Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Tottenham EPL May 2nd 20:00 PM SS1 HD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Spurs acting the spoiled child throwing a tantrum in the bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Spurs will surely be sanctioned for their players behaviour?

Nine yellows? Damn right. Five usually does it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Spurs shown up to be very poor losers in that 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Spurs filthy tonight. Heads were gone at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mason, Dier Dembele and Lamela all should have gone. Unbelievable stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Unbelievable that Leicester City are Champions. Surreal.

Delighted for them, it gives all us fans of smaller clubs the belief that it can be done. My team are currently struggling in the Championship but it could all change in a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Cant believe he bottled sending off dier. Thats a pity decision.

If he followed the book, Spurs would have ended up with eight players by my reckoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

dafuq is going on with the spurs sub goalkeeper??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Spurs have basically shown no bottle at all.

Lose to West Brom last week, and this absolute shambles of a 2nd half performance.

This has been as shameful a performance as you will see in football. An embarrassment in both in terms of the quality of their play in that half, but also their discipline over the course of the game.

I would be ashamed of my team after that.

Spurs have gone down several notches in my estimation after that.

They should apologise to their fans for some of that behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Everyone will pretend to be outraged by that tonight but secretly we loved it, can't beat a bit of needle and a few dodgy shenanigans :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

9 bookings for 1 side is an EPL record.

Ye've won something Spurs anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Highly enjoyable. Clattenburg bottled it though, spurs should never have finished the game with 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Pochettino is looking like he is about to go crazy. I would not like to be the players when he gets them back in the dressing room. I think he is a great manager but his team has let him down bigtime more than if they lost 7-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Congratulations Leicester, Champions

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Delighted for Spurs. Talk about losing without dignity.

Also, the referee should be looked at there. How on earth did no Spurs player see a red card? Unbelievable bottling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

retalivity wrote: »
    dafuq is going on with the spurs sub goalkeeper??

His only chance to get on the telly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Cant believe he bottled sending off dier. Thats a pity decision.

Bizarre decision not to go back to it. Anyway, it's not a night for moaning about refereeing decisions. It's one of the most amazing feats in sport that has materialised. Massive congrats to Leicester on a fully deserved first top flight title. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not an ounce of sympathy for Spurs. Disgraceful behaviour from them.

What a bottler Clattenberg is. They could have had 3 or 4 off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No wonder kids do what they do on a pitch when they see people acting like that on the TV. Shocking stuff, book should be thrwon at the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Unbelievable scenes Jeff !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Spurs really lost the head there. Referee did well to keep a lid on it to be fair to him but in doing that he should have sent off Dier there at the end and Mason could have been lucky only to get a yellow... Poor from Spurs tonight, might have the players talent wise but the temperament showed to be lacking there when calm heads were needed....

Delighted for Leicester. I think that's great for the league as a whole, Spurs gave it a good shot also and interesting to see what has been the 'traditional top four' blown apart and I say that as a United fan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

GavRedKing wrote: »

Chelsea have some right bollixes in their team but Spurs managed to outdo them on that scale tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

We're about to win a place in the Champions League and are currently 2nd in the table and having our best season in decades.
    Lots of tears here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

adox wrote: »
    Not an ounce of sympathy for Spurs. Disgraceful behaviour from them.

What a bottler Clattenberg is. They could have had 3 or 4 off.
    Agreed. Walker, Dembele, Lamela and Dier should all have walked. Spurs' heads were gone big time in that last 15-20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Clip of Pochettino's halftime team talk:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Disgraceful stuff from Spurs all the way through the game, thuggery of the highest order, all of which made it all the more sweet that they've lost the league. Oh how sweet that was.

Just to add, Clattenburg and his team bottled it big time, a ridiculously cowardly performance from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

The end of the match was like when you play a rough team at underage and they're kicking the legs off you. How was someone not sent off. Spurs need a few bannings and Clattenberg needs to be looked at.

