Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loaf tin liners (cheap)?

Options
  • 01-05-2016 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hi all was just wondering if anyone knows a where I can get loaf / and or cake tin liners at a reasonable price in Dublin? I might add I haven't looked anywhere, so it may be that Tesco / Lidl have them, I just thought I utilise the expertise on here before I went looking. Usually just scrumple up baking paper (in case anyone is about to suggest that method) but I had to bake a loaf for a friend recently and the rough edges didn't really cut the mustard..

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Homestore and more do them and I think I saw them in dealz yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

thanks Racoon - Dealz would be good for me I'll have a look tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I've got them in dealz and tesco, they're the best, though they leave your soda bread looking weirdly smooth

Tesco and Woodies do them.

Tree wrote: »
    I've got them in dealz and tesco, they're the best, though they leave your soda bread looking weirdly smooth

that'll make a nice change :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Dealz ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I cut the greaseproof paper to shape and use a little butter or oil to hold it in place evenly. My mother keeps butter wrappers and uses them to line her tins.

dudara wrote: »
    I cut the greaseproof paper to shape and use a little butter or oil to hold it in place evenly. My mother keeps butter wrappers and uses them to line her tins.

thanks I usually just scrumple a piece up but was looking for a really lazy option. I went to Dealz during the week but they didn't have loaf tin liners, they did have cake tin liners and circles so I got some of those, and another few bits and pieces. The Jane Asher range really good I hadn't known about it. So basically I have spent a few bob but still don't have my 'cheap' loaf tin liners :D:rolleyes:

update - got them in Dealz last week 15 for €1.50 - got a couple of them, that'll keep me going for a while. Thanks to all who replied :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 carrollm

Looking for liners for a loaf tin 11"x 5" x2.5"

• Advertisement
Advertisement