Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignore button still shows posts

Options
  • 30-04-2016 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭

If you use the ignore button to ignore a poster it still shows you threads they started and that they have posted on the forum. It'd be great if ignore meant you see nothing at all from the poster unless you remove them from ignore
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,289 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've seen posters comment they have put me on ignore. That proposal would mean they would never have any indication of mod warnings I have given, or even forum charters I have written. The current system at least allows them to reveal such posts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Beasty wrote: »
    I've seen posters comment they have put me on ignore. That proposal would mean they would never have any indication of mod warnings I have given, or even forum charters I have written. The current system at least allows them to reveal such posts

I was under the impression that users with Mod rights couldn't be ignored on the forums they mod? I'm not sure now though, perhaps I was thinking of a different forum.

In any case, I would love if you couldn't see anything from an ignored poster. The temptation to click reveal is often too much. I'm a masochist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Teferi wrote: »
    I was under the impression that users with Mod rights couldn't be ignored on the forums they mod? I'm not sure now though, perhaps I was thinking of a different forum.

In any case, I would love if you couldn't see anything from an ignored poster. The temptation to click reveal is often too much. I'm a masochist.

Use the touch site. The option to reveal isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

If I ignore a poster, and its largely because of the high number of ridiculous time wasting threads they start, then it would be great if I didn't have to see those threads either. I hope it will be considered going forward as an option in the ignore procedure.

Advertisement