Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Fliter for Juwel Rio 240

Options
  • 02-05-2016 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I'm at long last moving into my own place and setting up a Juwel Rio 240 litre aquarium. I'm looking at a Cristal Profi external filter. Either the 901 or 1501. Does anyone have any experience with these or recommend a better filter? I'm planning on planting out the tank. I don't have any experience with external filters so any recommendations would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Enduro

Have a 1501 on a 400l planted tank. My first tank, so nothing to compare with. Works prefectly fine. No issues with it whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

delmonte4 wrote: »
    I'm at long last moving into my own place and setting up a Juwel Rio 240 litre aquarium. I'm looking at a Cristal Profi external filter. Either the 901 or 1501. Does anyone have any experience with these or recommend a better filter? I'm planning on planting out the tank. I don't have any experience with external filters so any recommendations would be helpful.

I'm currently using an Eheim Pro 3 and find it great. Very quite too. I would recommennd that you over spec the filter as it will keep the tank in tip top shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have the e901 myself. Brilliant filter, super quite and very efficient. Very well built, couldn't fault it at all and would highly recommend it. I would however suggest you to get the e1901 the biggest they do. I've only a 180 litre tank and wish I had gone for the e1501 or e1901 now.

Especially with a planted tank, you'll want a lot of water flow in your tank, a recommended 10 turnovers per hour. You can add extra flow with some wavemakers or powerheads to compliment the filter.

They were also cheapest from ZooPlus.de or one of the ZooPlus sites when I purchased mine: http://www.zooplus.de/esearch.htm#q=e1901

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Depends what fish are you planning to stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭delmonte4

foxatron wrote: »
    Depends what fish are you planning to stock?

Nothing too big for now. Planning on trying to breed celestial pearl danios and rehouse my clown loaches, Siamese algae eaters etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Your better off going for the 1501. I have one on a 245 litre and it has quite a strong flow. The 901 might struggle unless you put in two of them. The 1901 would be great in theory but you dont want your fish to think theyre in a washing machine either.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Don't forget on the crystal profis you can reduce the flow rate but only with the lever on the output side not the intake of the filter,great filter and you would,nt know it was running..

Advertisement