Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springtails

Options
  • 30-04-2016 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,
    I found some very small bugs in my bedroom the past few months. They are not fleas or bed bugs. I put one in a jar today and google imaged it. It seems to be a springtail.

I am getting the occasional bite and want rid of them. I stripped my bed, hoovered both sides of the mattress and sprinkled camphor and lavender oil on it.

Then one turned up on the wall the other day and then this morning on my pillow. I hoover regularly.

I'm on the 2nd floor of a 2 story over basement house so with the info I read today it's odd that I have them. There is no moisture source in my bedroom either. I read they usually go for that.

Any suggestions on getting rid of them? New mattress time? Or will they just end up on that too? I'm averse to heavy duty chemicals and hear they are almost immune to them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭robodonkey

Did you ever get rid of the springtails? How? We have them in the house, very few, but want rid of them asap!!

Advertisement