Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents of property - companies that take them?

Options
  • 02-05-2016 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is not the right forum for this but are there any companies that come and essentially buy the contents of properties? Like second hand shops or auction houses that actually come and collect? As far as I am aware the contents of the property are quite high end & good quality. Cousin emigrating and has sold her property but has no way of getting the stuff to a place herself and isn't at home all the time to be trying to deal with individuals from adverts or done deal. Think it's more of a case of quick & painless. If anyone knows of a company that does this can you please pm me the details and i will pass them on to her. Thank you

P.S. Should have said that she's in Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I would be very interested in any company or shop that would do this too. I don't mind where in the country they would be based. Could anyone with any information pm me too please. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

It is done but generally you have to box/bag it up and it's bought by weight.

For anyone who uses this as future reference you'd be better off including the contents in the sale of the property if possible.

On adverts, if the price is right you'll get plenty of offers - generally you can nail down people to a particular time. The alternative is a good old fashioned yard sale.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Apologies if this is not the right forum for this but are there any companies that come and essentially buy the contents of properties? Like second hand shops or auction houses that actually come and collect? As far as I am aware the contents of the property are quite high end & good quality. Cousin emigrating and has sold her property but has no way of getting the stuff to a place herself and isn't at home all the time to be trying to deal with individuals from adverts or done deal. Think it's more of a case of quick & painless. If anyone knows of a company that does this can you please pm me the details and i will pass them on to her. Thank you

P.S. Should have said that she's in Dublin

Oxfam furniture or the likes would take it off her hands im sure.

If she wants to make money from it, why not offer to sell some of the stuff to the purchasers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭wench

You could try Herman Wilkinson in Rathmines
    http://www.hermanwilkinson.ie/9/house_contents_clearance

Are the people buying the property willing to buy the contents too? If they are in good condition they may be interested rather than having to fit it out themselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement