Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Tottenham EPL May 2nd 20:00 PM SS1 HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kfallon wrote: »
    Everyone will pretend to be outraged by that tonight but secretly we loved it, can't beat a bit of needle and a few dodgy shenanigans :D

A bit of needle is solid challenges , taking ball and man in one go and launching them in to touch. I'd watch that all day long. Spurs were petulantly kicking other players like kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yeah, all in all a great season for Spurs where Chelsea have had an embarrassing title defense.

Having a title to defend was quite nice alright.

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yeah, all in all a great season for Spurs where Chelsea have had an embarrassing title defense.

Worst defence of a PL title ever I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Wait until next year. ;)

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Unbelievable scenes Jeff !

Ubelebbeble sheff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Spurs bottled it just like Arsenal.

Need change water in North London ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Spurs bottled it again. Arsenal have quite rightly been taken to task for letting this title slip away but Spurs bottled it everytime the pressure was on.

Tonight was a horror show. A few of their players will surely face a ban, the manager seemed to get sucked into it as well.

You hope that they will learn from the last few weeks but was this their chance as well? Everybody saying that the top teams will come back next season so maybe Spurs have missed the one of season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Panthro wrote: »

That's the line we used on them the Moyes year :pac:

Berserker wrote: »
    That game was always going to be a nightmare to officiate. Chelsea and Spurs just don't like each other.

Refs make their own nightmares. The more challenges go in that are effectively unpunished, the worse it gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Pochettino is a class act.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I hate that line Unbelievable Jeff...

I reckon half that Soccer Saturday stuff is contrived

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Delighted for Spurs - they have zero class. Some of the Spurs players should be ashamed.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Spurs surely? Gave up before they even won it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Johner wrote: »
    Pochettino is a class act.
    Agreed. Seems like a nice fella. He was let down by his players tonight; they were mentally gone in the last 20 minutes. But all credit to them; they had a great season, arguably the team that played the most attractive football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Spurs bottled it again. Arsenal have quite rightly been taken to task for letting this title slip away but Spurs bottled it everytime the pressure was on.

Tonight was a horror show. A few of their players will surely face a ban, the manager seemed to get sucked into it as well.

You hope that they will learn from the last few weeks but was this their chance as well? Everybody saying that the top teams will come back next season so maybe Spurs have missed the one of season

Spurs didn't bottle anything tonight.
    Even if we had won tonight and against West Brom,we would have been 3 points behind,with Leicester to play Everton( whom are already in pre-season mode) and Chelsea whom wouldn't have bothered in the last game if it meant denying Spurs the title.
    We were 4th until game week 23,a late run for the title simply came up short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

mansize wrote: »
    I hate that line Unbelievable Jeff...

I reckon half that Soccer Saturday stuff is contrived

For sure.. How else can they make watching lads watch a match on a screen you the viewer can't see exciting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Hammar wrote: »
    Spurs didn't bottle anything tonight.
    Even if we had won tonight and against West Brom,we would have been 3 points behind,with Leicester to play Everton( whom are already in pre-season mode) and Chelsea whom wouldn't have bothered in the last game if it meant denying Spurs the title.
    We were 4th until game week 23,a late run for the title simply came up short.

Spurs were not favorites granted... but Spurs still bottled it tonight. Lost a 2 goal lead and lost the head in the process... They bottled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

They didn't just bottle it, they had a full blown meltdown.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    For sure.. How else can they make watching lads watch a match on a screen you the viewer can't see exciting?

Could never see the appeal myself

Panthro wrote: »

True!

At least your fans on here are bearable! compareed to others we know

• Advertisement

mansize wrote: »
    Could never see the appeal myself

The radio, that **** will never catch on either. Cant even see the lads that are talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Of the starting 11s

Image1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They're defending it over on the Spurs forum. Whether it's the Walker kick, the Eriksson stamp, the Dembele eye-gouge or Dier's tackles, I'm not sure...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm shocked at the all the 'hate' Spurs are getting. They've had a wonderful season in a year when all bar 1 couldn't touch them. From Champions last year to having their biggest match as stopping their rivals who will finish 20+ points above them is far, far more worthy of criticism than Spurs losing their heads a bit tonight late on. I've also heard this talk of 'Arsenal throwing away the title', they were never good enough or close enough to throw away anything to be honest. Spurs were cruising before they gave away a poor goal to Cahill, just lost it a bit from there despite them should have scoring at least twice more after that. For all of Spurs stupid play tonight with the fouls, Fabregas rolling around clutching his wrist on the floor and jumping up is one of the more hilarious moments of the season, I think he realised holding your arm on the floor isn't the same thing as holding your leg and rolling around. Lamela should have of course been gone for the stamp.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Get in.

