Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 4G dongle for Dublin?

Options
  • 02-05-2016 6:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Short version: which is the best dongle with 4G speeds with unlimited data? I'll be working in south Dublin mostly so it needs to have decent coverage/capacity there.

Context: So I'm visiting from abroad but trying to work remotely using my parents awful wifi, which is doing my head in. I've tried tethering using my 4G-enabled mobile but it seems not to be switching on LTE even though I use it in Australia. I have a 3 SIM but 3 have thrown their hands up saying they don't support phones they don't sell (mine is an LG G3). I could spend ages trouble shooting this to get decent internet speeds but I can't be bothered. I've already found a forum post elsewhere giving me some potential fixes for the phone but nothing worked (including an app called '4G switcher').

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Your slow speed is probably related to the network (its overloaded with MVNOs and all you can eat data) and not your phone.

Try and get a meteor and / or Vodafone PAYG SIM and see which works at your location. If you search for the "Three" forum here you'll get the picture of what their network's usability is (i.e. not great).

Advertisement