Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me decide between two properties

Options
  • 02-05-2016 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

We are looking at two properties.

One is a new build , v small, phase 2 of development to follow. It's in a lovely town - really well located.

Other is much bigger. Spacious. In an already established estate. Although the town really isn't v nice.

Both are the same price, pretty much.

The market is so stagnant and we really do need to buy soon...

What to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

What do you value more space or a "lovely" town? Then buy the one you value more

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Difficult to offer advice with that much info.
    Is this somewhere you will settle for life? Close to work & family?

Don't buy for the sake of buying. Pick your location first then buy the best house you can comfortably afford in that location.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Location, location, location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Location, location, location.

Be very careful here - panic buying can lead to people making poor decisions. Maybe neither house is your answer.

If a gun was put to my head and I had to choose one, I'd go with the house in the nice area. There's an old saying that goes "the day you buy is the day you sell". If circumstances change and you need to sell up and move, you could have trouble shifting the house in the less nice area.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

MrsD123 wrote: »
    We are looking at two properties.

One is a new build , v small, phase 2 of development to follow. It's in a lovely town - really well located.

Other is much bigger. Spacious. In an already established estate. Although the town really isn't v nice.

Both are the same price, pretty much.

The market is so stagnant and we really do need to buy soon...

What to do?

based on the infos provided, for a long run (averagely more than 7yrs ) ,i would personally go for a new build in a nice town, thinking about bills you will pay for and comfort you will get from it, and also the life standards r for ur family,

if you plan to sell it or rent it out in a few years time, go for the second one...

and also all properties are overpriced in market currently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Whichever has better broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

ED E wrote: »
    Whichever has better broadband.
    cannot agree with u more...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: NTL was bad, UPC was very bad, Virgin is the worst in my area....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do both have front and rear gardens?
    Do both have south facing rear gardens?
    Do both have driveways to park your car?
    Do both have the same level of utilities available like natural gas and broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MrsD123

We are going for location! Big houses are overrated ;)

Advertisement