Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy wheat flakes, rye flakes, maize grits, millet seed etc.

Options
  • 01-05-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I bought a bread maker recently and also picked up a really nice flour mix in Aldi. it was an eight grain flour mix and really delicious.
    They are out of stock now and I would like to recreate it, but I need to find the following, which I haven't been able to source in regular supermarkets (Dunnes, Tesco, Lidl, Aldi). I would appreciate any tips on where I might pick them up.
    1. Malted wheat flakes
    2. Rye Flakes
    3. Maize grits
    4. Millet seed

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

sounds a bit like the Doves Farm Malthouse Flour. I've seen in it in well stocked grocery stores and some "healthfood" shops.

I've seen millet in tesco the odd time.

Is maize grits just coarse polenta?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭CarPark2

Tree wrote: »
    sounds a bit like the Doves Farm Malthouse Flour. I've seen in it in well stocked grocery stores and some "healthfood" shops.

I've seen millet in tesco the odd time.

Is maize grits just coarse polenta?

Thanks. I would prefer to make my own rather than rely on the pre-made mix. Can you give examples of a well stocked grocery shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Sounds more like what you would find in a Health Food shop or Organic shop.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

CarPark2 wrote: »
    Thanks. I would prefer to make my own rather than rely on the pre-made mix. Can you give examples of a well stocked grocery shop?
    That depends on where you live. For me, Nolan's in Clontarf would be a good bet, or heading into town to go to Fallon & Byrne. They usually stock most of the Dove's farm range.

Advertisement