Can the players be sactioned given the ref dealt (looking for a better word) with the incidents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Losing without an ounce of class or self respect. Congrats Leicester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Congrats Leicester, unreal achievement. Enjoy ever moment.
    Chelsea fans at the stadium were all Leicester tonight, fair play!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

13133380_10156876009755788_1892297474348790763_n.jpg?oh=0a8b9dad1570c78998ef3ed176c9c5dc&oe=57B7B127

oh Podolski!

kfallon wrote: »
    Everyone will pretend to be outraged by that tonight but secretly we loved it, can't beat a bit of needle and a few dodgy shenanigans :D

I won't pretend to be outraged. It was brilliant. You can't beat genuine rivalry and needle.

Clattenburg hates Chelsea after the Mikel incident so no Spurs players were gonna walk.

Still though, highly enjoyable 2nd half.

Hammar wrote: »
    We're about to win a place in the Champions League and are currently 2nd in the table and having our best season in decades.
    Lots of tears here :pac:

So you are fine with that disciplinary display of your team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Clattenburg should be officiating a lower league game next week, but the pool of refs is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Fantastic effort by Spurs to out-dirty Chelsea. Didn't think it was possible!

Clattenburg should be officiating a lower league game next week, but the pool of refs is terrible.

That game was always going to be a nightmare to officiate. Chelsea and Spurs just don't like each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Firstly fair play Leicester, great achievement, hard to comprehend they're actually champions, fair play to them.

Clattenberg totally bottled it, walker should have been off in the first half alone for 2 yellows, lamela should have had 2 yellows and probably a straight red too, dembele for checking costas contact lenses and possible Dier for the tackle. Fair play Leicester though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jesus lads you'd swear Chelsea players had never committed a foul in their lives.

Spurs let the occasion get to them, and there should have been at least one red card. Poch and the experienced players should have settles everyone down, but they didn't. Dunno how Dier stayed on the field, and Dembele will be banned for 3 games. The rest was the usual derby stuff, just with a much bigger prize.

Spurs win 1 more game, and 2nd is guaranteed. We'll take that over 9th any day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

A lot of the Leicester players are at Vardy's gaff.

It will be carnage.

Kiith wrote: »
    Jesus lads you'd swear Chelsea players had never committed a foul in their lives.

Spurs let the occasion get to them, and there should have been at least one red card. Poch and the experienced players should have settles everyone down, but they didn't. Dunno how Dier stayed on the field, and Dembele will be banned for 3 games. The rest was the usual derby stuff, just with a much bigger prize.

Spurs win 1 more game, and 2nd is guaranteed. We'll take that over 9th any day of the week.
    1? You're being VERY generous to Spurs tonight. I make it 4; Walker, Dembele, Lamela and Dier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Can't hide the fact that I'm disappointed in slot of levels tonight but feck it. spurs will learn from their mistakes this year and will come back stronger.

They were like a dying wasp tonight. picking the wrong fights.

See, even John Terry agrees with me :P
    Terry wrote:
    It boiled over let’s not get silly and start banning people, it’s a London derby and the fans want to see it.
    blueser wrote: »
    1? You're being VERY generous to Spurs tonight. I make it 4; Walker, Dembele, Lamela and Dier.

If the ref had seen Dembele's eye gouge, i've no doubt it would have been a straight red. That's why i said he should get a ban.

Id take 9th after winning the league 12months previously.

Ye should try it sometime. ;)

Id take 9th after winning the league 12months previously.

Ye should try it sometime. ;)

Ah, we'll do it next year. We actually wanted Leicester to win this year :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A lot of the Leicester players are at Vardy's gaff.

It will be carnage.

showing footage of that now haha on skysports looks mad.. great and good luck to them all, well deserved and some...

See, even John Terry agrees with me :P
    Ah well; that settles it then!
    ;)

Yeah, all in all a great season for Spurs where Chelsea have had an embarrassing title defense.

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    showing footage of that now haha on skysports looks mad.. great and good luck to them all, well deserved and some...
    https://twitter.com/FuchsOfficial/status/727242055995392000

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement