Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wileyfox Swift 4G Dual-SIM Cyanogen OS Smartphone 99£ from Amazon.co.uk

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

murphm45 wrote: »
    Ah that's were you're wrong http://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_c1-6885.php

Technically foxconn are making it, Nokia (or what's left of the company that Microsoft didn't buy) are designing it and licencing other companies to make it. I wonder will it even be realised here though, the n1 tablet was only released in China.

Yeah was reading about that here
    I've played with one or two lumias in the past, was impressed with their responsivess/camera/solid build etc, just didn't like the tile version of Windows Phone.

Having been one of early backers of Android back in 2006 (before pulling out to go with Microsoft) its good to have them back in the fold. I think Nokia's expertise in hardware along with the improvements in Android N, should make them a good mix. But that spec you posted, an Adreno 510 GPU along with a Snapdragon 652, that would be such a letdown!
    Think I will go with the update to Blackberry's android phone, the Priv.

As for Wileyfox, clove do a good spec sheet [url] https://www.clove.co.uk/wileyfox-swift[/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

About the deeper usb slot, would this possibly work:

395997.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

eman66 wrote: »
    About the deeper usb slot, would this possibly work:

395997.jpg

Get one of these, pick the 7mm option, saves the charging socket from wear as you leave connector in it permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

As my HTC is acting up and I'm mid contract I was thinking of purchasing this phone, forgive my ignorance but I'm guessing I can just pop my sim from the HTC into this phone and it will work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

Yeah. Phone isn't locked and will accept any Irish network SIM cards

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

basskebab wrote: »
    Yeah. Phone isn't locked and will accept any Irish network SIM cards

Nice one, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Bought one of these in November and had an awful time getting the screen replaced with them under my repair voucher. Took 3 months and now the phone keeps randomly turning off as if its dead. Anyone any experience of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    now the phone keeps randomly turning off as if its dead. Anyone any experience of this?

Typically a crap cell thats dropping voltage below critical. It may be easier on your sanity to just purchase a new battery.

ED E wrote: »
    Typically a crap cell thats dropping voltage below critical. It may be easier on your sanity to just purchase a new battery.

Any particular kind, or just another Wileyfox one? I certainly won't be sending it off again, that's for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I had same phone past year and no issues and battery still amazing. Couldn't fault mine at all

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I had same phone past year and no issues and battery still amazing. Couldn't fault mine at all

I got it in November and had no issues either, absolutely loved it! Cracked the screen in March and sent it off for my complimentary repair, which took 3 months and a lot of lies via email getting caught out before they finally sent it back to me. And now the battery keeps failing.

Advertisement