Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Leicester City 01/05/16 k/o 14.05 Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Trying way too hard pal.

You do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Draw a fair result, ref made mistakes on both sides. Serious grit and determination from the Foxes.

Exactly. Schmeichels save from Lingard a massive moment in the first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

A bad case of Man United blinkers with a few on here.

As opposed to the abu comments? No wonder I never read these match threads for United games.

• Get the **** in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Good Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What a huge opportunity lost for Manchester United today with Manchester City losing.

They really should have won this game.

Paully D wrote: »
    What a huge opportunity lost for Manchester United today with Manchester City losing.

Point gained though...

Almost there Leicester, well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Paully D wrote: »

Why should they have? Home to the league leaders and champions elect. They didn't do enough to win the game. Draw was a fair result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Johner wrote: »
    Why should they have? Home to the league leaders and champions elect. They didn't do enough to win the game. Draw was a fair result.

They were at home and massively on top for 45 mins, let Leicester back into the game with shocking defending.

Leicester were the better team second half, but United should have got a second and been out of sight

They were at home and massively on top for 45 mins, let Leicester back into the game with shocking defending.

Leicester were the better team second half, but United should have got a second and been out of sight

I don't think they created enough to be out of sight at half time. No doubt United were well on top in the first half but they still didn't create a lot. I guess that's been the problem for United this season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Another step towards the title and also crushing United's hopes of a champions league spot, good result.

Crushed or... you know a point closer...

• Johner wrote: »
    I don't think they created enough to be out of sight at half time. No doubt United were well on top in the first half but they still didn't create a lot. I guess that's been the problem for United this season though.

We had 24 chances created??

Sounds like a fair few to me

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    We had 24 chances created??

Sounds like a fair few to me

24? What passes for a chance created then? For all their possession I didn't see too many clear cut ones. Lingard had a good one that was well saved by Schmeichel. In the first half what other ones were there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,304 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

24? What passes for a chance created then? For all their possession I didn't see too many clear cut ones. Lingard had a good one that was well saved by Schmeichel. In the first half what other ones were there?

He must just be referring to how many times Fellaini tried to connect his elbow at Huth's head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It was quite an easy game to analyse.

Utd were brilliant at the start, couldn't score more than one, Leicester scored from a set piece, grew into the game from there, then it was on the whole very even.

Leicester could've had a penalty (though I don't think it was) and so could Utd. For the Drinkwater incident, I think Oliver made the easiest choice between a penalty and to give Drinkwater a second booking. I reckon he didn't want to do both.

Great game though.

• monkey9 wrote: »
    He must just be referring to how many times Fellaini tried to connect his elbow at Huth's head.

Ahh classic bias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

For me, they were the better side and should have had a penalty for Drinkwater's foul.

It was a great game but United will be disappointed not to have won it IMO.

monkey9 wrote: »

or how may hairs Huth pulled out of Fellaini's head

• Advertisement

• or how may hairs Huth pulled out of Fellaini's head

Exactly

Fellani will get punished and should'nt have reacted but Huths actions gets bypassed. He should get equal amount of punishment

But let's be honest the poster hates utd as much as I hate Liverpool but pretending he is being "Neutral" and then posts some nonsense like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Decuc500 wrote: »
    As opposed to the abu comments? No wonder I never read these match threads for United games.

Noone cares about Man United, abu is an outdated concept, Man U merely also rans these days. Neutrals wanted Leicester to win the title today, they'll still do it.

Watching MOTD just now, Rooney should've been off as well, would've tilted the balance in Leicester's favour if they got their penalty in the first half and if Rooney has been sent off as well. Some of the Man U fans on this thread have been trying to make out that they were hard done by today, laughable. If anything I think they got slightly more decisions in their favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Noone cares about Man United, abu is an outdated concept, Man U merely also rans these days. Neutrals wanted Leicester to win the title today, they'll still do it.

Watching MOTD just now, Rooney should've been off as well, would've tilted the balance in Leicester's favour if they got their penalty in the first half and if Rooney has been sent off as well. Some of the Man U fans on this thread have been trying to make out that they were hard done by today, laughable. If anything I think they got slightly more decisions in their favour.

Very balanced review there. Rooney sent off? You don't like United, I get it, but call the game fairly. United were poor today but a bit more belief in the final third could have won it.

MOTD was very enjoyable tonight :)

Exactly

Fellani will get punished and should'nt have reacted but Huths actions gets bypassed. He should get equal amount of punishment

But let's be honest the poster hates utd as much as I hate Liverpool but pretending he is being "Neutral" and then posts some nonsense like that....

