Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible service from Eir

Options
  • 30-04-2016 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Since before Christmas my line has been terrible. It started in the stormy period in December. I have been on to eir countless times. There have been technicians out at least 3 times. I've been promised more but no idea if they were out or did anything.

I have been getting 0.8-1.5Mb/s download speed almost constantly since December but had been getting 5.5-6Mb/s. There was meant to be someone out last Friday or Monday but I never got a call or text from anyone to say they were although service was temporarily up at almost 5.5Mb/s so it's possible they were. It's now back at 0.87Mb/s and useless to my needs.

This is completely unacceptable as I am still paying full price. What are my rights in relation to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear this. I can understand your frustration completely. I would recommend for the best support on this to contact the technical support team & they would be able to troubleshoot these issues further & query the date for a technician call out, You can contact them directly on 1890260260, freephone 1901 opt 3 opt 2. - Stacey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

hogandrew wrote: »
    Since before Christmas my line has been terrible. It started in the stormy period in December. I have been on to eir countless times. There have been technicians out at least 3 times. I've been promised more but no idea if they were out or did anything.

I have been getting 0.8-1.5Mb/s download speed almost constantly since December but had been getting 5.5-6Mb/s. There was meant to be someone out last Friday or Monday but I never got a call or text from anyone to say they were although service was temporarily up at almost 5.5Mb/s so it's possible they were. It's now back at 0.87Mb/s and useless to my needs.

This is completely unacceptable as I am still paying full price. What are my rights in relation to this?
    Forget it you wasting your time its now May you not going to see a change. I have had those speeds since September every evening and they blame it on congestion. They happily charge you full price for the service, but will do nothing to help you out. You're only hope is to change provider and pay less or wait for an upgrade. I have been out of contract for a awhile and when fibre comes to my area i decide then if i stick with Eir or move to another provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Forget it you wasting your time its now May you not going to see a change. I have had those speeds since September every evening and they blame it on congestion. They happily charge you full price for the service, but will do nothing to help you out. You're only hope is to change provider and pay less or wait for an upgrade. I have been out of contract for a awhile and when fibre comes to my area i decide then if i stick with Eir or move to another provider.
    Hi Cheerful Spring,

I'm so sorry to hear you are also experiencing issues with your service and I can understand how frustrating this must be.

There is an on-going plan to upgrade a number of exchanges and cabinets to the efibre service. You can view the most up to date information on this here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Sorry I could not give you a more exact time frame. At the moment the best advice we can offer would be to speak with technical support on 1890 260 260 if you experience any further broadband issues.

-Pamela 

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 Gracieh

I'm in the middle of trying to get problems on the line resolved. I have had no broadband  or landline now for 2 weeks and last Autumn we were without the service for a month. The service has been slow  and drops out on a regular basis. 
    I should have known there would be problems when I signed up initially and asked for details of contract by email, which never arrived.

I just cant see why anyone would go with them . I have a list of my calls to their customer service and I have spent more time on the phone to them than I care to think about. I log EVERYTHING by the way. 
    We all know a service like this is bound to give problems - weather , failing lines, etc, but if a company cannot look after its customers, and the people on the end of a phone seem to tell porkies all the time about when you'll have the service checked,  then they arent worth going with. We, the customer must vote with our feet. If you haven't already joined my advice is DONT. 

Gracieh wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of trying to get problems on the line resolved. I have had no broadband  or landline now for 2 weeks and last Autumn we were without the service for a month. The service has been slow  and drops out on a regular basis. 
    I should have known there would be problems when I signed up initially and asked for details of contract by email, which never arrived.

I just cant see why anyone would go with them . I have a list of my calls to their customer service and I have spent more time on the phone to them than I care to think about. I log EVERYTHING by the way. 
    We all know a service like this is bound to give problems - weather , failing lines, etc, but if a company cannot look after its customers, and the people on the end of a phone seem to tell porkies all the time about when you'll have the service checked,  then they arent worth going with. We, the customer must vote with our feet. If you haven't already joined my advice is DONT. 
    Hi  Gracieh,

I'm so sorry to hear this, is there anything I can help you with here?
    You can view the terms and conditions of your service on-line here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

So today I phone and asked the foreign lady to acknowledge my request for a cancellation and she went on about how I will need to talk to technical to resolve our difficulties. I explained I have no technical issues now since I want cancellation. Now she tells me she cannot deal with my request. What the hell is this ?  You can't either? If the lady has difficulty understanding such a simple request, she should have someone else take the call. She refused to explain why my previous 'mails' where not answered. Seems Eircom only answer and deal with what suits them and certainly not what the customer wants.
    More of 'the terrible service'  or / and lack of.

