Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punctures

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

"Rimbo" is easier to say, I suppose. They might have to give in and re-name. Happened to Orpah Winfrey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

last time i had a puncture was in the car last halloween. someone apparently decided to sprinkle thumbtacks over the road resulting in me needing a full set of new tyres. thankfully i've had more luck on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sfmcar

Try increasing your tube to the next size. Worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

last time i had a puncture was in the car last halloween. someone apparently decided to sprinkle thumbtacks over the road resulting in me needing a full set of new tyres...
    Your car tyres must have been very worn if thumbtacks caused them to puncture! :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Your car tyres must have been very worn if thumbtacks caused them to puncture! :confused:
    the pin part of them was easily over half an inch long, which caused us worries that someone had done it in our driveway (based on whether they'd have stood pin up in the road).
    thankfully, i reckon the tyres were a good 75% of the way through their lifespan, which made replacing them hurt just a little bit less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Maybe carpet tacks? More popular with messers.

Advertisement