Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocket Damage

Options
  • 30-04-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

I've had a egoT ecig for awhile, I've been using it on and off to get off cigarettes, but now I'm going to go solely on the ecig so I'm looking for recommendations on what are the most robust.

I find the ego breaks in my jeans pocket, battery comes away from housing, glass bit at top comes out of housing etc.

I've seen the istick model, how do they compare to a ego from a vaping point of view and how robust are they? I have a selection of juices built up, do they all work with any ecigz?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If you stick with ego batteries, ALWAYS take your clearo (top that you put liquid in) off of the battery before putting it in jeans/pants pockets to prevent snapping the battery.

The istick is a great little device. I'd get a 30w one. Battery life is much better than on an ego battery, they're solid and they don't snap :)

For clearos, you want to avoid the cheap throwaway ones, they'll burn out on an istick. You could get something called a nautilus mini, which is basically a lot better than normal clearomizers. You just change a coil in it every few weeks.

With your liquids, most should work absolutely fine. Liquids have two ingredients that determine how thick the liquid will be - PG and VG. VG will make the liquid thicker with denser vapour. PG will thin it and give a good throat hit.

If you're used to an ego set up, you're probably using high PG liquid, which will work perfectly in something like the nautilus mini. High VG won't, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're using anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Thanks for the advice, taking it apart would solve the problem, but that's really a Pita, I normally take a couple of hits and put it back in my pocket, so going through the rigmarole every 20-30 minutes would be a pain.

Might pick up the istick, did see them in the local shop, think the 30w was €50.
    Regarding the nautilus mini, would that fit my ego batteries as well?

Just looked at my liquid, can't see PG or VG wrote, using a wingnuts premium liquid atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Senna wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, taking it apart would solve the problem, but that's really a Pita, I normally take a couple of hits and put it back in my pocket, so going through the rigmarole every 20-30 minutes would be a pain.

Might pick up the istick, did see them in the local shop, think the 30w was €50.

Just looked at my liquid, can't see PG or VG wrote, using a wingnuts premium liquid atm.

€50 is a bit expensive for a 30w istick! Where are you based? We can probably recommend good shops :)

The nautilus mini will fit your ego batteries. Basically, your battery will have threading where your normal clearos sit, then inside the "hole" or inner part of the battery, there is more threading. the nautilus mini screws into the "inside" threading.

Wingnuts juice is 60vg/40pg, that'll work fine in a nautilus mini :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I know the 30w is 52 euro in Kix, and they also sell the Aspire E-TS clearo for 9 euro which is a great little clearo for the price. Obviously it won't match the performance of a Nautilus or Subtank but for 9 euro I was very impressed.
    If you spend a little more you could get the VTC Mini for 70 battery included. This is a great little device and goes all the way to 75w so it gives you options for the future. Removable battery is also extremely handy as you can keep a spare and swap them out.
    Or you could have a look online for mods with enclosed tanks like the Kanger Nebox, and I forget the eleaf version, iStick Basic was one I think.
    So it really depends on what you want from vaping. If it's just something that won't break to easily then the VTC mini with a subtank is a good match. The VTC is smaller than the iStick so takes up less room in your pocket, buy a smaller mouthpiece and stick to 1.2ohm coils and you should be vaping happy on most pg based juices.

Thanks for all the help, I'm up in Donegal, so limited with the number of shops I can visit.
    Will look online but think I'll visit a shop to suss them out in person.
    Think I'll try out new tops for my battery's first and then maybe look into the istick and similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thanks for all the help, I'm up in Donegal, so limited with the number of shops I can visit.
    Will look online but think I'll visit a shop to suss them out in person.
    Think I'll try out new tops for my battery's first and then maybe look into the istick and similar.
    I have been using an istick and a Nautilus mini stainless tank for over a year, it's a really durable setup. I would recommend getting a plastic tip instead of the stainless one, it reduces leverage and will break before the thread on the istick.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I have been using an istick and a Nautilus mini stainless tank for over a year, it's a really durable setup. I would recommend getting a plastic tip instead of the stainless one, it reduces leverage and will break before the thread on the istick.

Yeah that's good advice. I'm going to have to rethink my movements and carrying them around, especially if I buy a more expensive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What about an eGo AIO. Pretty good vape and it's all one piece apart from the cap: http://e-smokeireland.com/product/joyetech-aio/

Or this, looks pretty unbreakable: http://e-smokeireland.com/product/joyetech-cuboid-mini-kit/

EGriff wrote: »
    What about an eGo AIO. Pretty good vape and it's all one piece apart from the cap: http://e-smokeireland.com/product/joyetech-aio/

Or this, looks pretty unbreakable: http://e-smokeireland.com/product/joyetech-cuboid-mini-kit/

They look just like what I'm after. Do you think would most shops carry those? Would like to see them in person before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

There's also the Joyetech eGrip which is a great battery and tank in one. I have one and use it where I need something robust like when working in the garden or training. No leaks and great flavour. You can get them in www.e-shop.ie for 55 quid for the led screen version.

There's also the Aspire Plato which is supposed to be very good,but is about 80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

have you thought about using a carry pouch either around the neck or belt clip type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

kikidelvin wrote: »
    have you thought about using a carry pouch either around the neck or belt clip type.

Magazine pouches are the perfect size for holding most box mods ;) and are available in every style under the sun ;)

SHR_Mag_Glock.JPG
    BR_Double_01__20710.1417811263.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Advertisement