Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I give my cleaner a raise?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Are those comments for real?
    Pay the woman more if you can afford it and you think she is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Just wondering do people give the cleaner a key to get in or what?

For me the biggest issue would be privacy. Can you trust the cleaner not to be going through your stuff. It would always be a worry unless you knew they were reliable.

Other than that I can see the value of getting someone in to do a deep clean of the shower and oven and other little bits like that.

Also does your house insurance cover you if the cleaner ends up falling on her arse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Just wondering do people give the cleaner a key to get in or what?

For me the biggest issue would be privacy. Can you trust the cleaner not to be going through your stuff. It would always be a worry unless you knew they were reliable.

Other than that I can see the value of getting someone in to do a deep clean of the shower and oven and other little bits like that.

Also does your house insurance cover you if the cleaner ends up falling on her arse?

Our cleaners collect a key from our neighbours on the mornings they're cleaning.

Privacy I can't really see why they'd bother going through our stuff most important stuff they don't have access to, it would slow them down and they've been cleaning our house for nearly 6 years so we trust them at this stage.

I can't imagine house insurance covering that you'd need public indemnity insurance, our cleaners have their own insurance and I can't imagine hiring someone who doesn't have insurance. Sameway you wouldn't hire a painter, window cleaner, plumber etc who didn't have insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Under normal house insurance you are covered for employing a painter, electrician or some other contractor. So I am thinking a cleaner would be covered as well.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

It takes me barely more than an hour a day every day to keep the house clean, I would call that a better use of my time than hour watching crap on telly or guzzling booze, but hey, everyone is different.

Exactly. Nothing stopping people from cleaning while having a few cans and tv on in the background.

• Advertisement
Advertisement