Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Leicester City 01/05/16 k/o 14.05 Sky

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,392 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

You could somewhat forgive Fellani if it was a one off thing but he's a serial elbower and it's probably only a matter of time before he breaks someone's cheekbone or eye socket. Gets away with it far too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

The point is, what constitutes violent conduct?

I don't believe I've ever seen another instance of hair pulling occuring.

The spitting one is an interesting marker now that you bring it up as it set a precedent for gamesmanship.

It's something like an automatic 5 or 6 game ban iirc, what does that fall under category wise?

Its certainly not violent but its scummy, sly and provocative, the same could be said for pulling someones hair.

I believe Fellaini will get a 3 game ban, as he rightly should because its a part of his game that needs to go. I do not however believe his elbowing is anywhere near as rampant as some sections would have you believe. I'd also be pretty confident that if it was any other player involved yesterday other than him there would be a lot of people singing a different tune.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/morecambe-players-slapped-three-match-6296160

I seen Dermot Gallagher mention this on SSN earlier. Both players pulled with what looked like less force than Huth and both received 3 match bans earlier this season

• hogandrew wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/morecambe-players-slapped-three-match-6296160

I seen Dermot Gallagher mention this on SSN earlier. Both players pulled with what looked like less force than Huth and both received 3 match bans earlier this season

Apparently some people find it hard to believe that pulling hair is a violent act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

The tshirts are out lads.

384884.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Apparently some people find it hard to believe that pulling hair is a violent act

It's not about whether it's violent.

It's whether it meets the FA's idea of 'brutality'.

The rules aren't always correct. It's not about what we or you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tell ya what somebody grabbed you by the head of hair during a match, on the street, in a pub for eg.. I wonder how you would react...

The bias from you is clear as day as you take it out of context

Yea and I would class it as nastier / sneaky a true ****ty act. On same level as biting / scratching

Huth deserves 3 game ban as does Fellani

Pulling hair is not worse than an elbow to the face. That's just fact. I'm sorry.

Also, there is no way pulling hair is the same as gouging and biting...and you know it. You really do. You're just acting the maggot with this shíte because he's a Utd player.

How about I pull your hair, gouge you in the eye, then elbow you on the chin, then bite you...and let's see how you rate them. I suspect you might ask for another hair pull.

Fúck sake, this is just lunacy.

SlickRic wrote: »
    How about I pull your hair, gouge you in the eye, then elbow you on the chin, then bite you...and let's see how you rate them. I suspect you might ask for another hair pull.

If you pulled someone's hair you should expect a dig in the gob at least. I doubt they would hang about trying to decide which action would be equal to a hair pull.

Fellaini was in the process of swinging his elbow before the hair pull. It doesnt diminish Huth but says more about Fellaini that he was gonna elbow him anyway without provocation.

Suarez was chased out of the league by the media and they have been trying to chase Diego Costa out too. It is Fellaini that needs to be chased out of the league. Fellaini genuinely tries to injure people whether it be his elbows or nasty tackles. He is a nasty character. Even his own fans dont like him.

Suarez and Costa are "nasty characters" too. Oh and Suarez wasn't chased out of the league by the media, he had ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If you pulled someone's hair you should expect a dig in the gob at least.

Did I argue that you wouldn't?

I don't know, I haven't read through the thread. Just sayin'

• Advertisement

An elbow in the face deserves a kick in the face!

Liverpool and City fans must be delighted with him anyway. Take the heat off that muck yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So Fellaini was justified in swinging his elbow yesterday?

Is that what you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

rob316 wrote: »
    An elbow to the face can cause serious damage (broken jaw, broken nose, smashed teeth) a tug of the hair does not. That's really all there is too it. Huth shouldn't be doing it, it's sneaky and horrible but he's not hurting anyone let's be honest.

1 game for Huth and 3 for fellani would be fair.

If the "tug" is done with excessive force from behind it could seriously damage the muscles in the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool and City fans must be delighted with him anyway. Take the heat off that muck yesterday...

