Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calculation for concrete wall

Options
  • 01-05-2016 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

hi everyone,
    i am working out a calcualtion for £/m2 for a concrete wall. For example, if it takes a plaster two days (works 8 hours a day) to plaster a 60m2 wall and gets paid £16/hour, it should cost £4.27m2. Is that the correct answer? i feel like i am missing sometime in calculating it out but nearly sure it is right :) thanks for the help

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm getting the same figure also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Remember when working out the cost, you need to add linear items for external/internal corners, area above 2m, openings, plinths etc.

A basic per meter rate can be very misleading!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

What about materials and tools, insurance, H&S, taxes and charges?
    I know lads working for 10euros/m2 supply and plaster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

What about materials and tools, insurance, H&S, taxes and charges?
    I know lads working for 10euros/m2 supply and plaster.

Tools would be a very insignificant cost here.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

I didn't mean just a hand tools. Lets calculate the cost of van + insurance, tax fuel, etc. If plasterer is not employed but work as self employed than there's a significant cost. To make 16£ an hour You have to charge 25£ to cover the costs of accountant, bank holidays, holidays, health insurance, business insurance, H&S, tools, transport, road tax, fuel, repairs, phone etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I didn't mean just a hand tools. Lets calculate the cost of van + insurance, tax fuel, etc. If plasterer is not employed but work as self employed than there's a significant cost. To make 16£ an hour You have to charge 25£ to cover the costs of accountant, bank holidays, holidays, health insurance, business insurance, H&S, tools, transport, road tax, fuel, repairs, phone etc.

Dont think so.. The OP quoted a 16 euro per hour labour charge. This must include all costs incurred by the worker. If the worker feels his van, tools, fixed and variable expenses including tax comes to 25 euro per hour, then that is what he charges.

Advertisement