Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel hospital, labour ward

Options
  • 01-05-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi I'm due to give birth in the next couple of days and was just wondering what kind of experiences people had in the maternity ward. Do you get you own room while giving birth then transfer to your ward bed?
    If your not in full blown labour where do u wait out the contractions? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

cwtch_88 wrote: »
    Hi I'm due to give birth in the next couple of days and was just wondering what kind of experiences people had in the maternity ward. Do you get you own room while giving birth then transfer to your ward bed?
    If your not in full blown labour where do u wait out the contractions? Thanks!

If you go into the tipperary forum you will find a thread for clonmel. Probably the fastest way to get an answer to your question op

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,300 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I had 2 children in Clonmel and there are 2 delivery rooms in the labour ward at the end of the maternity ward. There's another room in the end of the labour ward with about 4 beds in it, separated by curtains. That's where they might bring you if you're being induced and might not need a delivery rooms yet or the delivery room is occupied. They refer to it as "the first stage room" and one of the beds in it is also a delivery bed in case the delivery rooms are busy or someone gives birth very quickly but I'd say it's very rarely used for births.

It probably depends on how busy the hospital is and what stage of labour you come in at butility both times I gave birth I was induced so I had a bed on the ward and just went to the labour ward when I needed to. On my last baby my induction was started in the first stage room but then I was given a bed on the maternity ward when one became available. I really had a lovely experience there

Advertisement