Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear The Walking Dead: Worth a watch?

Options
  • 30-04-2016 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Im a huge Walking Dead fan, read the comics, watch the show, play the games. But I have no idea if Fear twd is worth a watch. What do yous think off it?

Worth a watch? 5 votes

No
    0% 0 votes
    Yes
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Im a huge Walking Dead fan, read the comics, watch the show, play the games. But I have no idea if Fear twd is worth a watch. What do yous think off it?

Everythings "worth a watch" but I think its just a money spinner cash cow for AMC and there hasnt been much effort by the writers to curtail this. Imo the characters are impossible to empathise with! You are almost willing them to be zombified! Acting is very wooden at times and the premise of the second season, without giving away anything, is a bit odd.

Also after seeing how horrific and dark The Walking Dead has got, this show seems very light viewing and there arent any real shocking villains.

Make your own mind up but I have seen just a couple of episodes and most of the finale in first season and 1 and a half in second and I had enough already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Yeah, it's worth a gander but I found the first few episodes slow and didn't like the characters (still don't tbh - bar one). I think they've missed a real opportunity to be creative but I'll still tune in; for another bit anyway.

Try a few and see how it goes. I can't recall anything tremendously important happening in the first few, so if you are watching on tv, you could fast-forward and not miss anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I like it a hell of a lot more than I did The Walking Dead and I like the group of characters we follow in Fear The Walking Dead, but it does seem my opinion is in the minority in this case - around here anyway. There are plenty of people who do like it and a good few who prefer it to The Walking Dead, but not a lot of those people seem to be on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 josh_96

It's definetly worth a watch if your a fan of twd however its no were near as good though, season 1 was decent to start season 2 has been a bit mixed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I think its good. A perfect addition to TWD. Not as good though but its early.

Ten episodes per year is meagre enough its good to have something extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭SCOL

Where can I watch Fear the walking Dead ? who is showing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

SCOL wrote: »
    Where can I watch Fear the walking Dead ? who is showing it ?

Unfortunately no network in Ireland is airing it (yet). It's on AMC in the US and on AMC From BT in the UK. You can watch it on Amazon Prime, iTunes and Google Play though.

And other methods of course, which I won't mention here.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

I think it's good. Worth a watch Season 2 is better than season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Think it's very average, it feels much less gritty compared to TWD. Almost feels like a soap opera with zombies in it. But if you want a zombie tv show to watch it's the second best one out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I really tried to get through the first episode, and I couldn't, I know that first episodes can be slow and need time, but really just a no for me. Judging from the earlier comments I was right. Found Z Nation to be great fun though. I wouldn't say it's to everyone's taste though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

The second season is better but it's true, it is a bit soapy.

I'm not invested in the characters.

I think a spin off show where you see different people and stories at the moment of the outbreak and how they handle it would have been good, something like the webisodes with a different story each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I started with TWD from episode one watching week to week, and only in the last few months started buying the Graphic Novels to read. I picked up FTWD from the start and like it. Although felt it another lost opportunity.
    It's quickly introduced the dynamic "People are more dangerous then zombies" which I thought was silly and could be avoided for a good portion of this show
    Nothing outside of World War Z(book) has ever addressed in this scenarios how the military **** it up so bad or fail to contain the situation. They dropped the ball here regarding the military big time imo.
    My initial attraction to this show was seeing the outbreak start from within a major city. That ended way too soon, and we are again dealing with a group in isolation

So the show itself is good and I enjoy it, but it's quickly become a carbon copy of TWD, and all the stuff they could have done to make it genuinely stand alone and great, they missed entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

TheDoc wrote: »
    My initial attraction to this show was seeing the outbreak start from within a major city. That ended way too soon, and we are again dealing with a group in isolation

Ye me too but I guess they didn't have the money to fund this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 justmelindsey

Thanks for all the opinions, might borrow a friends hulu and watch season 1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I've made it half way through season 2 episode 5, it was just starting to bug me so turned it off. Might go back when the weather is bad!

Advertisement