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Corholio wrote: »
    I'm shocked at the all the 'hate' Spurs are getting. They've had a wonderful season in a year when all bar 1 couldn't touch them. From Champions last year to having their biggest match as stopping their rivals who will finish 20+ points above them is far, far more worthy of criticism than Spurs losing their heads a bit tonight late on. I've also heard this talk of 'Arsenal throwing away the title', they were never good enough or close enough to throw away anything to be honest. Spurs were cruising before they gave away a poor goal to Cahill, just lost it a bit from there despite them should have scoring at least twice more after that. For all of Spurs stupid play tonight with the fouls, Fabregas rolling around clutching his wrist on the floor and jumping up is one of the more hilarious moments of the season, I think he realised holding your arm on the floor isn't the same thing as holding your leg and rolling around. Lamela should have of course been gone for the stamp.

Not sure what you're "shocked" about.

Spurs had 9 players booked, they should've had 2 or 3 sent off. On what was one of the biggest nights in their recent history they were a pathetic disgrace. When Chelsea got the equaliser there was at least 10 minutes left but as Jamie Carragher said on Sky, Spurs didn't create a half chance in that time but instead picked up 4 bookings.

No class, no composure and their fans in their sectioned off forum on here making excuses for themselves. I'm delighted for them, it would've been a travesty if they won the league.

I'm more delighted for Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Big admirer of Spurs this season, but absolutely tonight tainted that.... the above being an ignominious cherry on top.

I assume the club will be charged for failing to control its players.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Not sure what you're "shocked" about.

Spurs had 9 players booked, they should've had 2 or 3 sent off. On what was one of the biggest nights in their recent history they were a pathetic disgrace. When Chelsea got the equaliser there was at least 10 minutes left but as Jamie Carragher said on Sky, Spurs didn't create a half chance in that time but instead picked up 4 bookings.

No class, no composure and their fans in their sectioned off forum on here making excuses for themselves. I'm delighted for them, it would've been a travesty if they won the league.

I'm more delighted for Leicester.

A travesty based on one match? To add to my further shock, I'm shocked at the over exaggeration of one matches events on a whole bearing of a team. I'm happy to see Leicester won the league as well, but let's not pretend they have been gentle little flowers either. Is it just because all this happened in one match for Spurs? that a bizarre blanket opinion of them winning the league would have been a travesty? If they had been ahead of Leicester at this stage of the season they would have fully deserved to be but it wasn't to be and a lot of the frustration showed tonight and did go ott. I've found very little to dislike about Spurs this season to be honest, they did let themselves down tonight when it boiled over, but that was the exception to most of this season to be honest.

• Advertisement

A travesty based on one match? To add to my further shock, I'm shocked at the over exaggeration of one matches events on a whole bearing of a team. I'm happy to see Leicester won the league as well, but let's not pretend they have been gentle little flowers either. Is it just because all this happened in one match for Spurs? that a bizarre blanket opinion of them winning the league would have been a travesty? If they had been ahead of Leicester at this stage of the season they would have fully deserved to be but it wasn't to be and a lot of the frustration showed tonight and did go ott. I've found very little to dislike about Spurs this season to be honest, they did let themselves down tonight when it boiled over, but that was the exception to most of this season to be honest.

Of course Leicester haven't been gentle little flowers, they've been anything but that.

Spurs?, tonight was a big night for them and they bottled it big time, they let themselves down disgracefully. They somehow conspired to go down without dignity. I doubt they'll be contenders at all next season and will most likely revert to their usual role as also rans.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Of course Leicester haven't been gentle little flowers, they've been anything but that.

Spurs?, tonight was a big night for them and they bottled it big time, they let themselves down disgracefully. They somehow conspired to go down without dignity. I doubt they'll be contenders at all next season and will most likely revert to their usual role as also rans.

They drew a match they should have won and lost the run of themselves discipline wise. I know it's nice to use to term bottling any time teams lose leads during big matches etc but it's not actually based much in reality, and certainly nothing this season has shown that. Most likely based on what though? They have the core of a very solid, well organised team and a few additions and I don't see why they can't be challenging again.

They've had a wonderful season in a year when all bar 1 couldn't touch them. .

They're only 3 points ahead of Arsenal..................:)

They're only 3 points ahead of Arsenal..................:)

'Ahead' being the important word with the fact of what I said ;)

They drew a match they should have won and lost the run of themselves discipline wise. I know it's nice to use to term bottling any time teams lose leads during big matches etc but it's not actually based much in reality, and certainly nothing this season has shown that. Most likely based on what though? They have the core of a very solid, well organised team and a few additions and I don't see why they can't be challenging again.

