Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco free gift

Options
  • 02-05-2016 6:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

I broke my arm in Jan....still can't drive. So shopping on line. Got my Tesco shop yesterday...not much...just dry goods so left crate in hall until going to bed. Plonked in middle of it was Dove basket...didn't order or pay for it, nor did delivery guy mention it nor on docket. There's six full size items plus a package of the same sets in a box. Should I return or accept?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

At least let your local shop know about it so they don't think the driver stole it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Got a mail back....apparently a gift as regular driver thought i needed a treat following accident and organised it! Was different driver yesterday. Seriously impressed. Thanks Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'd say give your local tesco a call or if thete is a number on the delivery docket and just let them know. They'll appreciate your honesty and probably tell you you can keep it.

I'm made up with it. Just such a nice bit of humanity! I've got friendly enough with the delivery guy so a nice gesture plus someone organising this was great. Makes up for my left hand! Amazed I got a reply at 6.30!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Aw that's so lovely!

• Advertisement

I'm really amazed...i don't even know the guy's name. Just glad all legit! What a really lovely gesture. I know it's a corporate but he went to the trouble of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

I think they were plámásing if they told you it was just you. It's standard practice for them to chuck in a free gift now and then. We got the Dove gift box on Friday.

Oh i figured that out but i got the full size ones as well

Advertisement