Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skin tags

Options
  • 30-04-2016 11:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have a couple of skin tags on my neck that are annoying me. Keep getting caught in shirts etc.

I used Wartner liquid nitrogen ( just the one you buy in a pharmacy and apply yourself) on a wart before and it worked brilliant.

Anyone ever use liquid nitrogen to remove a skin tag?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Anyone on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

To answer your specific question, I don't know. However my husband has had skin tags that randomly turned into nasty infections so I'd be wary of touching it yourself. You can have a simple procedure done as an outpatient to have them removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,698 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Your GP may be able to remove them on-site either with liquid nitrogen or surgically rather than needing to attend a dermatologist as an outpatient. I wouldn't attempt it myself with a wartner kit - your neck is rather a lot more visible and rather a lot more sensitive than feet!

Had one which was causing trouble under my arm taken off in about five minutes from injection of anesthesia to it being bandaged by my GP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Last time I was at doctor 6 months ago, he did the liquid nitrogen procedure to remove 1 X skin tag and in fairness 10 days later it fell off. But I was minus 55 quid.

I have a couple more skin tags and I was thinking of just doing it myself. I know I have to be careful and try and not do surrounding skin but instead target the root and clean and dry skin before applying etc.

Anybody ever try it themselves ?

Advertisement