Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMAP email issue Outlook 2007

Options
  • 02-05-2016 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I have many email accounts which are all POP3 & all is fine with them.

I setup two new email accounts today using IMAP & both are working fine with regard to sending & receiving, however, I’m a little puzzled as to why the following happens.

As part of the setup process there were two new folders added to the Outlook 2007 mail folders tree (left hand pane) for the two new IMAP accounts and both these folders contain an inbox sub folder which I assume is the way IMAP sets things up?

The issue is that if I receive new mail to either of the two new IMAP accounts I don’t get notified and I have to manually branch down each accounts folder & click on the inbox which immediately notifies of new mail. If I don’t do that I will not know I have new mail on these two new accounts.

Why is it working that way & can I do anything to make as it is with the POP3 accounts whereby I get notified without having to manually click on the inbox?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

Advertisement