Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing vibration sensors with motion sensors?

Options
  • 02-05-2016 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have an Aritech CS350 home alarm. A few months back I had an internal wall removed which had two windows with vibration sensors. When the work was being done I had the sensor wiring placed either side of the new archway where the wall had been. What I'd like to do is use that wiring and have IR motion sensors pointing at the doors either side of the archway.

So, and sorry for all the questions, (1) Is that an option? If so, then (2) where can I get the parts? (3) Should I get an installer to do the job or is it something I could do myself with some guidance from this forum? (4) Any guidance on what this should cost?

Cheers,
    opm

p.s. I don't see a way to attach a pic here, and URLs are frowned on, so not sure how to show exactly what the current situation is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

opm wrote:
    p.s. I don't see a way to attach a pic here, and URLs are frowned on, so not sure how to show exactly what the current situation is.

The url would be fine, just not for new users as they are used by spamming accounts.
    I usually just use the public folder in my Dropbox account and link that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Op I would get a professional to do this, PIR's need to be wired directly back to panels, that may or not be the case with your wiring.
    Also it is best not to have PIR's looking straight at glass doors

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As Kub says this is not that straightforward. Those wires would not be going back to the panel directly & also may need to be wired together for other areas to work correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 opm

Thanks for the advice. I'll go with an installer, either to fit motion sensors or to close the loop off correctly.

Don't suppose you can give me some names of Aritech installers that could do the job for me? I'm in Dublin West.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 opm

Stoner wrote: »
    The url would be fine, just not for new users as they are used by spamming accounts.
    I usually just use the public folder in my Dropbox account and link that in.

When I try this my post is blocked and I'm told I'm a new user, tho' it's been at least 6 years. What criteria defines "new"?

• Advertisement
Advertisement