Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed

• 01-05-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi, just got separated recently, been married or together 30 years, 2 grown up kids, one still dependent in College, that should finish mid 2017.

We were looking at booking holidays last October/November, went out end of November for a few drinks, drank way too much, my ex was really bad, woke up the next day, no rows but she changed totally from that time, was distant and finally got to saying she was unhappy with our relationship. The more we discussed it, the worse it got so I moved out. There is no going back.

I now want to put an end to this asap, we have a 3/4 bed house in the Country, I work full time, she works part time although we are not in any way well off. At the moment there is no agreement in place, I look after the dependent and she still has access to the credit card.

I would like the house to be sold so I can start looking for a place of my own rather than renting, I have a small amount of savings, she has a lot more as her mother left her money.

What is the best way of going about this and is there a waiting period for separation b4 we can get anything done. If the house is sold what is the likely split, I'd be happy with 40% and paying some maintenance while I am still working.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I know I have faults but I am a decent bloke who imo was always a good father and husband, no cheating, no violence, feel like a bit of an idiot because I still cared for her, over the years she has slowly stripped away anything that was good in our marriage, drink was a minor issue for both of us, only at weekends, looking back, sex papered over a lot of the cracks. My wife has driven this whole thing and I am now trying to catch up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Get a family law solicitor asap, you may have to put the boot in to make sure you're not shafted, divorce is no where to be mister nice guy, your wife is probably way ahead of you at this stage.

Advertisement