Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying and eating phlegm snot and germs

• 02-05-2016 2:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Salad bars and lose bread and cakes being sold how disgusting is that?
    One sneeze and an entire shelf of produce is contaminated?

Young kids allowed to handle everything in shops.
    I seen a kid in the supermarket one day having a great time playing with the salad bar.

Wrappers on bread and cakes does it not seem like something we should expect in this day and age.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Thread title disappoints. I thought I'd finally found a buyer for my collection :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Uh-oh. Germs on the food. Uh-oh.
    Uh-oh. Quantas. Quantas never crashed. Uh-oh.
    Maple syrup is supposed to be on the table before the pancakes. Uh-oh.
    Maple syrup is supposed to be on the table before the pancakes. Uh-oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

We've been buying and selling loose bread and cakes for thousands of years. Jesus didn't just whip out some Brennan's. You're also forgetting that someone still has to bake the bread and wrap it. We have immune systems for a reason people and we strengthen it through exposure especially when we're young. If I ever have kids I'm gonna buy 'em the snottiest, phlegmiest loaf I can find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OP, I understand you have issues
    Buy yourself some well-sterilised tissues
    Never, ever, leave your cave again
    Think about having real bad pain

© Me

Better, more disgusting thread title next time too
    Wipe front to back after you do your next poo
    No-one here will judge you
    Just wash down after your crew

© Me again now.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I generate this stuff for free, why would I need to buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I generate this stuff for free, why would I need to buy it?

Yeah, but do you eat it? Can you keep it down?
    Town.

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Salad bars and lose bread and cakes being sold how disgusting is that?
    One sneeze and an entire shelf of produce is contaminated?

Young kids allowed to handle everything in shops.
    I seen a kid in the supermarket one day having a great time playing with the salad bar.

Wrappers on bread and cakes does it not seem like something we should expect in this day and age.

Just cling-film your head and you won't have to worry about any germs (or breathing).

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

It's good for the immune system OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A little crap in the food aint not never hurt no-one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Jesus didn't just whip out some Brennan's.

Possibly one of the funniest sentences I've ever read on Boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

The less processed and more "natural" (so to speak) any food is, the more likely someone's handled it. Someone picked the fresh fruit and vege (and may have sneezed all over it), same for freshly baked bread. And don't get me started on eating out in restaurants! Also, avoid any home-made pastry. Hands have been in that!

Either you should always go for super-processed stuff or accept that you'll probably eat some of the cook at some point. Which is a sentence that even mildly grossed me out so yeah, okay.

Having said that, I -do- avoid open salad bars in supermarkets. I've worked in a few delis or in supermarkets in sight of those things and I've seen things, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

OP, you have hit on one of my sore points. I get all the stuff in replies about immune systems etc, but fcuk it, all those cakes and breads and whatnot laid out for all the passing snifflers to have a quick achooo over or a small fondle of, before they think, nahhhhh, not for me today thanks.. It's repulsive, I tells ya. And don't get me started on having to touch trolley handles after the filthy plebs have been touching them...yes, I mean YOU, ya dirty, hacking, snivelling mouth breather with the germ-ridden paws who just wiped your arse and didn't wash. Ugh, it's a wonder I ever go out!
    Now...where are me bus pants? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭RIGHTisRIGHT

OP, you have hit on one of my sore points. I get all the stuff in replies about immune systems etc, but fcuk it, all those cakes and breads and whatnot laid out for all the passing snifflers to have a quick achooo over or a small fondle of, before they think, nahhhhh, not for me today thanks.. It's repulsive, I tells ya. And don't get me started on having to touch trolley handles after the filthy plebs have been touching them...yes, I mean YOU, ya dirty, hacking, snivelling mouth breather with the germ-ridden paws who just wiped your arse and didn't wash. Ugh, it's a wonder I ever go out!
    Now...where are me bus pants? :(

That is just wrong I mean who has time to wipe their ass these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Some people's low standards when it comes to food hygiene (or just hygiene in general :P), is one of the main reasons we will always have lots of conditions and diseases floating around...

Having said that, you also can't live your life being too neurotic about this stuff either.

It's often more useful to make a judgement call on the person preparing the food, than the food itself! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

For fucck sake. It's good for you, OP.

If it was actually a problem, we'd have been fuccked loooooooooong ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I always wondered about meat in butcher's. It's all exposed so what's stopping flies landing on it?
    I know they have those electric boxes in the shop but I'd say flies can still swoop in and land on my minced beef.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Are they charging extra for this inoculation service....Maybe they should be

Maybe shop somewhere else ..dirtier or cleaner whatever you fancy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

biko wrote: »
    A little crap in the food aint not never hurt no-one

Crap is the one thing that can make you seriously ill. Remember that Pooh ate honey not poo :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Discodog wrote: »
    Crap is the one thing that can make you seriously ill. Remember that Pooh ate honey not poo :-)

Pretty sure we all ingest some sort of poo daily.
    The dangers from these things is an overplayed marketing gimmick so you'll buy sterilising products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

What the death toll from market bread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Discodog wrote: »

The reality is though that unless you spent 24/7 in a hazmat suit you're going to be ingesting a certain amount of fecal matter or at least bacteria related to it. You have to reckon with a certain proportion of the population not washing their hands after the toilet or washing them inadequately. Some of them will end up handling your food, others will (on both sides of the counter) handle paper money & coins. You're never going to completely eliminate every risk. Better to simply do your best with your own hygiene standards & not worry too much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Custardpi wrote: »
    The reality is though that unless you spent 24/7 in a hazmat suit you're going to be ingesting a certain amount of fecal matter or at least bacteria related to it. You have to reckon with a certain proportion of the population not washing their hands after the toilet or washing them inadequately. Some of them will end up handling your food, others will (on both sides of the counter) handle paper money & coins. You're never going to completely eliminate every risk. Better to simply do your best with your own hygiene standards & not worry too much about it.

Yes, but...even so....BLEURGHHHHHHHH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I only buy loose fresh bread in bakers as the quality is way better than that pre-packed Brennan's/Pat the Faker sh1te.

I am also not afraid of germs, they are everywhere and impossible to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

kneemos wrote: »
    Pretty sure we all ingest some sort of poo daily.
    The dangers from these things is an overplayed marketing gimmick so you'll buy sterilising products.

Totally agree. I was raised in the country & we didn't go in for the constant hand washing.

I haven't been to the doctor in over 20 years so I guess that my immune system is pretty good.

Advertisement