So today I phone and asked the foreign lady to acknowledge my request for a cancellation and she went on about how I will need to talk to technical to resolve our difficulties. I explained I have no technical issues now since I want cancellation. Now she tells me she cannot deal with my request. What the hell is this ?  You can't either? If the lady has difficulty understanding such a simple request, she should have someone else take the call. She refused to explain why my previous 'mails' where not answered. Seems Eircom only answer and deal with what suits them and certainly not what the customer wants.
    More of 'the terrible service'  or / and lack of.
    Hi perry stanley,

Have you already sent your letter requesting cancellation on your account? Please feel free to PM me your account number and I'd be more than happy to check have we received this.

-Pamela 

Hi Cheerful Spring,

I'm so sorry to hear you are also experiencing issues with your service and I can understand how frustrating this must be.

There is an on-going plan to upgrade a number of exchanges and cabinets to the efibre service. You can view the most up to date information on this here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Sorry I could not give you a more exact time frame. At the moment the best advice we can offer would be to speak with technical support on 1890 260 260 if you experience any further broadband issues.

-Pamela 
    I look at that link every week hoping for an update! Seen today delayed again till Summer/Autumn. The upgrade another wait of six months. Every night my download is only 1 meg (9 months now) and i pay for 7 meg,  should be unacceptable its now May 2016, not 1998 when this was the speed that people got.

To be honest i will likely be leaving Eircom for another provider, when the fibre is installed. I have notified tech support numerous times, and you would think, my exchange would be a priority when it has being that bad for that long? I seen today 95 per cent of exchanges are scheduled for Summer 2016. Why does my exchange have a even longer delay? My bill is 190 Euros for Phone and Broadband- two month bill. What value is this?

Hi Cheerful Spring,

-Pamela 
    I look at that link every week hoping for an update! Seen today delayed again till Summer/Autumn. The upgrade another wait of six months. Every night my download is only 1 meg (9 months now) and i pay for 7 meg,  should be unacceptable its now May 2016, not 1998 when this was the speed that people got.

To be honest i will likely be leaving Eircom for another provider, when the fibre is installed. I have notified tech support numerous times, and you would think, my exchange would be a priority when it has being that bad for that long? I seen today 95 per cent of exchanges are scheduled for Summer 2016. Why does my exchange have a even longer delay? My bill is 190 Euros for Phone and Broadband- two month bill. What value is this?
    Hi Cheerful Spring,

I can understand your frustration completely however the dates we provide on-line are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date. Unfortunately there can be delays rolling out the fibre service. 

I'm genuinely sorry I could not offer you better news.

Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will contact the technical team regarding the broadband issues you have experienced.

-Pamela 

Hi Cheerful Spring,

-Pamela 

Hi Cheerful Spring,

I can understand your frustration completely however the dates we provide on-line are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date. Unfortunately there can be delays rolling out the fibre service. 

Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will contact the technical team regarding the broadband issues you have experienced.

-Pamela 
    Eir has had 9 months to correct it and has not bothered to. I have made up my mind to leave. Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

Hi Cheerful Spring,

-Pamela 

Hi Cheerful Spring,

-Pamela 
    Eir has had 9 months to correct it and has not bothered to. I have made up my mind to leave. Thanks anyway.
    I'm sorry to hear this Cheerful Springplease don't hesitate to get in touch should you need any assistance in the future.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear this. I can understand your frustration completely. I would recommend for the best support on this to contact the technical support team & they would be able to troubleshoot these issues further & query the date for a technician call out, You can contact them directly on 1890260260, freephone 1901 opt 3 opt 2. - Stacey

So I contacted support (again) someone came out and it was fine for a while. I'm now getting a download speed of 0.44Mbps. I'm assuming there is some form of discount for such an awful service? I've clocked it at over 6Mbps at times

So I contacted support (again) someone came out and it was fine for a while. I'm now getting a download speed of 0.44Mbps. I'm assuming there is some form of discount for such an awful service? I've clocked it at over 6Mbps at times
    Hi  hogandrew,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

All bundles are a set price and speeds are not guaranteed I'm afraid. Speeds are advertised, sold and provided on the terms of 'up to' as per terms and conditions.
    I recommend logging this with the technical team if you are experiencing issues again with your service. Once there is a fault logged we can arrange a credit for the duration of the fault.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

So  have a question for many of you disgruntled customers, (as are we) ... should we pay? :rolleyes:Must we if we are NOT:mad: getting what we are supposed to be getting?

So  have a question for many of you disgruntled customers, (as are we) ... should we pay? :rolleyes:Must we if we are NOT:mad: getting what we are supposed to be getting?
    I'm sorry to hear you feel this way and I can understand your disappointment perry stanleyI'm afraid speeds are not guaranteed and  The terms and conditions specifically show that speeds are on the basis of 'up to'. You can view this in the terms and conditions below - Follow here and view under Bandwidth the term 'up to' https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf;

-Pamela 

Advertisement