchez
    Lukaku
    Antonio
    Firmino

Sanchez reluctantly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

On -4 atm. Is one of Bellerin / Walker / Simpson to Cresswell worth an additional -4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Right lads need advice after that pool result as I couldn't make up my mind at the start of the week what too do. The first pic below is my team. The second is my main rivals. He's 20poi Ts ahead in first place. He has 1ft as do I. I have only TC left he has no chips.Earlyier in the week I was looking at getting
    Carroll
    Costa/martial
    Hazard in and off loading
    Coutinho
    Aguero
    Kane now I'm not too sure what's the best moves. Stupid Liverpool winning has me in a tough spot. I know I want Carroll 100% but not sure who too move on for him.
    I don't think coutinho will start both games so I have too move him on. Am I mad trying too squeeze 2 Chelsea in for a hit? Should I just Carroll and hazard in? Opinions much appreciated lads, don't wana make a balls of things this close too the end
    Any help here lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Already have payet but thinking of doubling up on West Ham mids? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Already have payet but thinking of doubling up on West Ham mids? Thoughts?
    What's your forwards & mid's like? Space for big Andy? The rest of West Ham's mid's aren't worth it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Is there anything to be said for bringing in Noble instead of Big Andy?
    I just can't decide who to drop between Aguero and Kane for Carroll on the other hand I would happily drop both Coutinho and KDB to bring in Hazard and Noble....

• Advertisement
Advertisement