Bigger fish to fry for both clubs during the week.

Bigger fish to fry for both clubs during the week.

Both were embarrassingly played off the park yesterday, regardless of what's going on during the week.

There's probably more posts from Liverpool fans here than their 114 post match thread yesterday. Convenient distraction :pac:

Suarez was chased out of the league by the media and they have been trying to chase Diego Costa out too. It is Fellaini that needs to be chased out of the league. Fellaini genuinely tries to injure people whether it be his elbows or nasty tackles. He is a nasty character. Even his own fans dont like him.

So it was the English media that racially abused Evra, and bit Ivanovich, and agitated for a move to Arsenal, and bit Chiellini?

They are fair sneaky them media lads.

As for Costa, he gets as much hate as any player in this forum, there are reasons why certain players attract a huge amount of negativity from opposing fans and its nothing to do with the bloody media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Both were embarrassingly played off the park yesterday, regardless of what's going on during the week.

There's probably more posts from Liverpool fans here than their 114 post match thread yesterday. Convenient distraction :pac:

Aye. It's great,isn't it? He couldn't have elbowed someone at a better time tbh.

Aye. It's great,isn't it?

Absolutely brilliant kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fúck sake, this is just lunacy.

If I made a racist comment or spat at you it would be deemed to be a lot worse than pulling your hair... but I'm sure people would rather be called names than having their hair pulled. So why compare them in this way?

Fellaini was stupid to have elbowed him, and by the laws of the game he should be punished.... but nobody can deny Huth was asking for it. End of. A lot of people would have reacted the same or similar way and you know it.

Nalz wrote: »
    If I made a racist comment or spat at you it would be deemed to be a lot worse than pulling your hair... but I'm sure people would rather be called names than having their hair pulled. So why compare them in this way?

Fellaini was stupid to have elbowed him, and by the laws of the game he should be punished.... but nobody can deny Huth was asking for it. End of. A lot of people would have reacted the same or similar way and you know it.

Just because he's asking for it doesn't mean you have to react. A lot of people wouldn't have reacted too.

On another note, what would Huths punishment be if Fellaini hadn't reacted I wonder

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Just because he's asking for it doesn't mean you have to react. A lot of people wouldn't have reacted too.

On another note, what would Huths punishment be if Fellaini hadn't reacted I wonder

Reaction or not it's being pointed out to be violent conduct already in here and evidence of punishment being handed down elsewhere has been proven.

Huth should get a 3 match ban

Reaction or not it's being pointed out to be violent conduct already in here and evidence of punishment being handed down elsewhere has been proven.

I didn't say otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Can see fellaini getting 6 match ban,not first time he's been done retrospectively for elbowing/punching players,he should be made an example of!

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I didn't say otherwise

Was just trying my best to answer the question you asked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Probably a talking to by the referee to watch himself at the next corner or he'd give away a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Going around in cricles. I think nobody (or very very few) are saying "you have to" react... It's natural almost to react in that way, especially in heat of the moment. Nobody is saying he was right to do it, people are saying they understand why he did it. But others feel the need to be outraged even still. Any excuse.

To your comment that "A lot of people wouldn't have reacted too" I would say that most footballers would of reacted in some similar fashion. Be it a thump, box, squaring up, push, elbow, kick whatever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

It's like the old Dennis Wise pinch on the thigh trick. Designed to get the victim to lash out and then sent off. Very sneaky but very hard not to react to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Both charged

rob316 wrote: »
    Both charged

Proper order. The hair pull was considered violent conduct to whom it concerns.

• Advertisement

• rob316 wrote: »
    Both charged

3 match ban for both as expected

Great read this thread is now :P

Absolute correct decision to charge both.

I'd expect both to get a 3 game ban for it.

Funny how former referees, pundits and now the FA disciplinary committee differ on what constitutes violent conduct, compared to some of the more one eyed contributors to this thread.

They are all wearing United tinted glasses too I suppose.

Both will be banned and rightly so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Very fair IMO.

Advertisement