Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BER - SOLAR HOT WATER GRANT

• 01-05-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi - would any BER Assessor be able to assist with this.

A 1940s 3 bed terrace has been upgraded and an application is to be made to SEAI for a grant for solar hot water. In addition to the new Solar Hot water system the house has been fully upgraded and extended with a new heating system and internal drylining insulation.

My question is - on the SEAI Grant Form there is a requirement to fill in the Primary Energy value for both the published BER and the figure prior to the Better homes works - - so, is it correct to calculate the latter figure by simply excluding the Solar installation and allowing for all the other upgraded works ?

assistance appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Just exclude all works for which a grant is being applied for, so I assume in this case it's the solar panels, hw cylinder, and internal insulation. Are heating controls upgrade included?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭descol

Thanks Syd
    The only Grant work being applied for is the Solar HW system.
    So, when I adjust the upgraded dwelling (all upgraded works produce a B3) without the Solar HW system - and adjust the HW cylinder etc - The BER rating remains a B3 - and as expected the primary energy value changes - Seems odd and how does one advise the Client that with the expense of the Solar system the rating remains as a B3 ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

a 1940's terrace house being B3 before a solar system introduced? must have been quite extensive renovations carried out!

id be quite surpried if it didnt jump at least one band, is it only 1 panel and are yiou suing defualts or specific values 9for the panel AND the hw cylinder?)

even going from a 95 litre to a 300 litre id expect a significant change

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭descol

Syd
    Yes-it was an extensive upgrade - as noted I have only adjusted the pre grant works relative to the Solar Hot Water System - - making some adjustments the B3 drops down to a C1

Advertisement