When do i 'pretend to be neutral'? Unless Man U are playing Liverpool, i'm technically neutral in the sense i don't support either club in a match thread, but it's fairly obvious i want Man U to lose. Today, it wasn't even about Man U, they were irrelevant. Today was all about Leicester City.

As for Fellaini, the bloke is famous for his hair and his elbows. And once again, he produces another elbow to an opponents face and gets away with it. It's more that he gets away with it all the time that is such the focus.

Maybe Huth got lucky that he didn't give away a peno for being all over Fellaini, but he's not going to get a three game ban for a slight tug of hair ffs. It's clearly not the same as what Fellaini did.

MOTD was very enjoyable tonight :)

I'm not a Man City fan, if that what you're thinking.

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Very balanced review there. Rooney sent off? You don't like United, I get it, but call the game fairly. United were poor today but a bit more belief in the final third could have won it.

It was Alan Shearer that said Rooney should've been sent off.

• monkey9 wrote: »
    When do i 'pretend to be neutral'? Unless Man U are playing Liverpool, i'm technically neutral in the sense i don't support either club in a match thread, but it's fairly obvious i want Man U to lose. Today, it wasn't even about Man U, they were irrelevant. Today was all about Leicester City.

As for Fellaini, the bloke is famous for his hair and his elbows. And once again, he produces another elbow to an opponents face and gets away with it. It's more that he gets away with it all the time that is such the focus.

Maybe Huth got lucky that he didn't give away a peno for being all over Fellaini, but he's not going to get a three game ban for a slight tug of hair ffs. It's clearly not the same as what Fellaini did.

Yes it's not the same, I would class it as nastier, outright sneaky and clearly being committed to get the type of reaction from Fellani

Huth should be getting a 3 match ban also, if the FA displinary procedure review all incidents in the match which went unpunished fairly

Meanwhile the media will keep the focus on Fellani as it's easier to sell the rags in the morning

fellaini-elbow-huth-1462122802-800.jpg

Yes it's not the same, I would class it as nastier, outright sneaky and clearly being committed to get the type of reaction from Fellani

Huth should be getting a 3 match ban also, if the FA displinary procedure review all incidents in the match which went unpunished fairly

Meanwhile the media will keep the focus on Fellani as it's easier to sell the rags in the morning

Haha, no sh!t. And Fellaini fell for it. He's lucky he didn't get sent off but hopefully he gets the three game ban and really, he should be getting much more than that as he's a serial offender. It's needs to be nipped in the bud now before he seriously injures someone.

It's funny,

Thought nobody gave **** about United anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It's funny,

Did you think people weren't going to comment on Fellaini getting away with ANOTHER elbow on someone?

Did you think people weren't going to comment on Fellaini getting away with ANOTHER elbow on someone?

I even said yesterday he should been sent off.

That's not what I said though.

It's funny,

Well they still exist, don't they? Fellaini elbowed another player in the head yesterday, didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I even said yesterday he should been sent off.

That's not what I said though.

So what did you say?

It's kinda tough to comment on Fellaini without Utd being involved what with him being one of your players.

Should we start a thread on him and not allow any mention of Man Utd in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nobody is getting a 3 game ban for pulling someone's hair. A yellow card and a penalty because it's in the box.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Well they still exist, don't they? Fellaini elbowed another player in the head yesterday, didn't he?

Yes and should get ban. Not sure how many times your desperate to get it mentioned

CSF wrote: »
    Nobody is getting a 3 game ban for pulling someone's hair. A yellow card and a penalty because it's in the box.

Hair pulling is violent conduct and would merit a red card, as I said yesterday both Huth and Fellaini should have been sent off and a penalty awarded to Man Utd

So what did you say?

It's kinda tough to comment on Fellaini without Utd being involved what with him being one of your players.

Should we start a thread on him and not allow any mention of Man Utd in it?

I have no problem with people discussing it at all. It deserves to be highlighted.

It's the whole overreaction really, as usual.

It's like watching reading WWE stuff where the match is barely covered but where one incident takes full attention.

It was a excellent professional performance by the New Champions and it's a pity that seems to be forgotten.

But its boards match threads I'm not sure why I expect different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yes it's not the same, I would class it as nastier

A hair pull nastier than an elbow to the head? What the actual fúck?

An you accuse others of bias? Good God Almighty.

By the way, Huth should be punished. Absolute max 1 game ban though.

• Advertisement

Fellaini is pure box office. I love the little hero.

• SlickRic wrote: »
    A hair pull nastier than an elbow to the head? What the actual fúck?

An you accuse others of bias? Good God Almighty.

By the way, Huth should be punished. Absolute max 1 game ban though.
    Tell ya what somebody grabbed you by the head of hair during a match, on the street, in a pub for eg.. I wonder how you would react...

The bias from you is clear as day as you take it out of context

Yea and I would class it as nastier / sneaky a true ****ty act. On same level as biting / scratching

Huth deserves 3 game ban as does Fellani

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

3 match ban is only due to excessive force or brutality.

I'm not saying Huth doesn't deserve something but you can't call hair pulling excessive force or brutality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

gosplan wrote: »
    3 match ban is only due to excessive force or brutality.

I'm not saying Huth doesn't deserve something but you can't call hair pulling excessive force or brutality.

What if it was say, a deliberate poke in the eye/gouging, or a bite?

Not particularly excessive force, or brutal but it is cowardly and despicable behaviour. Its designed purely and simply to get a reaction from the player. A lot of gas men in here saying he shouldn't have reacted, I'd love to see ye in a game, or walking down the street, or in a bar having your hair yanked from behind to see how ye'd take it.

Fellaini should be punished and it is a miracle that he hasn't seriously injured someone up to this point but Huths behavior is every bit as trampish, anyone that says otherwise is biased, purely and simply biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What if it was say, a deliberate poke in the eye/gouging, or a bite?

Not particularly excessive force, or brutal but it is cowardly and despicable behaviour. Its designed purely and simply to get a reaction from the player. A lot of gas men in here saying he shouldn't have reacted, I'd love to see ye in a game, or walking down the street, or in a bar having your hair yanked from behind to see how ye'd take it.

Fellaini should be punished and it is a miracle that he hasn't seriously injured someone up to this point but Huths behavior is every bit as trampish, anyone that says otherwise is biased, purely and simply biased.

Absolutely, it's just a fact that there's no rule to ban him for it.

Gouging, biting IMO is defo brutality.

It's more like spitting but they brought in a rule that specifically mentioned spitting. There are like six or seven things you can get sent off for, hair pulling isn't in there.

Morally there's no difference and tbh Fell would have been justified if he turn turned around and punched him.

Absolutely, it's just a fact that there's no rule to ban him for it.

Gouging, biting IMO is defo brutality.

It's more like spitting but they brought in a rule that specifically mentioned spitting. There are like six or seven things you can get sent off for, hair pulling isn't in there.

Morally there's no difference and tbh Fell would have been justified if he turn turned around and punched him.

The point is, what constitutes violent conduct?

I don't believe I've ever seen another instance of hair pulling occuring.

The spitting one is an interesting marker now that you bring it up as it set a precedent for gamesmanship.

It's something like an automatic 5 or 6 game ban iirc, what does that fall under category wise?

Its certainly not violent but its scummy, sly and provocative, the same could be said for pulling someones hair.

I believe Fellaini will get a 3 game ban, as he rightly should because its a part of his game that needs to go. I do not however believe his elbowing is anywhere near as rampant as some sections would have you believe. I'd also be pretty confident that if it was any other player involved yesterday other than him there would be a lot of people singing a different tune.

• Advertisement

Don't ban Fellaini!

Howard Webb in today's Times

"This should have ended up in a penalty for Manchester United and both of them being sent off.

Robert Huth, the Leicester centre back, was all over Marouane Fellaini. The hair-pulling by Huth came first, which is violent conduct and worth a red card. That incident should have resulted in a penalty and the Fellaini elbow that followed was worth a red card. I think that they will both get retrospective action. I think that the FA will take a stand on this one."

Howard Webb in today's Times

"This should have ended up in a penalty for Manchester United and both of them being sent off.

Robert Huth, the Leicester centre back, was all over Marouane Fellaini. The hair-pulling by Huth came first, which is violent conduct and worth a red card. That incident should have resulted in a penalty and the Fellaini elbow that followed was worth a red card. I think that they will both get retrospective action. I think that the FA will take a stand on this one."

Doesn't mean anything, sure Webb always had the horn for United anyway.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

An elbow to the face can cause serious damage (broken jaw, broken nose, smashed teeth) a tug of the hair does not. That's really all there is too it. Huth shouldn't be doing it, it's sneaky and horrible but he's not hurting anyone let's be honest.

1 game for Huth and 3 for fellani would be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Fellaini was in the process of swinging his elbow before the hair pull. It doesnt diminish Huth but says more about Fellaini that he was gonna elbow him anyway without provocation.

Suarez was chased out of the league by the media and they have been trying to chase Diego Costa out too. It is Fellaini that needs to be chased out of the league. Fellaini genuinely tries to injure people whether it be his elbows or nasty tackles. He is a nasty character. Even his own fans dont like him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement