Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taught Masters Degree by Thesis

Options
  • 01-05-2016 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi all, need a bit of knowledge from the people on here.

I completed a Higher Cert. in Business Studies a few years ago, took a year out, went back for the L7 and failed some exams that I didn't go back and repeat. Stupid I know but at the time I was only in employment where it didn't matter and wasn't sure how life would play out. Now I am in a different position where I can go back online and redo the L7 and continue on to the L8 and then some. Thankfully life has shown me how difficult it can be and I want to improve my opportunities. I have seen that the L8 is called a Taught Masters Degree by Thesis, but I am now exactly sure what this means, is it a L8 or higher level?

My question is can I continue with my plan and complete my degree online and after that is there a route that I can qualify as and become a Lecturer in a Third Level Institution?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement