Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Tottenham EPL May 2nd 20:00 PM SS1 HD

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That was one of the most enjoyable games of the season. A few harsh sentiments towards Spurs on this thread. It's unfair to judge their season on just this one game. Sure, they did have a meltdown result and more remarkably discipline wise (which was very funny I have to say). But they've still hand a fantastic season which last night's game was not a reflection of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lol at all the Spurs hate from the usual suspects on here! We've had a great season best team in London, Champions League football next season, delighted the team showed real passion and fight for the club, unfortunately Chelsea dragged us down to their usual level last night!

If you cant handle the 9th best side in England after being 2-0 up with 45mins to play ye've no hope in Europe. I suppose its the taking part the counts, not winning anything.

Spurs had a Keegan-esque meltdown except in a nastier malicious fashion.

An eye gouge in rugby would get a 12 week ban. A similar ban to Suarez's Ivanovic bite would be adequate.

The hand stamp should be 5-6 games, he purposely tried to break his fingers.

Rose should also get 5 games for pushing over Hiddink.

They will all get 3 games because the FA are a bit retarded when it comes to perspective and stuff that looks bad, compared to stuff that could really damage somebody.

What was so remarkable is you just don't expect Spurs to be like that, it's not what you associate them with. I couldn't believe what I was watching. And it was from the start, even when they were winning that they just looked like they wanted to have their own players sent off.

Great drama to watch though, from start to finish to the brawl at the end.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Trying to blame Chelsea for the behaviour of the Spurs players is embarrassing.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Noones outraged by them, they just showed themselves up to be very weak. In an unusual season Leicester were fully deserved winners whereas spurs were in a false position in my view. We won't be seeing much more from this Spurs outfit, they'll likely revert back to relative obscurity next season I reckon.

Wow. Spurs with their squad packed with quality and relatively expensive players and a great young manager were in a false position?
    The 2 clear best teams in the league will finish 1st and 2nd. There's no argument to be had there. Spurs were fantastic this season.

The chances of Leicester getting close to the season they have just had are slim to none. Champions League will hamper them big time. Spurs done this alongside a Europa League campaign this season.
    The need to knock them for it from people here is a little strange, a lot of it coming from supporters of teams that had a significantly worse season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lol at all the Spurs hate from the usual suspects on here! We've had a great season best team in London, Champions League football next season, delighted the team showed real passion and fight for the club, unfortunately Chelsea dragged us down to their usual level last night!

That's bs. Spurs acted like ***** all game and it was even worse after Chelsea equalised.

Surprised Chelsea restrained from throwing few punches, should have done it.

Trying to blame Chelsea for the behaviour of the Spurs players is embarrassing.

Barrel scraping stuff.

At least the league is going to be ultra competitive next year, theres potentially about 8 teams who can win the league now.

Should make it the toughest year to win the title next year.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

GavRedKing wrote: »
    At least the league is going to be ultra competitive next year, theres potentially about 8 teams who can win the league now.

Already looking forward to next season, should be fascinating. Impossible to call top 4 next year imo.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Spurs had a Keegan-esque meltdown except in a nastier malicious fashion.

An eye gouge in rugby would get a 12 week ban. A similar ban to Suarez's Ivanovic bite would be adequate.

The hand stamp should be 5-6 games, he purposely tried to break his fingers.

Rose should also get 5 games for pushing over Hiddink.

They will all get 3 games because the FA are a bit retarded when it comes to perspective and stuff that looks bad, compared to stuff that could really damage somebody.

Keegan and Newcastle didn't run around kicking the opposition and blaming everyone else when they folded to be fair to them. Spurs somehow managed to fail while losing every shred of dignity in the process. A remarkably unlikable outfit and their fans trying to make excuses for them and blame Chelsea. They won't be back in anything near the position they got to this season. Any team that plays against them from now on will just give them the extra bit of needle they deserve, and lol while they implode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Thought Spurs were the better team till their meltdown , lost their cool big time. Still great passion showed by Chelsea especially by Fabregas , shame they didn't show it a couple of weeks ago against City or on several other occasions during the season. Chelsea fans for all their gloating should look back at this season and think the highlight was drawing at home to Spurs.

One of the reasons why I think Arsenal are the biggest losers, league wise, this season. Not to say they won’t compete next year or even win it, but they blew a big chance this year. Taking nothing away from Spurs and Leicester, but Arsenal simply haven’t taken advantage of the poor form of the likes of Man City and Chelsea.

I know it can be argued that Arsenal have finished above Man City, Chelsea etc, but you can make excuses for those clubs who have just been awful. They’re bringing in new managers and presumably new players and you’d expect them to fill top four slots next year. Arsenal have simply stood still and have had their usual season. They’ve finished above those other clubs almost by default only to be overtaken by Spurs and Leicester.

I can understand Arsenal fans frustration at Wenger when you look at this season as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

monkey9 wrote: »
    What was so remarkable is you just don't expect Spurs to be like that, it's not what you associate them with. I couldn't believe what I was watching. And it was from the start, even when they were winning that they just looked like they wanted to have their own players sent off.

Great drama to watch though, from start to finish to the brawl at the end.

It something that Pochettino has brought into the Spurs style.

Last night was was the 6th time this season where they have been shown 4 or more yellow cards in a game - more than any other team.

monkey9 wrote: »
    One of the reasons why I think Arsenal are the biggest losers, league wise, this season. Not to say they won’t compete next year or even win it, but they blew a big chance this year. Taking nothing away from Spurs and Leicester, but Arsenal simply haven’t taken advantage of the poor form of the likes of Man City and Chelsea.

I know it can be argued that Arsenal have finished above Man City, Chelsea etc, but you can make excuses for those clubs who have just been awful. They’re bringing in new managers and presumably new players and you’d expect them to fill top four slots next year. Arsenal have simply stood still and have had their usual season. They’ve finished above those other clubs almost by default only to be overtaken by Spurs and Leicester.

I can understand Arsenal fans frustration at Wenger when you look at this season as a whole.

I agree with ya 100%, Arsenal did miss a huge chance. Utd and City were poor and not consistent enough, Pool were still recovering from Rodgers and his poor start and Chelsea were a shambles from the first kick of a ball.

Spurs, who were 4th a few weeks back had a late tilt at it but ultimately fell short but I do think Arsenal missed a trick. Its also possible, on top of CIty and Chelsea having new managers and players that Utd will also follow suit and bring in fresh blood.

Top 4 next year for Chelsea would be brilliant after this season anyway IMO and with only at a minimum, 40 games to worry about, I think we'll give it a good go too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Personally, I think you'll see a bit of a respumption of the Old World Order next season with Spurs in the mix. Leicester will still finish high, but I doubt they'll repeat a top-5 position and Liverpool? Well, you never know what the hell Liverpool are going to do, but probably 5th.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Thought Spurs were the better team till their meltdown , lost their cool big time. Still great passion showed by Chelsea especially by Fabregas , shame they didn't show it a couple of weeks ago against City or on several other occasions during the season. Chelsea fans for all their gloating should look back at this season and think the highlight was drawing at home to Spurs.

Thats how bad our season has been, its a petty victory of sorts to stop Spurs contesting for the title for another week but it was also good to keep up the unbeaten record against them at the Bridge.

As I said elsewhere, we've the 12th best home record in the league and its pathetic, 5 home wins, 8 draws and 5 losses in those 18 games so far with the champions to visit the Bridge on the last day, if it wasnt for our away record being somewhat ok, we'd be much closer to the drop.

For that reason alone, I really cant wait to get rid of Guus, hes pretty clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Personally, I think you'll see a bit of a respumption of the Old World Order next season with Spurs in the mix. Leicester will still finish high, but I doubt they'll repeat a top-5 position and Liverpool? Well, you never know what the hell Liverpool are going to do, but probably 5th.

I think there are more likely to be suprises from here on in. The additional tv money that is spread around pretty evenly will, unsurprisingly, even things out a little more.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see West Ham challenging for the top 4 and maybe another complete surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Those Spurs players will learn from last night.

I don't think they're nasty as a club, I just think the players were immature, unprofessional, and some of them snapped under pressure.

I don't think Pochettino did his job well enough at HT. He should've noticed it boiling up and been able to calm his players down. They should never have been so amped up.

Spurs will be back. They've too many good players, and too talented a manager not to. But they need to learn to handle the pressure, because they were examined last night and failed spectacularly.

They need to take their embarrassing capitulation on the chin and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Stilla chance spurs will finish 3rd like,all this talk of 2nd best,best in london etc...aint over yet.. few suspensions for spurs to come,be quite funny see them finish behind the gunners after all this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Unbelievable scenes Jeff !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think it's interesting how people are saying same old Spurs bottling it. From a few years ago it's been trying to get into Europe 'bottling' it, now it's still with a chance to win the league with 2 games to go 'bottling' it. I'd call that a bottling progression. I for one have enjoyed watching Spurs this season and despite them completely loosing the heads last night have a lot less questions to answer than most of the teams there, including their opponents last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

greendom wrote: »
    I think there are more likely to be suprises from here on in. The additional tv money that is spread around pretty evenly will, unsurprisingly, even things out a little more.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see West Ham challenging for the top 4 and maybe another complete surprise

SURPRISE!!!!! :p

Harry Kane
    "When the ex-Champions are celebrating like they've won the league, it shows that we're doing something right,"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Just watched the highlights again on Sky. Spurs really were a disgrace at the end of that match. Must be punished. Completely unacceptable.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yeah, I just did the same myself and I'd seriously question how on earth Clattenburg was happy to stand over some of those decisions, even taking into account his bias against Chelsea. Some of the tackles that came in were textbook straight red cards and some of them didn't even warrant a yellow in his view? Utter madness from "the best referee" in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Watched it on Youtube myself.

Spurs really imploded on the pitch. Couldn't hold it together even when they were winning.

I thought it would have been Leicester who wouldn't be able to handle the heat in Old Trafford.

Reminded me of the Movie "Mean Machine"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I've narrowed it down to 19 teams currently in Prem(excluding Aston Villa) and Burnley, Middlesbrough, Brighton, Derby, Hull and Sheffield Wednesday

Unearthly wrote: »
    I've narrowed it down to 19 teams currently in Prem(excluding Aston Villa) and Burnley, Middlesbrough, Brighton, Derby, Hull and Sheffield Wednesday

Well ya. :o

But realistically, even accounting for another Leicester like win from someone like Palace, which shouldnt ever happen again in most peoples life time, the league is probably at its most competitive at this stage.

The TV money will balance it up a bit more too and this summer should see the transfer money spent in a window smashed by the EPL clubs.

Just want to echo what SlickRic said earlier, Spurs and more so Pochettino will have learned an awful lot from the game last night and will stand to them next year in big games and should make them a better side for it.

• Just watched a clip on twitter

How on earth was there no reds given. Some absolutely wreckless challanges

How on earth no one was injured is another miracle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Harry Kane
    Or it's the fact everyone hates ye and no one wanted ye to win the league ;)

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just watched a clip on twitter

How on earth was there no reds given. Some absolutely wreckless challanges

How on earth no one was injured is another miracle

Clattenburg, hes got reasons not too like Mikel and Chelsea given what happened but the Refs assocation have to seriously look at the performance and question him.

Hes taking charge of the FA cup final too this year and hes probably Englands "best" official and hes going to the Euros, which is pretty scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Is that the top 8?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement