Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon ballot

Options
  • 02-05-2016 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi I was going to enter the London marathon ballot for next year as a UK resident. I'm using my wife's aunts address and I was wondering does anyone know what proof you need as regards residency if I'm lucky enough to be drawn to run. Because if they are looking for proof I live at that address I'm screwed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

fennor72 wrote: »
    Hi I was going to enter the London marathon ballot for next year as a UK resident. I'm using my wife's aunts address and I was wondering does anyone know what proof you need as regards residency if I'm lucky enough to be drawn to run. Because if they are looking for proof I live at that address I'm screwed

Yes photo you will shop require proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

ICYMI the public ballot is now open. Closing date 6 May 2016 at 5.00pm GMT.

https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/how-to-enter/ballot-entry/

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Gavlor wrote: »
    Yes photo you will shop require proof.
    Thank you Yoda :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Milltown17

Anyone know of what proof of address would they require

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Milltown17 wrote: »
    Anyone know of what proof of address would they require

I used a council tax bill for last year and it was fine, I'd imagine any utility bill would do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I presume no bills etc will be required for the overseas ballet...? At least I hope not as I may be moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SausageDogDave

why not just use the Overseas Entry? Price? Lower chance of getting selected?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

why not just use the Overseas Entry? Price? Lower chance of getting selected?

Lower chance of selection I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Stuck my name down for Overseas Entry. Sure if Leicester can win a League, anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

6th time lucky in the ballot last time, but I deferred my spot to 2017. Pretty much going from zero training-wise though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

6th time lucky in the ballot last time, but I deferred my spot to 2017. Pretty much going from zero training-wise though!

Have you been successful 6 times or were you finally successful last time after 6 attempts?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Successful after 6 attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Successful after 6 attempts.
    That's pretty good going. I just got a newsletter from them that says that they've received 253,930 lottery entries from UK applicants for next year.

https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/news-media/latest-news/item/record-number-apply-for-2017-virgin-money-london-marathon/

Advertisement