Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to automate invoice payments?

• 02-05-2016 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

In many companies:
    - Significant number of third party providers.
    - Third party providers send PDF invoices by email in multiple different formats.
    - Amounts vary from payment to payment.
    - Administrator keys in the invoice amount, currency, pay date, wire details (if new), reference etc
    - Very manual process.

What is the best way to manage this? Is there any way to automate payments to third parties? Does an 'electronic request for payment' thing exist?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Oh, god. I'm not an expert, but your post sounded to me at first glance like, "how can I set up an automated system to pay by direct debit on my current account every bill presented to it?". Please say you're allowing a trusted human to pre-approve all invoices presented for payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

I am not saying that a human does not need to be anywhere in the process. I am wondering what the most automated / efficient way is to manage invoice payments, ideally avoiding the manual re-keying of data that is already on the invoice itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

DD payment is the first answer; the second one would be to use some form of e-invoice provider to do the conversion for you or depending on size outsource it to a BPO for them to enter it (Accenture or Genpact springs to mind who'll have people input it in India etc. at a much lower rate).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's called EDI, electronic data interchange. Requires that you only accept invoices from others who agree to send them via your gateway.

If you're small enough to be asking for advice here then you're unlikely to have the influence to require it of your suppliers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks.

There really should be a standard way to ask for someone to pay you money and to put the request in a standard electronic form whereby the payer simply clicks an approve button inside online banking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Duckett

take a look at SoftCo - see link below

http://softco.com/ie/solutions/ar-einvoicing/

Advertisement