Spurs bottled it tonight, completely lost their composure.

Spurs won't challenge again, missed the boat there. If Pocchetino wants to win anything, he'll need to go elsewhere.

Man City, Chelsea getting their act together. Arsenal? may be a change there, Arsenal were the team that really should've won the league in England this season. Liverpool will get stronger under Klopp. Man United as well.

Leicester will surely get a couple of seasons with high finishes as well.

'Ahead' being the important word with the fact of what I said ;)

You also said "could'nt". The season isnt over yet.

• Advertisement

You also said "could'nt". The season isnt over yet.

The word 'couldn't' pertains to what has already happened as did the 'they've had' part. No finality there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Spurs meltdown was hilarious. At 2-2, they abandoned trying to win the game and kicked anything that was blue.

Pushing Hiddink over isn't nice though. Looked like Danny Rose who did it, a right clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

That was some collapse discipline wise by Spurs.
    Don't think I've seen a team lose the head like that in years.
    Great fun to watch as an Arsenal fan though :)
    Nice to see another team doing an Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

At least Leicester didnt push a 70 year old man over like that, disgraceful behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Spurs have 70 points from 36 games, I doubt Guardiola is having sleepless nights wondering how he can get past that next year! But you are right about Fabregas, he made an absolute fool of himself once the replays showed what actually happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I for one am outraged by this Spurs team.

What about all the children watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm still laughing at costa grabbing the wrong side of his face after dembele scrawled him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Spurs did bottle it, no other way to look at it. @Corholio, do you think Liverpool bottled it the other year? Spurs have dropped four points in the last two matches against mid table sides. In any considered opinion that is bottling it.

The fact they they mentally collapsed last night only serves to prove the point. Spurs had all the skills necessary to beat a poor Chelsea team. 2-0 up at half time, simply hold them off and get a goal on the break. They didn't create even a half chance at 2-2.

The tension of the race was due to the fact that Spurs were thought to have a very good chance of winning all their remaining games, thus putting pressure on Leicster, but when the crunch came they folded.

That doesn't take away from the year they have had, they can be very proud of it, but it doesn't remove the fact that they should have won the league. Just as Arsenal fans disenchantment has been increased as this year they were not beaten by the money bags of City/Chelsea or United but rather a well playing team maximising their talents.

Spurs are well placed to go on from this and be a top force for the next few years, but there is no guarantee. As Liverpool found out, you need to take the chance when its in your hands, waiting for next year isn't always a good idea. You only need one of the keys players to be slightly less than this year and things can quickly fall away,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Danny rose has a very punchable face.

Hiddink must have punched him first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

vetinari wrote: »
    That was some collapse discipline wise by Spurs.
    Don't think I've seen a team lose the head like that in years.
    Great fun to watch as an Arsenal fan though :)
    Nice to see another team doing an Arsenal.

Spurs do it evey year mate,except its usually missing out on CL not the League, back to mid table obscurity with Liverpool for them i think. They had their shot and bottled it :-)

gosplan wrote: »
    I for one am outraged by this Spurs team.

What about all the children watching?

Noones outraged by them, they just showed themselves up to be very weak. In an unusual season Leicester were fully deserved winners whereas spurs were in a false position in my view. We won't be seeing much more from this Spurs outfit, they'll likely revert back to relative obscurity next season I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,064 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lol at all the Spurs hate from the usual suspects on here! We've had a great season best team in London, Champions League football next season, delighted the team showed real passion and fight for the club, unfortunately Chelsea dragged us down to their usual level last night!

Lol at all the Spurs hate from the usual suspects on here! We've had a great season best team in London, Champions League football next season, delighted the team showed real passion and fight for the club, unfortunately Chelsea dragged us down to their usual level last night!

Imagine trying to blame Chelsea for that pathetic collapse last night, sums up Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Spurs had a Keegan-esque meltdown except in a nastier malicious fashion.

An eye gouge in rugby would get a 12 week ban. A similar ban to Suarez's Ivanovic bite would be adequate.

The hand stamp should be 5-6 games, he purposely tried to break his fingers.

Rose should also get 5 games for pushing over Hiddink.

They will all get 3 games because the FA are a bit retarded when it comes to perspective and stuff that looks bad, compared to stuff that could really damage somebody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just about every incident was at the hands of a Spurs player. You out Chelsea'd Chelsea and that's not something to be proud of!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement