Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC went belly up on me last night , think mobo is gone.What replacement should I get?

Options
  • 01-05-2016 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

So my pc died a violent death last night. I think it was due to a USB hub being powered by an incorrect dc adapter (12v instead of 5v :( )
    So motherboard is dead, hopefully that's all that's gone. Where would you recommend getting the replacement from and which one to get ?
    My rig is :

Gigabyte GA-z77-d3h - 1155 socket z77 chipset ATX mobo
    Corsair builder CX600 psu
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb ddr3 1600
    WD Caviar Blue 1 TB
    Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb
    Sapphire radeon HD 7850 - 2 GB x 2 in crossfire
    intel i5 IVy bridge 3570k OC'ed to about 4.0GHz

I'll probably upgrade graphics card to something like a 960/970 in the next 6 months hopefully.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

You sure it's dead? What happens when you power on?

To be honest any Z77 board would be fine. I quite like ASRock ones, as they usually have slightly quicker boot times than others. ASUS ones have great fan control built in (though that might only have started with Z87, not sure on that one...).

Whatever's cheap, really. If you don't need anything specific - dual LAN, onboard pwr/reset buttons, etc. - then they're all pretty similar.

Advertisement